Thread: Full-time RVing

Full-time RVing

Have any of you lived full time in an RV? How was that as far as crossdressing goes? I think it might be fun, except closet space, full length mirrors, bathroom counter space, terrain and heels... etc. I'm imagining Zsa Zsa Gabor on Green Acres. If you don't like the neighbors you can get different ones, or none, just out in the wild, wherever the weather is nice.
    Every human being is the natural guardian of her own importance.
    The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.

I didn't live full time in my motorhome but my CDing did influence my buying it. It was right after my wife passed away and my house was overrun with family taking care of my needs. So I wanted to escape and have my on private time and space. It worked wonderfully and even after I remarried we enjoyed it. As far as all the amenities you mentioned mine had more than enough of each one you named plus it was convenient. But I feel obligated to warm you, if you aren't going to be using it often then it is not practical. A nice car or truck and a Motel is much cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

As I am an "rver" myself, it can feel closed in once in a while, no matter how big the unit is. A big thing to check into is mail forwarding and if you are crossing international borders it can be a hassle. In the loop get run it is a great way to spend time and see the country.

Persephone is a full-time RVer and is having great fun. So great, in fact, that she doesn't come by the forum much any more! Lack of internet access is another disadvantage of RV life, along with lack of closet space.

Last I heard, she and her spouse were at Crater Lake and were headed for dinner with another forum member.
    Last edited by Eryn; 06-04-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Kendra an ohio crossdress kendracd's Avatar
    Going to be a fulltime Rver in just a couple years,when I retire,of course it wont stop my dressing

Well, I have gone out en-femme while tent camping, over a three day weekend.

It certainly was a challenge to properly shave and apply my makeup in a tent, let alone dressing with breast forms and hip pads. To add further complication, I was at a historical reenactment groups event, so my clothing was a historical women's costume. It was a lot of fun!

Although not full time, I spend about six months a year in the RV. Unfortunately, most of my dressing has been at night sleeping in my bra and forms. I'm hoping in retirement that will change and Stacy can come out and play.

I tried it and lasted about 6 months. Had a lot of my fem stuff in storage. Not enough room for me and wife and Ruby. Needed at least 2 bath rooms and a few closets. Bought a condo and life was GOOD again. Good Luck. RUBY

Taking the plunge. Bought a truck and picking up a fifth wheel Aug 27. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm sure there are some unique aspects of crossdressing while full time RVing. Probably not enough closet space for everything to be out all the time. I need to find a place for a full length mirror. It should be an adventure
    Every human being is the natural guardian of her own importance.
    The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.

I own a small RV and use it to commute to my place of work 200 miles away, it's great, my own mobile dressing room, I regularly use it to get dressed in and then venture out, I even drive the bulk of the 200 miles dressed which is nice, these big RV's would be great but an awful expense.

Platinum Member
    Hi Allison, We have a 35' motorhome and our longest trip was two months
    Most of our trips are two to four weeks and I always take enough clothes and heels
    to have a little dress up time.

I don't see ever going full time RVing......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    For those of us who don't want to parade around in our own neighborhood or town dressed as women, an RV would seem to be an ideal way to get out. Someone mentioned that if you weren't into the RV lifestyle, a car and motel room would be cheaper in the long run.

I have friends who are big time RVers and they love it.

For the last two years my wife and I have spent 5 - 6 months out west in our Airstream trailer.

The first year I brought a few items but the second year I didn't bring any drab underwear, wore mostly columbia shorts...male or female, it didn't matter. VF and Shadowline lingerie and trust me, there is nothing more special than sitting in your RV or sitting outside your RV under the stars wearing a nice pair of Vanity Fair pajamas.

I'm more of an Iowa farm wife type of dresser and not so much a glamour. Most of my wardrobe is shells, chic jeans, plaid shirts, etc. My wife started me wearing elastic waist jeans two years ago when I fell on black ice, broke my wrist, and couldn't work zippers or buttons.

Aspiring Member
    I think it would be an interesting life style if you enjoyed hiking or mountain biking or some such to keep busy and fit. What would you do without something like that to do? I am not sure if I will ever do it, I enjoy my shop and antique equipment a lot too. If I did something like that it would be with a truck with a camper on the back or pulling a trailer. This saves having the expense of a motor home, allows you to off load the trailer if you want to drive around at a destination. And if you only use it 6 mos. year and it sits for 6 mos there could be problems. Machinery is best if it is kept in use. Fut idea o think about isn't though? Sherrii

I lived in my RV for 2 years at an RV park. Didn't effect my dressing. Was a little cramped, but no issues.