Thread: Not feeling like dressing lately.

Not feeling like dressing lately.

I don't know what the problem is. Actually, it probably isn't a problem. One thing I don't understand about myself is why I very much want to dress at times, and other times I have no interest.

This use to lead to a full purge for me. When I stopped feeling like dressing. But after 24 years, I have learned that it's only temporary and the feeling *always* returns eventually. So at least I don't purge anymore.

Any of you go through this?

Hi Hon,
    Actually, I have never gone thru it, because I always want to be dressed and feel like I never have enough dressing time.
    I want to transition to 24/7 soon.
    But, I am sure some people have gone thru it a lot.
    Be careful on purging unless you are prepared to spend a lot of $$$ to replace your items.
    Good luck!

I'm going through this at the moment. The weird thing is I don't miss dressing up, but I miss wanting to dress up. I think it's hormonal.

Yes, often. Life situations, complications, work, troubles, family of origin stuff. Going through it now, too, have been to tired, hot, concerned about other issues. No dressing for a while, but did buy a dress, and top and broach, on Ebay.

Aspiring Member
    Most of us have been thought this. One minute all you want to do is dress, next nota. Just do not purge! It will return. For me it will hit like a tidal wave and that is all I will think about for two to four weeks. Then is tends to settle down.
    Good luck
    Sara

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sure it happens nothing to worry about.
    It just means you don't want to dress that day and nothing more.
    I would say 99% of the CDers here have gone thru it.
    I'm a tweener so I have womens clothes on everyday I might be in girl mode one day guy mode another day but always have womens clothes of some sort on.

I am gender fluid and I think it sometimes is the bio rhythm of the body. But I do know that after a physical activity like scuba diving, that I would switch. But I still think that the body has cycles and we know and feel that it is coming.
    Part Time Girl

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm a CD and when I dress, it's all or nothing. Some days I think I want to dress but just don't have it in me to get everything out, put on and take off things until I'm happy with with my look, then put everything away again.

Also, after I return from a week long intense T dressing event, the LAST THING I want to do is dress!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I lost all interest last August which lasted all the way into December. I even thought I was over it and contemplated purging the stash (wisely, I didn't.) I wondered how I could be such an idiot to contemplate telling my wife and was so glad I never plucked up the courage to do so. I very rarely viewed the forum and if I did, I didn't feel I had much in common with anyone. I got so much done around the house and garden and caught up on my favourite TV shows.

Then, quite suddenly, I found myself fantasising about dressing up, looking longingly at on-line clothes shops and planning my next session. I've no idea what triggered it but the desire came back stronger than before. I've since had a make up lesson and told my wife and fortunately she accepts this part of me.

The urge to dress comes & goes for me. Today it's not so strong. Like another poster to this string alluded to, work, life and family stress make it tough to "feel it" while dressing. Being CD is tough, maybe a day off is good. I don't know. I'm sure to urge will come roaring back. Probably at a bad time.🌺

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I often want to dress most when I'm not able to, and then lose the urge when I have time due to fatigue or other distractions. I'm always happy when I force myself to dress because I know my opportunities are sporadic.

I agree with Sherry, after a lengthy time of dressing, I don't feel the need for a while. It's been over a month for me, but I still enjoy watching the GGs in their summer dresses and skirts on my daily walk in the city. I do think about wearing the same thing, but I know don't have the time to dress. When I have the chance, then we'll see what happens.

Aspiring Member
    DO NOT PURGE!

I too go through this. My gender is fluid and on a variable spectrum. It varies from about 70/30 male/female to 70/30 female/male. I have a semi-purging method when things swing over to more than 50% of the male side. I put everything away in a suitcase, and then store the suitcase in the attic. My attic is hard to get at and the hiding place up there even harder still, so when I want to dress again, I really have to want to in order to get the suitcase down. Sometimes I keep a few emergency items in the bottom of a drawer if I think I might need them; a few basics like panties, tights, a seasonal dress, lipstick, bra. At other times I've left everything in the attic for a couple of months. It happened recently.

I think. At least for me the desire or need to dress is regulated a lot by Stress!!!! My wife has told me on many occasions. You really need to chill out and go get your girl on...LOL... then come back to see me!!! I don`t recommend purging . I did that twice and it cost my ass!!!!! Never doing that again!!!! The urge will hit you like a ton of bricks when you least expect it.!!!! Hang on for the ride. It`s wonderful.....
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

I also go through the up and down times. It is like a cycle that happens, and I think many CD's go through it. Even on the "down "side of the cycle I still keep up here and other places to keep my Fem side at least on "stand by" until I can actively enjoy dressing.

In my situation I typically get the same time slot every week and I know if I'm not feeling "it" and pass up the opportunity to dress then I have to wait another week.

I sometime wonder, if I could dress whenever I wanted? would I dress more or less.

It must be more enjoyable to "dress up" when you really want to, rather than to "dress up " because it's the only time you get a chance to.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Thank you all for your responses. Nice to know I'm not alone. :-)

I bet if I went and did some shopping at one my favorite online high heel stores, it would get me interested again. I can't resist a sexy pair of high heels :-)

I go through periods where I have no interest in dressing up. The hassle is such a pain. Shaving takes a lot of time, then getting dressed, doing my make-up, nails, etc, only to turn around a few hours later and take everything off. It's almost no worth it sometimes. But then the itch comes again, and I have to find time to dress, and all the hassles aren't a big deal. It's a roller coaster ride sometimes, but I know I'll never get off.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by StefaniLara View Post
    It's a roller coaster ride sometimes, but I know I'll never get off.
    So true. It takes time to learn that. Some who are first starting to dress and then loose interest think it's all over, only to find out that the desire returns. This is definitely part of who we are. It isn't going to change.

BTW, nice to meet you SL :-)

Sometimes I have "dry spells" with dressing. No big deal really to me anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes sometimes and I have had it last for months, I just dont feel like dressing, so I dont or havent in the past, when I accepted myself I dress at least once a day, I usually sleep in a chemise but lately I switched to pajamas. I mainly like the comfort factor. I will add with the daily activity the charge I get has dissapated greatly. I dress because I like the clothing choices or the style now. I also dress to relax and Ive known that for a long time or to take my mind off of something. Ive never really purged anything. I just put it away.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Yes, often. Life situations, complications, work, troubles, family of origin stuff. Going through it now, too, have been to tired, hot, concerned about other issues. No dressing for a while, but did buy a dress, and top and broach, on Ebay.
    Sort of going through that right now except without the family issues. Sometimes I feel that things aren't going well because it's sinful or unlucky to CD and somehow I'm being punished by the higher power.
    I know. Stop being stupid and put on a bra, Carla!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member
    Hi Tabatha , There are two kind of crossdressers, Those that are full time and then the rest of us......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Carla, i can relate about the guilt thing, that you feel , or were taught it is sinful, and being punished for doing it. Sometimes, i feel that way yet. My second time going driving dressed, i got stopped by a cop. I fad feelings of bringing it on myself. And, i struggled with guilt all my life about a lot of things. I do not dress every day. Maybe two to four sessions a week, or it can take over everything.

I wax and wane on this subject.
    It takes a lot of effort to get all dolled up. With work and home life obligations, sometimes it's just not worth the effort. Like a hobby I have to put it on the back burner knowing that the time will come when I can relax and get all dressed up. It's no fun if you rush through it.