Thread: Another step closer.

Another step closer.

I had my first session of Electrolysis down below ready for surgery.
    She started with a full intro into the procedure and aftercare then a test and see how I got on, to be honest it was nothing like what I expected, zap and a tingle no real issue so she did a full clearance.
    So relieved it was a non event I wasn't even that fussed someone was working down there, it's like I'm focused on the end game and slightly distanced myself emotionally from that area.
    She said people get really emotional and had tissues ready, I guess at this point I'm pretty driven to succeed and welcome anything that helps me progress no matter the pain or embarrassment.
    Also no adverse reaction even the redness went after an hour.
    She predicts clearance ready for a November/December Op basically so she can be certain of no regrowth.

Also just booked Trachea shave for next month in Belgium, because the Trachea is so visible (at least to me where it really bothers me and always has) this is an important step I can't wait and yet I'm a little scared because it's such a big deal to me a lot of emotion is riding on it's success.
    Strange how this is such a big deal compared to some other things.
    I just want be able to pin my hair back without feeling so vulnerable.

Feels good to know I'm getting somewhere.

Silver Member
    Thats great Becky!

I understand the feelings about the Trachea - mine bothered me horribly, I super self conscience about it and was always wearing scarfs. I feel like there is still to much left on mine would like to have it done again at some point.

That's great news--she types after her fifth round of laser this afternoon.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

That is something new to me. Back in the 70s they never suggested Electrolysis down there. Not sure how I would have reacted to that. A nurse just gave a quick shave all over down there. Is it mainly just the scrotum area. Does it have to be all clear or just mostly. I remember the doctors saying the hair will go away on its own which it did. Another advancement in the procedures since then.

It was embarrassing enough to have a nurse shaving, but could be worse with an Electrolysis technician. I guess they have seen everything by now.

I was very unsettled to have anyone see that part of my anatomy.

That seems messed up that the hair would go way on its own. No it is hair on the shaft of the penis also which is terribly important. Since that is lining of the vagina. Maybe your surgeon scraped the hair follicles but I have never heard of hair just going away.
    Suzanne

Gold Member
    I agree with Suzanne. If it could go away, what is keeping it from being gone now? I am sure many of us would love to have it go away instead of having electrolysis.

If you do self prep, here are Dr Bowers' directions.

http://marcibowers.com/mtf/your-surgery/preparation/

Apparently, Brassard doesn't require it at all and by all accounts, he does an excellent job of clearing during the surgical procedure with good anecdotal reports of no interior vaginal hair. I think he cauterizes the follicle but don't hold me to that.

These discussions are one of the reasons I am here. To find out all the new ideas and procedures since the 70s.
    Thanks for the link to Dr Bowers. She is the follow on from Dr Biber, who my partner and some others that I knew in the mid/late 70s.

I can not give exact answers, as 35-40 years from all this dulls recollection. It was not easy to document all back then. Had to write or use a typewriter for all. NO personal computers or Internet. Get back to me in said time, and see what all you recall.

Maybe they did do a hair scrapping, have no way to know now. I was never hairy to begin with. Not much genital hair. Some light leg/arm hair. Almost no chest hair. My partner and I did each others Electrolysis.

Today I have hair only on head/arm pits and genital area. All the rest has just gone away on its own. Never noticed when as I stopped shaving legs MANY years ago.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Way to go Becky... happy to hear the "down there" electro thing is going well (guess it was the serious drugs going into it hahha) This is not a conversation I'm ready to have with my tech nor do I want to pursue so happy that Brassard doesn't require. And to add Tracheal into the mix... you're going for the gusto!!! Way to knock it out of the park Kiddo!!!
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.