Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: am I wrong in what I do

I go both ways lol sometimes I'm a guy in a skirt others I do now to try and pass but still really just a guy in a skirt.

You are certainly not alone. The percentage of CDs who truly pass is, I believe, quite small. In public I usually get ignored--not the same as passing. Don't worry about it. Just perfect your image to the extent you want, and be cautious if you do go out.

Shoot out the lights
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Charlessa,

I am like you to a point. I don't want to become a woman and I have no desire to pass as a woman. I also have no desire to even go out in public dressed, except I do wear panties everyday. I also have 2 pair of women's jeans and 1 woman's shirt which I have occasionally worn in public, but they really don't look feminine unless you look closely. My obsession is more lingerie, however I do enjoy wearing a dress maybe once per month.

I guess I'm another one of the "only ones here" - I prefer dresses and skirts to pants, but have no desire to "pass". I'm mostly bald, have had a beard and moustache for over 40 years now, and have no desire to shave my face! I do shave my legs, belly, chest, and underarms because it looks better when wearing nice things. My wife and I have a standing joke: when she gets comfortable she takes off her bra; when I get comfortable I put mine on! I'm strictly a stay-at-home dresser, although I have been known to under-dress fairly often, and have worn a skirt out shopping a time or two, many years ago.
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Charlessa,

Oh, I think you most definitely have a home here! I enjoy the diversity inherent to our community. What a boring world this would be if we were all the same! Hope you're feeling welcome!

Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Banned Read only
    Hey, we all present to some degee en femme for a ton of reasons!

You might have a fetish for particular items of clothing, that's cool (I'd actually envy you 😠 )

You might have a case of 'incorrect erotic targeting', that's cool (I'd actually envy you 😠 ...again)

Or you might be in the 'gender vortex' (that sucks 😔 )

But you're certainly not alone! 😀

There is nothing wrong with you, you echo mine and many others on here and even far more that aren't and don't know about this forum. Passing is not essential to many and the target for many, it's strictly a personal objective and don't be surprised if you may change your mind after dressing and enjoying the finished process. I admire the fact you state exactly what you do know and have no problem with facing it. Seems that so many can't decide what they are and question it to the point it is an obstruction to their own happiness. Enjoy it and never regret doing it, but make sure you later in years don regret not do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    As many have said here no there is nothing wrong with wearing the clothes that you like and are comfortable in, going and trying to pass is a personal choice and as I say trying to pass because unless you already have good feminine features then you won't pass 100 percent anyway.
    For me going out and trying to blend in has just been a natural progression of this side of myself and for some it happens and for some it never will.
    Your in the right place here so just enjoy the group

Hi Charlessa,
    You also wondered if you were in the right forum- and you might want to check out Skirt Cafe- where men who like to wear skirts chat and specifically say they are NOT crossdressers! http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/
    Phil
    We are all beautiful...!

Phili. I'm a member of that forum. I got in "trouble" because I had on a bra and mentioned bra and panties in a passing remark. I was even accused by a member of padding my hips! It is a great forum though. But I am a crossdresser. I just don't try to pass myself as a lady.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Exactly the same here. CD is my sweet release after a long day of work. I don't go out much during the work week, so it's every late afternoon & evening in dresses and every night in lingerie. When I cross over, I just feel a sometimes inexplicable level of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    Hi Charlessa,
    You also wondered if you were in the right forum- and you might want to check out Skirt Cafe- where men who like to wear skirts chat and specifically say they are NOT crossdressers! http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/
    Phil
    They should wear kilts. Guy at my work, a big stuffy corporation, wears one once in a while and no one even blinks. I don't know him well. I've wanted to ask if the kilt is a specific clan tartan, because I have some Scottish ancestry, and we might be mortal enemies. ;-)

Edit: ok, popped over there, and they have a kilt forum. There ya go.
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 06-02-2016 at 08:11 AM.

I'm a lot like Tracii. 99% of my clothing are feminime. Its all I wear these days. As Homer Simpson once said about panties. "Its a comfort thing". Yes its a comfort thing to me to. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Do what makes you comfortable and happy. Nothing wrong with that, as far as I am concerned. There are several others here who do it just as you do.

Personally, I love presenting fully female and doing my best to pass. But I know that isn't for everyone, by any means. There was a time in my own CD history where I still had a beard and hairy arms, chest and legs, and I felt there was no way I would ever pass, unless I was in a costume with a mask that completely hid my face, my arms, my chest and my legs!

Now? I have no beard, I have a shaved body, and I've developed much better skills with makeup and arranging my clothes, and have learned to do a passable female voice. I think I can pass quite well now, and the responses of strangers confirm it for me. But it took me a year or two to get those skills.

But I don't always present female, and when I am in male mode, I do like wearing some girly things. Now as my personal preference, I don't like the idea, for myself, of putting on a dress or a skirt or an obviously feminine blouse or pair of decorated jeans while otherwise presenting as male. That's just my personal preference, for my own behavior. I don't mind at all if someone else wants to go all out with the girl clothes while otherwise presenting male. It's just not what feels right for me. If it works for you, that's great!

Now for example, yesterday and today, I am in male mode. But I have my fingernails and toenails painted. I am wearing pierced earrings. I am wearing ladies sandals that show off my painted toes. And I am wearing plain ladies jeans (with no embroidery or other girly decorations) and under that I'm wearing panties from the ladies department. The only 'male clothes' I have on are a belt from the mens department, and a unisex t-shirt. And I'll go out like that and interact with my neighbors or go to the grocery store or the bank, with no qualms at all.

Each of us has to find our own comfort zone with whatever urges are driving us. And each of us are different, and those urges may or may not change over time. Right now, I feel much closer to you than I do to those sisters and brothers on this site who have an extreme gender dysphoroa issue and know they absolutely must surgically change their body so their outward gender appearance matches their mind and spirit. I really feel for them, and count myself lucky that I don't feel such a disconnection from my assigned birth gender. I can be comfortable with living part time as a woman, and trying to pass when I do cross dress, and spending part time as a male (my birth gender), while not resorting to hormones or surgeries to change my body to female. Might I eventually go further? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Others may find they do need to fully transition, or to fully pass, or to attempt to pass, after earlier experiences closer to where you are now. Or they may decide that what they do now remains right for the rest of their lives. What was comfortable and right for me has changed over time, but it doesn't have to change for everyone. It is your mind and your body, and no one else can choose what is right for you.

Life is a journey, and we each have to walk our own path. Walk yours proudly, and be who you want to be.
    Last edited by Ceera; 06-02-2016 at 10:18 AM.

If I were to give myself a title, I guess crossdresser fits it the closest. I don't really dress up because I want to be passable, I just want to be cute lol. I guess I'm passable, a lot of people actually think I'm a girl so I guess that's what the term means. I don't like the idea of being a female or male, but I don't feel wrong in any way.

Jenniegrace , you are right,I could never pass or be a women.
    Cross dressing in born to me ,Ade this is the right place for any TG ,CD and their well wishers.
    love:

there is nothing wrong in what you do or how you feel. We cd'ers come in all forms but the one thing we all have in common is the fact that we all LOVE to wear female clothing. I personally have been cd'in for over 50 yrs and have accepted me as me.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

You are not alone. I feel much the same.

Silver Member
    Fine with me. I could easily skip the desire to pass if I wan't so sure my life would explode if the 2 worlds collided. I think I was born a male tomboy. I would wear women's clothes and do the girly activities but still be all male at other times. No such endearing term exist for me so i try to blend which is fun too. Just much more prep time.
    Welcome and please do share with us you adventures...

Long as we all make ourselves happy. That's all the matters in my opinion. I've been in my garage making sawdust all day. I know I'm fixing to dress down and get comfortable

hello Charlessa
    you are perfectly RIGHT to dress the way you wish
    luv Jacques

Silver Member
    I absolutely love to dress in female clothes, love sexy underwear and underdress very often, i also like wearing heels, dresses, skirts etc etc etc

Wil i ever pass as a woman, i doubt it very much does it make me feel really nice to be dressed as a woman, you bet it does

I do my going out mainly underdressed and often drive in heels while i am out underdressed and I consider myself as a cross dresser

This has been part of my life for close on 50 years now and I enjoy it more and more as I get older and feel totally at home dressed in my female clothes

This forum has helped me realise I am not alone and certainly not unique which has helped me tremendously

We all do what we need to do and we are all different, I would love to be able to pass and go out as a woman but I can't get the look, but what look I have makes me happy, so I am content for now