Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: question about dressing

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Even though I'm fully capable of dressing quite provocatively, I feel a lady saves that for the bedroom. Classy old broads like myself have an image to protect. Lewdness and other nonapplicable behavior pretty much makes me want to avoid such venues.

yes a gay Pizza place lol! it was very good and a very good wine list. I do believe she was a regular although a bot older than me (I am 50) and it felt very inappropriate. For me , it kind of embarraases me in front of the wife a bit , as I came out a few years ago, and she allows me out a few times a month. It just makes "us" look bad.

I think most of the place was used to her , but I certainly wasn't....Thanks for the replies ladies , I was afraid I might get some negative responses ...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    Sadly when someone like this is seen by the general public it just reinforces the 'freak' stereotype most have for us.

Silver Member
    They were only wearing a g-string and a shawl (?)

That isn't dressing inappropriately, that isn't being dressed at all.

Oddly enough, there was a guy in the media a while back who would fly in nothing but women's lingerie... I wish I was kidding about that.

I really think we should dress up according to the age and try the best possible.
    A month ago I went to a meet up group, everyone were nice dressed up but one person, she/he had a little dress that was way way too short , and for her age , it look ridiculous, and I was thinking, instead of presenting her self of same thing nice it look so bad, that the rest of attendance felt embarrassing.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Weird.
    I say dress for the place and occasion.
    Your concern, in my opinion, is very understandable.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Very inappropriate for anyone, crossdresser or not,but especially for a crossdresser. Makes all crossdressers look bad! Lana mae

It's one thing to give an accidental panty shot from under a skirt or dress but I think that was totally tasteless and uncalled for - even if it were done by a GG. But if the manager of the restaurant allowed it then what can we say? That person probably knew that he/she could get away with it and has probably done it many times.

And was this in the Cedar Spring area? If so, that is probably not totally uncommon in that part of town and accepted because of the clientele. I've gone to the Block Party several times and never seen anything that raunchy but have seen a few men walking around in bras, panties, garter belts and stockings. And if I had a nice, athletic body I might do it myself with something tasteful and fashionable. So if you go to that part of town just be prepared.

Marcelo

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Andrews View Post
    Sadly when someone like this is seen by the general public it just reinforces the 'freak' stereotype most have for us.
    Exactly. For crossdressers, gay folks, etc. Unfortunately, everyone has the right to be or act stupid, even when it affects others.

I would have expected the manager to ask this person to leave (I was once sent away from a bar for wearing shorts), but if this was a regular patron, it might have been difficult. My suggestion to you is to just not go to places where the other customers offend you (and it would have offended me as well). Maybe call and tell the manager how you felt and why you won't be returning.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Like it or not, we are ambassatrix for the LGBTQ community In The Eyes Of The General Population. If we are OUT enfemme and dressed like a stripper, the GPs may think that CDing is about sex. If we are OUT and dressed classy, then the GPs will see and remember us as such.

Dress any way you wish. But don't be naivete and think that it has no impact on the rest of the people that the majority lump us in to.

I choose to project as classy as I am able to. I am approached by GPs nearly every time I am OUT enfemme. I welcome the interaction as they pepper me with questions like if I am gay, transitioning, 24/7, married, and so on. I may be helping someone I never met.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    How does a place of business seem to be more gay?
    I'm not buying it, that person would get tossed out pronto being dressed like that anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishaTX View Post
    a crossdresser or trans person talked in , just a g string panty and shall on....I was a little embarrassed.
    Wow, and they let them in? Even in restaurants near beaches, there are signs that say no bathing suits and shoes must be worn. Just a g-string and nothing else? How do you know they were trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    Oddly enough, there was a guy in the media a while back who would fly in nothing but women's lingerie... I wish I was kidding about that.
    Ha. I saw this on fb recently. The airline JetBlue asked this woman to change before boarding. And she was wearing short-shorts that covered her bottom like granny underwear:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2731951/wo...etblue-flight/
    Reine

Without knowing the backstory of why she's dressed that way I am holding my judgement. She may have had no choice for some reason. To me it bears similarities to how some people feel toward CD's in public. What do they know about why I do what I do?

That being said, I would definitely be uncomfortable with it and I t's likely she was just an exhibitionist which is inappropriate for sure... Not to mention the questionable hygiene issues!

I think a proper dress sense should be practiced at all times.

Exhibitionists are just weird in my opinion.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    A gay pizza place?
    Gay pizzas are delivered through the back door.

Yeah gay pizza places. They make square pizzas, like little ceases back in the day. Thays why he is wearing a dress. Lol

People see this stuff and then we wonder why society has such a bad image of us.....
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Yes, NVlady, unacceptable regrdless of sex or gender.

Oh c'mon people, stop with the gay pizzas already. Yes, there are neighborhoods in some cities that are frequented by the gay community. We have one in a nearby city, and there are three or four blocks of restaurants, cafés, bars, outreach centers, etc where the patrons are predominately gay or lesbian. This is the area where my SO first started to go out in public many years ago. She felt safer there in the beginning.

So please stop ganging up on Trisha TX.
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-30-2016 at 03:31 AM.
    Reine

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie01 View Post
    Without knowing the backstory of why she's dressed that way I am holding my judgement. She may have had no choice for some reason. ...................
    Are you suggesting that she was originally properly dressed but someone stole the rest of her clothes but she was about to starve to death and needed a pizza to survive?

Of course she had a choice. Don't go out to a restaurant in a G string. Think about these things in advance. If she was someplace where her clothing was appropriate and wanted to go where it wasn't, go home and change clothes.

Banned Spammer

Was it lingerie day are pajama day?

Hundreds of Thousands of people walk around in underwear on lingerie day.
    It was a crazy weekend to see that everywhere.

a famous club called club lingerie .that's what the dresscode is there and its popular.no regular dressed people allowed.

In West Hollywood the gay capital of Los Angeles the social norms are different.mostly Gay guys practicing club hopping happens much on the weekends and the club days Tuesday/Thursday.
    Police won't do anything. The community standards are different there.
    Last edited by reinasblack; 09-01-2016 at 03:02 AM.

I've been to several street festival/fairs in SF where something like that is not uncommon.
    The fact that you didn't know the pizza joint was frequented by gay fokes, maybe it isn't normally, makes think some event was starting later that day and he was an early party goer.
    To say the least, it would be very odd otherwise.
    Just a thought.

no shoes, no shirt, no problem????

Seems we've lost TrishaTX in this thread. I hope it wasn't all the ribbing.
    Reine

I am going with the Majority. Inappropriate attire is always wrong regardless of why or who. I am pretty sure most of us dress to fit in not stand out. Shucks, any of us girls that stand 6 feet tall (bare footed)or higher, already stand out. Let me try to go out into the public when my support people are around, the first thing I have to do is pass a head to toe inspection, including event appropriate make-up.
    I am sure most of you also check yourself to make sure you have everything right.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.