Quote Originally Posted by Magnetar GG View Post
Personally I don't think having a name for your femme side makes it any more or less likely that you would seek to transition later on. Heck, I could create different personalities for myself depending on what I'm doing, name my goddess-in-the-kitchen Julia, my artiste Frida, and then when I'm wearing my jeans and a tshirt and helping my husband on a home-improvement project Bob.
A good friend showed me a picture on his phone and asked me if I knew who it was. It seemed familiar. Finally, I guessed, "Your sister?" He laughed. He said no, that's me. He was wearing a short brown wig, which I guess was supposed to look masculine. He said, "That's Chet Lester. When me and my wife are on vacation I sometimes become Chet Lester when we go to restaurants". I asked him who Chet Lester is. He said Chet Lester is a talk show host. The name of his show is "Other People's Business". At the restaurant they talk about other peoples business. People in the restaurant. People they know. Anyone. He said he started it because he was mocking her about being into other people's business. Now they just have fun with it. I came thissssss close to showing him my phone and asking, Do you know who this is? I decided to defer, because I was drinking (on Bourbon Street) and remembered I make stupid decisions when I drink.