Thread: Caught en-femme by a neighbor

Caught en-femme by a neighbor

I decided when I moved to my new home city that I was going to be 'out' with my neighbors from day one. In that, I mean that if I want to go out en-femme, I am going to do so, regardless of who might see me or what time of day it is, and I am not going to try to hide or deny my femme side. At the same time, I'm not going door to door en-femme and introducing the neighbors to my girl side, nor am I bringing the topic up unnecessarily when they talk to me in male mode. I'll deal with each situation as it comes up, and answer any questions a neighbor may have, if they see and comment on anything they find unusual about me.

In male mode, I've met and chatted with the neighbors on either side of my new home, and the lady who lives straight across the street. Also, the neighbor who lives on the other side of the block behind my home, sharing my back fence, welcomed me with a bottle of champaign, and an offer to split the cost of replacing the aging fence that divides our properties with a newer, higher and more private one. I've since then talked with Cindy and her husband several times over the back fence, as we shaped up the plans for replacing that fence. Cindy knows I live here with my 20 year old daughter, but she hadn't met my daughter yet.

In all of those chats with my new neighbors, the neighbors couldn't help but see that I have pierced ears and painted nails, and shaved arms, but none commended on those girly features.

To date, I had only been spoken to by a neighbor once while I was en-femme - and that was a very brief chat with the guy next door, when I really needed to get inside and pee. He said, "Hi" as he was walking past my home from getting his mail, he commented that he was my neighbor, and I just said "Hi, nice to meet you" in reply and continued inside. He may not have even noticed my actual gender - he didn't act like he had seen me as anything but a woman.

Well, yesterday was the fifth day in a row that I had been out and about in daylight hours en-femme, and that whole time, not one of my neighbors encountered me at a close enough range to be recognizable at all. I had returned from getting my nails done, and was waiting for my daughter to finish her shower before the both of us were going out to dinner. I was waiting in the living room in full femme, ladies' high heeled boots, ladies' jeans with embroidered decorations, a nice blue 3/4 sleeve blouse, full daytime makeup with matte plum lipstick, and my long blond wig, breast forms and hip pads, and my purse sitting beside me on a table. In short, I was definitely feminine looking, but dressed to blend well for my planned outing to a mid-range restaurant.

The doorbell rang, and through the stained glass panel in the door I could see it was my back-fence neighbor, Cindy, on the porch. 'Well, she's going to meet Ceera now, I guess', I thought to myself, as I went to the door.

I answered the door while speaking in my female voice, and invited her to come inside. Cindy didn't look me over very closely, but thanked me for my time and immediately launched into discussing the plans for the fence. Since she wasn't commenting on my appearance, and was talking to me as if she realized who I was and didn't care about my looking like a lady, I gradually lowered my voice back to male range and we discussed the fence. While we were debating the merits of one fence style over another, and just as I decided to step out into the back yard and actually measure the current fence so Cindy and i could be certain of the current height of the fence, my daughter, dressed now for dinner in casual clothes, came into the room.

I heard them talking to each other as I left - my daughter mentioning that she was recovering from spraining her ankle. Then I closed the door, got the measurement, and returned.

When I got back, Cindy and I finished discussing the fence and deciding which style we would have installed, and she still hadn't reacted to my wearing female clothes and makeup, long hair, and having 40D tits. I almost thanked her for not reacting badly to my female appearance, but decided not to comment on it yet, as she hadn't commented on it to me yet. Why wave a red flag when the matter possibly might not have been noticed? Cindy departed, apparently satisfied with our fence plans and showing no concern about how I looked.

After Cindy left, I laughed and commented to my daughter, "Well, I guess that was a case of 'they see what they are expecting' - she didn't seem to notice I'm a girl today!"

My daughter replied, "Oh, she noticed, all right! Just after you stepped outside, she said to me, 'Wait a minute. That's Jay?', and I replied, 'Yep! That's my dad!' Then you came back in."

Apparently, when she first came in, Cindy had assumed she was talking to my daughter! But after learning it was me, she just rolled with it and decided not to comment to me about my appearance. Probably she didn't want to risk offending me, as she needs my cooperation in replacing that fence. Or maybe she just shrugged it off and doesn't care how I choose to comport myself, as long as I continue to be a good neighbor.

My daughter and I are wondering now at the afterthoughts our neighbor Cindy must be having. Except for our first meeting, she'd only talked to me over the back fence, so she might be asking herself, "How could I have missed that Jay is a girl?". Yet my daughter clearly called me "dad", and I'm certain I had told Cindy in an earlier conversation about us losing my wife to heart failure a few years earlier. So she knows me as a male.

I'm guessing that the next time I see Cindy, there will be questions to answer. But I also think she will be fine with me, given her lack of reaction yesterday.

===

Dinner was also a bit interesting. My daughter and I have been to the same local restaurant two or three times before with me en-femme when we first got to this town, but since then, mostly I go there with my daughter while I am in male mode, and most of the staff know us as a father and daughter who are frequent customers. We have been going there almost every week for a couple of months now, and they know us well enough to guess accurately what we probably want to order.

So appearing there again as a girl, in the company of my daughter, it was somewhat interesting to observe their reactions. Or lack of reactions. The waitress we were assigned was not the one who has served us most often. She knew my daughter would want coffee, but asked me what my choice would be. She was very attentive as we enjoyed our meal and ordered desert.

At the end of the meal, the waitress brought the check and said, "Here you go. Have a nice evening, ladies." So apparently she accepted me as fully female, and may have assumed I was my daughter's mom or aunt - some female relative who also takes her out to eat when dad isn't around.
    Last edited by Ceera; 04-28-2016 at 01:22 PM.

What a wonderful story. My guess as to what will happen next is that unless you bring the subject up, there will be no "questions to answer." It sounds like your neighbor is an understanding, respectful and pragmatic person, who considers your gender presentation your business, not hers. If you do start to get to know her better and you bring the subject up, yeah, she'll probably have some questions, and my prediction is that you'll have an interesting time together. Enjoy your new neighborhood ... it sounds like a great place to be.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Really nice story Ceera, I mean I think it shows most people understand that we are all different and while it might be a bit more so then they themselves are that mostly people understand and just move on.
    I think what many people do is hey their just people like us and if they want to dress and be that way so what because their good people.
    Thanks for sharing
    Leigh

Great story, Ceera. I love the fact that your neighbour didn't have clue that the lady next door was also the man next door. Do update us with what happens next. Looking forward to it already!

Quote Originally Posted by sarah7391 View Post
    Do update us with what happens next. Looking forward to it already!
    Yes, we know there has to be another chapter to this story. Please keep us posted.

The best part is that when she met you, she thought you were your 20-year-old daughter.

Platinum Member
    Hi Ceera , Can't wait for chapter #2 of the (Cindy) story......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

What a great story! I really enjoy reading about your journey. I admire you for living your life as you choose, and I envy the relationship you have with your daughter. I've not came out to my daughter, and would love to think that she would be supportive like yours. You're very fortunate.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Things went pretty well so now just wait and see what happens.

Silver Member
    Nice story. It sounds like you have a great bunch of neighbors. To me, their lack of comments suggests that your presentation is 'No Big Deal ' to them, or they are trying to make it appear that way. And it has a lot to do with the way you interacted with them while dressed. When you acted as though this was normal, everyday you, they followed your lead and responded in kind. Had you given them a big, flamboyant presentation, they would have found it more off-putting.

, what a positive story. I'm glad your neighbor rolled with the situation.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member
    Lucky you. Some of us get to live around great live and let live people. I've enjoyed it for many years. I suppose there are some that don't understand, but never had any problems.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice to read a pleasant story from someone who passes, Ceera. i never have to guess what those that see me r thinking.

I can tell from their wide eyed expressions, guffaws, or OMG! exclamations--------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thanks everyone. I have pretty much decided that the next time Cindy and I talk, I will discuss it with her. She is married, and so she will never be more than a friendly neighbor. But I do expect that in the long term, her family and mine will remain friends. At least the 'friendly chat over the fence' kind of friends.

Tonight I went out again, for the sixth day in a row. Took my daughter to Olive Garden for dinner. It was a lovely evening! I wore a blue blouse with rolled half sleeves, a knee-length denim skirt, dark blue opaque tights, and black high heeled boots. Had my daughter take a pic after we got home, but I need to edit and scale it before I can post it here. As has become the norm for me, everyone treated me like a normal GG customer. I think the key aspects to my passing so well are that I can attain a look that is reasonably within real-life GG appearance ranges, and I have the confident attitude that I am 'just a lady out and about, doing as she chooses.' I may never be a beauty queen, but I look like a real girl often does look, and better than many less fortunately gifted GG's.

Great post Ceera, thank you. And, you have a lot of guts which I admire you for. My question is, will you be en femme building your new fence with your neighbor? ;-)

Also, I think it's very cool for your daughter to accept you as Ceera. So far, my tween daughter has seen me do a lot of feminine things, but CDers ARE NOT acceptable to her (yet).

Thanks for sharing your recent experiences - great daughter and likely good neighbor

This is a lovely story, Ceera. I do however think the title "caught" is a little off the mark - i'd say "accepted" would be a better word! The really good news/interpretation I put on this is that, if there had been a problem, she would never have been so open and friendly in her exchange with your daughter; probably would have said nothing. So i suspect you're more an interesting surprise - and the bush telegraph may have then gone into full overload - don't be surprised if everyone now knows!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!

You might be an aspiring member, but that was an inspiring post.

I think you are handling the new situation well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Here is the outfit I wore last night, when I took my daughter to dinner at Olive garden.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a nice story, it give me a nice feeling inside. Thanks for sharing.

Follow up, one month later...

Today I talked to Cindy again, over the back fence, and about replacing that fence. That fence replacement project is starting in the next few weeks, finally.

As the conversation about the fence wound to a close, I paused, and then thanked her for not acting adversely when she saw how I was dressed last month, when she came to my home.

She smiled, and said she was okay with it. At first, she hadn't been sure who she was talking to - if it was my daughter, or someone new to her that lived here. Once she realized it was me dressed and fully made up as a girl, she admitted she had been a bit shocked, but she had decided to focus on what she came for, and not make an issue of it. When she got home, she thought about it for a while, and then started looking up stuff on the Internet about transvestites and transgender and transsexuals, to try to better understand where I might be coming from. I thanked her quite sincerely for being so nice about it, and for wanting to understand. I spent the next half hour or so discussing it with her. She is cool with me being Ceera, and I think she understands me a lot better now.

Today I also met several other neighbors, in male mode but while I was wearing small gold hoop earrings and girly sandals and with my maroon-painted fingernails and toenails quite visible. A neighbors daughter, who I would guess is about eight or ten, looked intently at my nails while I talked with her mother and played with another neighbor's new puppies. Then the little girl asked me about them. She liked how they looked, and so did her mom. I thanked them and told them where I got them done. I also said that I started getting them done in January, and that since I was doing that I may as well make them look pretty. No adverse reactions at all to that girly thing about me.