Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What prompted you to start crossdressing?

The first thing I ever did was try on one of mom's one piece swimsuits with its built-in bra cups when I was 12. That's all it took to get me hooked. i'm 66 now, and I've enjoyed every minute.

Budlinda
    My older sister put makeup and lipstick on me and then later dress me many times, i was 7 and she was 14...I first had a lipstick fetish, then it evolved into crossdressing

Had to be my Mom's stockings hanging off the shower curtain and her lipsick on the counter, i was about 8 or 9 atvthe time.

while maybe 7 or 8, I tried my sisters panties and loved them. but I didn't get into any other clothes for whatever reason. a couple years ago I finally bought a bra and fell in love! then I decided to try dresses and skirts. why didn't I do this a long time ago? because I love them! I had wanted to try these things but didn't. now I do and I go in public sometimes

not sure really i just found female clothing so much more comfortable and relaxing

This is the question that has always plagued me. Yes, I tried on Mom's and Sister's panties when I was young - probably 13 or 14 and it was quite taboo and exciting as well. And instead of "growing out of it" I guess, for lack of a better term - I became addicted to panties, then additional lingerie, bras, stockings, slips, etc. Later, wanted to do more and complete the look with outerwear. I thought it would end when I got married, but no, the addiction is still there. It is still exciting because the opportunities to fully dress are so rare. So, who knows? Perhaps Ellen is on to something that sets us CDs apart from the young boys who have tried on a pair of panties and then forgotten all about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetED View Post
    Many young boys try on feminine clothing. The real question is why did we continue and they did not? They do it once for curiosity and get no joy out of it and never remember it again. We did get enjoyment and that is what makes us different. Why we got that kind of reinforcement is the real big question - genetics and/or environmental things that may have occurred before we could lay down permannent memories so there is no way for us to now remember.
    Hugs, Ellen

Short version: Someone wanted to molest me, so he came up with a reason why maybe god made a mistake and I was really supposed to be a girl. He gave me some girls clothes to try on, and, when they fit, declared that he was right. Long version in my bio, link in sig.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Bugs Bunny! When I first saw him crossdressed, I could see the fun he was having in all his feminine finery. I needed to try it out for myself and now its part of who I am.

No big deal one day I had no clean underwear so I bought a pair of moms never thought much about what I was doing. Over time it just became the thing to do. My mom question me On occasion asking me if I have worn them she made a big production out of it so I never thought about it being wrong. Later in life look into other articles of clothing ,I do enjoy wearing skirts. butt that wasn't something a young man dead back in those days. I really have no desire to be a woman. Today at the age of 70 dressing is a activity that I look forward to and address wholeheartedly I thoroughly enjoyed being me weather I am perceived as a woman or a man makes no difference as long as I look presentable and I'm reasonably attractive

Quote Originally Posted by Mykaa View Post
    thats a good question, my oldest memories of it are probly around 4 or 5, what makes a 4 or 5 year old do that?
    Exactly! Been hooked since, 60 years now.
    Keely

One of the Reds

Just always had an overwhelming desire to look like and be a girl, for as long as I can remember.
    I'm always a woman!

My older sisters dressed me in a long line open=bottomed girdle for a lark. I was very young, perhaps only five years old or so.
    I thought it was a wonderful feeling and my sexual exploration from then on centered on dressing as much as I could.

I always was fascinated with watching my grandmother in her open bottom girdles and full slips and stockings and this led to exploring her drawers and my mom's drawers.
    Dressing started very early with me....
    I can still remember dressing up in my grandmothers girdle, stockings and slip and having her right downstairs in the house unknowing and watching thru the window into the backyard so i could
    get everything off in time as my sister walked home from school (could see her from afar from that window)

As a teenager, I was supposed to work on an event as stweard, but eventually I had to work as a stwardess due to the uniforms availability and strict dress codes. My female workmates on the event provided a lot support and helped me to dress with enough female dignity....I had a great night with they both then...hooked since then.

I recall that about 7 or 8 years old, I had the very best feeling by trying on my mother's slips and nightgowns. Every time she would go out and leave me alone in the house, I would put her things on. My curiosity began to build about bras, girdles stockings and panties. By the time I was a teenager, I would dress up fully with Mom's clothes and her breast enhancers including stockings, heels and skirt and sweater. I would walk all over the neighborhood at night. I know people saw me, but no one ever said anything. I was scared once when a car with two middle aged men pulled over to the side of the road and tried to pick me up, thinking I was a girl out at night alone. I did not dress again until several years later. Now I go out dressed regularly to many places such as hair salon, nail salon, grocery store and bank. I am always underdressed at this stage of my life and my hair has grown below my shoulders and frequently gets me addressed as Ma'am even in drab mode. I really feel I could transition but too many family members depend on me to be their "rock." I do get some people telling me to cut my hair or wear less femme footwear, etc. but I dismiss them by saying This is how I like to look. I still escalate my going out in public to more places and wearing more femme or, at least, androgynous clothes. Life goes on.
    P
    We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

I began wearing stockings and pantyhose at age 4. I don't recall dabbling in other clothing items. It was pretty much pantyhose every day and once in a while stockings. At 17 at the urging of an ex girlfriend, I wore pantyhose out openly with shorts. I was so nervous about getting noticed but much to my surprise no one seemed to.

Men's shorts were shorter back then but I wanted them shorter. I wanted to show off more of my legs. I bought some girls jeans type shorts which were shorter. They were a different fit but I liked them better.

I used to go out to dressed in my shorts and pantyhose to shop for and buy more pantyhose. One day while on a cashier line waiting to buy many pairs of pantyhose, a girl noticed what I was wearing and buying. We got to talking. She wondered why I didn't wear any other feminine clothes. She began buying me some lingerie to try. It was OK and she got a kick out of it so I wore it for her.

Then she thought I should go dressed up as a girl for a Halloween party at her college. She would go as the guy and I would go as the girl. I was reluctant but she reminded me that I would be wearing pantyhose and showing off my legs. That seemed exciting and appealed to me. Out we went buying, some dresses, heels, panties, bras, wigs and makeup. We chose a dress I liked best. It felt natural and comfortable in it. We chose a wig we thought looked best. She helped me with the make up. The heels were awful. I could barely stand in them, let alone walk. When I saw how much sexier they made my legs look, I knew I had to wear them. I wore them in the house everyday and went out walking in them at night. In a couple of weeks I was totally comfortable in them.

I was anxious the night of the party. I nearly changed my mind. Walking from the car to the building was scary not knowing who I might run into and what there reaction would be. No problems there. Then getting inside I worried about the same thing. When I walked into the room it seemed all eyes were on me. Girls were entranced with my look and clothes. I got lot's of compliments. Guys seemed to be intrigued, confused and embarrassed. It's like they wanted to hit on me but knew I wasn't a genetic girl or they were just nervous about approaching a girl they didn't know. I was familiar with the guys side of this encounter but now I was experiencing girl power. It was an amazing night and so much more fun then I could have imagined.

That night, we won "best couple costume". I won "sexiest costume" and "best legs". To top it all off, I met other guys dressed fem who dressed often and had dress up parties. I got invited to join them. So I went from a 4 year old kind playing with stockings to an 18 year old cross dresser and that was just the beginning.

Great question and one I've tried to answer for some time. I don't recall any one thing as a child, but when I think back on my childhood there was definitely an attraction to women's things.

Wore panties when I could through my teen years and adulthood. Finally accepted that this is who I am 2 1/2 years ago, told my wife (she accepted this side of me) and since then I've been on a journey of self discovery.

I've learned that I have a very strong feminine side of my personality. Definitely more than just a guy who likes wearing women's clothes, but no plans to present as a woman full time or transition.

hello,
    well, when I was young and learning to read I had books about Robin Hood and the Kings & Queens of England... all those heroic men worn colourful tights and I had to wear boring shorts and grey knee socks... so I tried on my sister's tights!
    luv J

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Initially it was high heels.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I am pretty sure it was pantyhose!

Even in the first grade, I remember the girls in my class wearing Mary Janes and cute dresses. I so wanted to wear them. I think we were born that way, because at least for me I cannot remember a trigger to start these feeling of crossdressing. As I respond now, I am totally feminine in appearance.
    Love, Sabrina

Casual thoughts over the years and a strong liking for lingerie then after 2 failed marriages it all reared up and I realised that this is where I need to be amongst my like minded friends. That is what prompted me to dress as to the why I think it is because deep down we all have a feminine side resting there but for us it is no longer resting but being the lovely here and now that we enjoy.

I've been very femme all my life...used to get teased a lot about it too...Wearing women's/girls' clothes and the need to feel/be pretty always came natural to me...

A farm girl who rode my school bus, for six years, with great legs, and wore nice dresses, and Sears and Penneys catologs.

Curiosity. I don't remember if it was a dare or I just grabbed a bra from the laundry and tired it on. The bottom line is I enjoyed doing so and have cross dressed ever since.