Thread: A good place to hide your stash?

A good place to hide your stash?

I'm 18 currently living with my parents. They do not know and would not approve of my secret dressing. Right now I currently have a few pairs of underwear, socks and bras. I currently keep them under my mattress inside of plastic bags, but that is a really inconvenient place for me to keep them for accessibility. My parents go through my closet sometimes which hinders me from putting them in there. I'm having trouble thinking of a place that would be more efficient. Any tips?

thanks!

Not the trunk of your car but out is proving to be liberating...

You could leave them on the floor and say, "Some chick left them last night." Or remove the bottom drawer from your dresser, put them under there then put the drawer back.

Maybe you need to talk with your parents and request that they respect your privacy and trust that you are a good person. Then hide a sign somewhere in your closet saying "Aha! I caught you!". Then when you discover that someone had disturbed your stuff, have that second conversation and see if they will then provide you with that trust and respect as a legal adult that you deserve, assuming that you deserve it. I am also assuming that you do not have the funds to move out and really do depend on them for your daily living needs, insurance and schooling and other things. If they refuse to leave your things alone, then you have to make a bigger decision.

As for hiding places, do a search here for words on that topic (hiding places) and you should find a lot of great ideas for hiding things, some of which may work for you. Good luck.

Platinum Member
    Hi Scarlett , Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home!

Can you afford a small public storage unit ??......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Have any abandoned luggage in your attic? But consider this- what you are hiding just might be read by your parents as hiding drugs. If they find your stash, you might be in for a long, complicated explanation to them on the why.

Just a few ideas:
    Inside a stuffed animal.
    Under a false bottom of a dresser drawer.
    Inside a large stereo speaker.

When I was 16 I hid my stash in my speaker cabinets
    I also hid it in a console TV
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

You are an adult and asking this? If you can't move on with your own life and own place then maybe you should put the stash in the garbage and wait until you can be on your own or tell your parents the truth. The simple truth is as long as you live under their roof common sense and respect call for being honest. Can you imagine how it will affect them if they are blindsided with a secret of this magnitude. I was dressing long before your age but knew I wasn't going to bring it home with me. But you are the only one that knows how invested you are in CDing. Is it worth the trouble at this point in your life?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Dreaming is half the fun.
    Hi, as a tip, I would say that to be a CD it's very hard, for in the last few years it's become more accepted and main stream , ( what ever that means) to be gay, but CDs it's more difficult to explain, or understand, the best thing it's to move out and have that privacy ( witch comes at a very high cost) that you need, your family will find it sooner or later if you what to keep it secret that the best option, good luck

I currently have all my stuff in my dresser with a few male clothes on top of the them.
    Though my bras and underwear are in the bottom drawer of my nightstand, they know I only store "old stuff" in there, so it's pretty safe. Another way I did it before hand was in a box in my closet labeled "Computer parts"
    Just some tips.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

not in your kit bag - I was 20 when my mum found them on washing day, they were returned washed, ironed & folded.
    BTW, us parents seach everywhere - I've found all sorts of stuff, but really happy - no drugs
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Just thinking to myself you would be the best qualified to figure it out, since you live there.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Well Id say a lesson in creativity is in need Scarlett, as Kate said your the best qualified, , and as Rachel said, parents can look anywhere, so just a thought, I can tell you if you keep your room clean its less incentive for a parent to clean, not saying they wont anyway, so ya I got caught.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

There ar many voids in and around the house that youshould be able to find.

One for me was an old wash stand years ago.

Then I decided a padlocked box in my room.

Not such a good idea, like a red rag to a bull. :-)

Oh! welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 05-25-2016 at 06:07 AM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I remember Karren Hutton telling us once how creative she was with this if you'd be inclined to search the archives here.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Judy-Something I did something similar! I had a guitar amplifier that was really old and it had a big space in the back of it so I hid my stuff in there. I just had to go through the hassle of moving it whenever I wanted to play.

ScarlettEbby I suggest you get your stuff out from under your mattress ASAP. that is one of the most obvious hiding places in the world.

Some people are saying that you should just come out. That would be a bad move but I'm pretty sure you won't do that.

Mothers in particular look around the place, they just can't help themselves so be careful. You obviously have a better understanding of the situation in that regard, and you'll have a better idea of where things can or can't be hidden. Your number one priority is to keep what you have hidden, number two is accessibility. It's actually incredibly difficult and high risk to attempt to hide things like that. You need an object to put them in ideally, something that won't be moved or looked through too.

What you could do is spread what you have, socks for example can be hidden within socks and just left where socks are left. Bras and underwear are different, because they are not items of clothing like socks or a skirt or something is so those things are more easily explained away especially because you're 18. If they only find say one bra for example you're fine in my opinion. Hide underwear in folded pants. Bras are most difficult but the least dangerous, unless you have more than say two of them. You should surely have a spot for them, you'll know that spot, just don't keep everything together looking hidden, if it is found you're either done, or you won't know because no one will say a thing.

Mom's do wash, then dry and fold everything and then ... put it back into the various drawers and on hangers as needed. So be careful about trying to mix your stuff in. A bright pair of girl sox in a male's sock drawer will stand out like a sore thumb. Mom's also occasionally straighten out drawers and closets because they hate to just put neatly folded clothes into messy drawers. Mom's also catch their kids doing things that they should not be doing by noticing when something is not right, a new box in the bottom or top of the closet, a sudden neatness in one drawer or part of the closet. If something is different there is a good chance mom or dad will notice it. I know, because now my unattended parental radar picks up those little clues. So, maintain the status quo, and if adding a new/old box to your closet, actually put garbage in it until enough time has passed where you can stuff the bottom of the box with secret stuff and put the old garbage back on top.

Quote Originally Posted by franlee View Post
    The simple truth is as long as you live under their roof common sense and respect call for being honest. Can you imagine how it will affect them if they are blindsided with a secret of this magnitude. I was dressing long before your age but knew I wasn't going to bring it home with me.
    this seems a bit unreasonable to me - if you are 18 and haven't left the nest yet, sometimes you gotta do what you have to do - honestly at that age no force on earth would have kept me from dressing when the time came, would it be better to steal clothing then instead of keeping a stash? or worse, come clean out of some misplaced sense of guilt only to be thrown out?

to the OP, finding a good place to stash seems like a good short term solution... but I think moving on from the parents house could be a good move for you.

well I'm in your situation although I'm 26 (I'm at home as I'm out of work) but in answer to your question I go fishing and have a seat box in my room where my stuf goes, so I'd say just get a box that the parents would have no knead or businesses going in.

when I was a teenager I put a nail inside the return air vent of my home and put my stash in a pillow case. It hung where it was out of site even when my dad replaced the filters. don't put it in a light plastic trash bag because that could make a noise when the air is running and he goes to replace the filter. also make sure it doesn't block too much of the air duct that could mess up the air conditioning.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I found keeping my room neat as a pin kept my Mom out of places I didn't want her snooping around in.
    I made false bottoms in a few drawers to hide my dope in. She never disturbed it or at least left any sign of it.
    She was always so proud how neat and clean I kept my room and bathroom.
    I moved out at age 17 and that was the best thing I ever did.

I'm reminded of my time before I told my wife - this was back in the days of waterbeds. I had a nice cotton skirt that I really liked. I thought it would be a good idea to hide it under the waterbed mattress - I could lift up one corner of the mattress and stuff it under and it was gone; my wife could not lift the corner so it was perfectly safe. Or so I thought - it ended up being between the mattress and the heater. Over time the heat from the heater actually charred the skirt, the mattress, the liner, and the wood platform! I was surprised, and happy, that it didn't catch on fire! I convinced my wife that the heater malfunctioned and overheated.
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon