Thread: meeting forum members at my meet-up....do you have the key to the deadbolt ?

meeting forum members at my meet-up....do you have the key to the deadbolt ?

so ive shared about my dashboard dressing for my support at pflag and my few meetups and forays into the wild that always seam to have a hitch.

well this past monday i was to meet with a forum member and the wife....so im a little nervous and wanting to make a good impression, i decided to hit up my favorite wig salon (my only wig salon) to try on a few wigs, i had no intention of buying one, well i did it again, fell in love with a wig, new color and it was not a lace front, which she said would be easier for me to care for....i love it but told her i dont have enough cash, took it off and we talked a little, asked if i could get made up there which she obliged me, as i got made up she offered to let me take it if i promised to come back the next day and pay......told her i was too busy...Wednesday was better, she said OK. put on the wig took my stuff out to the car, came back to thank her and get my purse....my reflection in the window had me lovin it, hugged her and off i went, accident on the parkway, smoke billowing, quickly decided to take the exit and maneuver to the next entrance, before i left i was passed by an orange sports car....get back on at the next town over and was proceeded to be passed by that same car

soo i get there with a few minutes to spare this night has another group meeting as well as ours.....i venture to the back area where its private and we meet and talk for about 2 1/2 hours, one other person came and decides to call it a night when we talked about an uncomfortable subject, she momentarily returns and asks if i have a key to the deadbolt, which i do not, i go and check and sure enough the other meeting ended and they assumed we were not there and locked up, i call my contact for the venue.....no answer...... text.....nothing, here i am with a first timer and the mrs. and if we spring the door the alarm will go off......so i google the local PD department and offer them a heads up, we open the door, lock it back up and go out, we mingled for a bit to say goodbyes and my contact showed up, told them what transpired and we all said our goodbyes.....

so glad to have met some forum friends....but boy this being in the wild is not for the faint of heart.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Sounds like you had a great time Mikell. Yeah that was probably exciting to be locked in.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like an exciting night with a twist LOLOL

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have discovered one of the BEST places to hide things is, almost in plain site!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Yikes, sounds like a good time and a night to remember for sure!

Hell-o Mikell,
    I sooo want to party with you someday!

How the HELL do these things seem to happen
    while we're dressed? I mean you planned a nice
    meeting with a forum couple. And things are all
    good, lets go home. Haha! NO! NOT NOW!

What was discussed while you were in lockdown?
    (I get the top bunk?)
    Hilarious fun!
    Gilda Radner would have given you a rash of sh!t,
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bfIVOPWs_4o
    Maybe you do belong in Jersey? (Where else would you go?)
    Just be really effin' careful with the duct tape!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 06-10-2016 at 05:30 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Hi all. As the other forum member with his wife I'll give you my perspective of the night. This was my very first time out with others dressed. I wasn't done up anywhere as nice as Mikell but it was a big step for me which by the way I'm very glad I took. Let me first say that Mikell was wonderful. Our conversation was mostly light and easygoing but at times very insightful. The other attendee was much further along than us (TS) and was convinced I was going to fully transition and had to tell my family and extended family. Mikell and I exchanged a couple of those WTF looks and I think my wife was a little confused but it was still fun. It amazing how time really does fly when you're having fun but our meetup ran a bit long and as you read we were trapped like rats. After all attempts to contact somebody with a key failed a call was placed to the local police dept. As I stood there dressed in women's clothes out for the first time I just looked at my wife with that "can you believe this s**t" look on my face. Everyone else was very matter of fact about it which was very reassuring. We got out without any further drama an proceeded to BS in the parking lot (out in the open) for at least another 15 minutes.
    The night was fantastic and I am so glad I met Mikell. I know my wife feels the same. I can't wait for the next meetup.

hi selene,
    glad you thought i was cool as a cucumber but it was exactly the opposite, for one i was way too embarrassed to have to had put you through that kind of stress, the other thought was thinking of standing in the parking lot with lights flashing explaining this to an officer of the peace while rummaging threw my purse for my id.

i do have to admit it felt good to know you trusted me enough to venture out, the venue is a jewel in the rough and i will try to volunteer there starting in the fall.
    i wont have anything going on there until then, BUT kate, a member here is hosting tonite at georgies in asbury park, a quaint bar which is described as the gay cheers and if it goes well she will have some others scheduled during the summer.

if anyone here would like to join and have a meet-up somewhere just PM me, many stated that the monday night time did not suit them, i could make arraignments for you to host one like i have with kate.

again it was a pleasure to meet selene and sally, an honor to have the trust you showed me.....cant wait for the fall.
    ....Mykell

Silver Member
    Awww, great story and you all had a pretty good experience. Very happy it all turned out in the end.

Mikell, you had me worried for a good part of the story though. I kept thinking that the orange car followed you all the way there, and that you were going to need the key to barricade the door. Yikes! So glad that wasn't the case.

not sure why i even mentioned the car. i guess i always wonder if talking the other route is worth it, this time i think it was, as i hate bumper to bumper traffic, would probably like it even less dresssed while i had to be somewhere......so no barricades....
    ....Mykell

Your story of woe has confirmed that I'm not the only one who has "Murphy's Law" when out En Femme. I was beginning to worry. You were a rock and being cool in such a situation.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

hi allisa,
    i always try to describe the real details when out in the wild, when you have everything planed and it does not go that way i like to share that perspective,
    i have come a long way, Murphy's law and bad luck do plague me....
    ....Mykell