Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do your neighbours know?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I'm sure they've seen me, but I don't know them very well, so I don't know if any of them have put two and two together. Maybe they think I'm two separate people.

I actually saw one of my neighbors walking to his car earlier today, as I was getting some things out of mine. (I was full-Amy, in sundress and sandals.) I didn't know whether he'd seen me or not, so I waved. He waved back.

At least once, one of my other neighbors asked me to help jump start his car. (He spotted me locking my front door, and asked, "Excuse me, ma'am, do you have jumper cables?") He didn't act like I was anything other than a woman.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Silver Member
    I've lived all over this great land (country) and I think all my neighbors have known. Even in redneck country I've not had a problem. Met my neighbor wearing a dress the first day. In the early years I passed. Where I live now I'm sure they know. Had interaction with several while wearing obvious women's clothes. Gone shopping with a couple of the women. I don't try and pass, but do wear mostly women's clothes and bras. Neighbor guys have seen me in women's t-shirt with bra. Gone fishing with a couple wearing fem clothes. With "C" girls in a bra it is hard to miss. i'm also the guy that people call if they need help with something. That may be the answer, saving someone a few hundred dollars goes a long way. Have noticed a couple of the neighbors talking to my chest. More than one has looked down my blouse. I think they liked the lace bra I had on. I've played pool with a couple of them while wearing a silk blouse that when I bent over let the girls be seen. Maybe that was why they missed so much. I answer the door as is. As for the women, Wearing a silk robe getting the paper with the wind blowing while talking to them pretty much assures they recognized that I have on a nightgown. Wonder if the lace bodice showing through gave it away? Anyway I don't worry about it. On the other hand I don't have to worry about people spreading the news or at work as some might.

I really don't know - my dressing is private not a secret.
    luv J

I'm certain they've seen me from time to time since we go out regularly.
    No one has said anything and if it bothers them then it's their issue, not mine.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Oh yeah, the neighbors have seen Lauri for sure.........

But like others have said, no one has commented one way or the other......I am sure they have seen me enough times now that it doesn't even faze them
    Last edited by Lauri K; 05-31-2016 at 02:06 PM.
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Omy i forgot to remove my hoop ear rings and lipstick and the lady next door engaged me in a conversation, when i went out to dunp the trash during the conversation she mentioned she liked my ear rings. I was a bit embarrassed and i could feel my face turn red, she grabed my arm and said "your blushing but it dose match your lip stick" she smiled gave me a hug and said her good bys .she was soo sweet.

Nope ...noone but my wife knows(and my therapist) ...I don't want them to know
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Hi Tatiana. My current neighbours don't know, but neighbours in the past have. I don't own a house, so I live in apartments. The last time my neighbours knew was when one knocked on the door. I opened it fully dressed. He didn't say anything about it, but told all the other neighbours, who were then asking me about it. Wasn't a big deal to me, because I'm not in anyway hiding, but probably was rather rude of him, wouldn't you say?

Edit: nobody said anything negative about it BTW. I think they were just curious.

The time before that, I went to check on another neighbour who hadn't been home for a few days, while I was dressed. She simply asked "Who are you?" So I told her. She moved out shortly after. Related? I honestly don't know. Could have just been a coincidence. :-)
    Last edited by Tabitha_Sinn; 05-31-2016 at 10:08 PM.

As far as I know my neighbors don't know and/or haven't seen me dressed. If I do go out, I get into my car as gracefully as possible so as NOT to draw attention to myself.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    I'm out in the backyard a lot in various degrees of Lee. Most of the yard is private but there is a few places one of them could catch a glimpse. If they have, no one has said anything and I'm getting to a point where I don't give a damn.

Let me start by saying that I am lucky enough to be able to pass pretty well. Even when someone stops to talk to me, I can present a believable impression that I am a genetic girl, as long as I am careful with my voice to stay in my 'female mode' when speaking. All my neighbors have had occasions to see me coming and going en-femme, in full daylight, since we moved here a few months ago.

I've had one male neighbor talk to me while I was en-femme, as I was returning from an afternoon shopping trip and he was walking back to the house next door to mine from getting his mail. We were about ten feet apart, with me in the driveway and him on the sidewalk. He smiled at me as he saw me heading to my door, and said something like, "Hi! I'm your neighbor." I smiled back, and said something like, "Oh! Hi! Nice to meet you," and then ducked inside, because, quite honestly, I really needed to use the bathroom. I don't yet know if he realized it was the guy who owned the house that he was talking to, or if he assumed that he was talking to my college aged daughter. I don't see him very often, so I haven't gotten any follow-up to his impression of that encounter.

My back fence neighbor lady has talked to me in male mode a lot about a planned replacement of the fence between our properties, which we are going to split the cost on. She came to my front door a while back when my daughter and I were just about to go out to dinner together, with me fully en-femme. She wanted to talk more about the fence project. Well, my daughter was still getting a shower and getting dressed, and I just invited the lady inside, using my male voice since she didn't seem to notice or care about my dress or long hair or female figure and makeup. As we talked, I shifted my voice slowly back to feminine. I needed to step out into the back yard for a moment to measure the height of the fence, and my daughter came into the room just as I left. Apparently, and soon as I left, the lady looked at my daughter, then back at me in the yard, and asked her, "Wait... is that Jay?" Apparently she had assumed she was talking to my daughter when she was greeted by a woman at the door, since she didn't know my daughter well yet, but knew I lived here alone except for my daughter! My daughter confirmed that yes, that was her dad, and when I came back in, the neighbor lady continued our talk about the fence as if nothing odd was going on. I guess she just took it in stride and didn't mind that I dressed, and she hasn't mentioned it since then.

Just last weekend I came back to the house dressed in a female Renaissance style outfit, as I had been at a historical reenactment group's weekend event. I had needed to get the mail and some parcels from our on-street mail box into the house, and needed to get some stuff from the house for the remainder of the camping trip. There were four boys playing basketball in front of my home, at a hoop they have set up across the street and right next to the mail boxes. Three were college aged, and one was late elementary school or early high school aged. I just went into the house, got a large shopping bag to carry the mail and parcels in, and walked around their game to get my mail, without really interacting with them. Yet I was only a few feet to one side of their game as I went to the mailbox, and facing them as I got my things out of the mail box. As I got my mail, they ended their game and went down the block to see another neighbor's new litter of puppies. I finished getting what I needed, and drove back past them as I left. No one made any comments or gave me any odd looks. Again, maybe they thought I was my daughter?

So, have they seen me? Yes, a lot. Do they 'know' I am transgender? Probably, but it still may be sinking in. So far, no bad reactions at all.

All my neighbors have seen me dressed. I spend a lot of time outside, almost always fully en femme.

I'm assuming they do as when I leave my house en femme when it's still daylight, I usually wave and they wave back.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My current neighbors do not know although one set (4 Lesbian girls) prob wouldnt care while the other side is a elderly gentleman and his wife that prob would defin care.
    I keep things rather quiet but when I lived in the city, I would go down for the mail dressed in a nightgown with wig and forms of course.....
    It was a large apartment building so im sure one of the older neighbors noticed me at some point.

Aspiring Member
    They have seen me dresses as a woman but haven't made any comments. The worst thing I heard was one time was a door slamming shut.