Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: summer duldrums

Aspiring Member

summer duldrums

I have noticed that quite a few of us lack the desire to dress during the warmer weather. I really would like to spend this afternoon all dolled up, but I don't feel like doing the work. I can't wait for fall. I much prefer the cool days & nights.
    Sara

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I know what you mean. I put it down to the additional padding and garments required by a cd to create the desired shape looking back from the mirror. Not too warm here in Cornwall tonight though.
    Last edited by Jane G; 06-14-2016 at 02:28 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The time of year makes no difference to me I just love dressing up.

Thankfully, I have air conditioning!
    Hugs, Carole

I'm not a big fan of the cold but fall and winter do give me more opportunities to dress up!

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    No doldrums for me I can't wait to get a short skirt and Tshirt on and find a nice spot in the garden , I don't do makeup or wig around the home but I still enjoy my dressing as much.

I know one duldrum that I have is I wish that I could wear a biniki bathing suit and shorts with completely shaved legs

I love the summer months cause I get go wear my short skirts or my short shorts with a various women's blouses. Since we have a pool I can also lay out in the sun with my biniki and get a nice sun tan. I shave all my body hair so I don't have to worry about hairy legs or under arms.

Aspiring Member
    If I were a swimsuit I would look I was wearing a giant sausage casing. Oh the Horror!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    I too love the warmer months for wearing short skirts, skorts or dresses. Wearing a short summer dress as I write this.

I don't use any padding or forms. Summer is great for short skirts and skorts and swimwear going to the lake and swimming as a girl. Nice and then having a pickinic with a cover on. fun fun fun. or wearing shorts and my lady tennis shoes for a walk. Yep summer doldrums.
    Part Time Girl

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Risky business. Stepped outside and go buzzed by a hummingbird!

I look forward to some rare outside time in a sun dress, in another city. But late summer till mid fall sound nice too, when i can cover my arms.

At heart I am and always have been a summertime girl. I spent last summer amassing a large collection of bikinis and short shorts. Pre hormones they all fit pretty well, but now that I am on hormones, things are just getting better and better. Once the hot weather hits (things have been pretty cool lately here in Cali) I will be by the pool or in it every day that I can work from home.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

If you want to dress in hot weather, you got to do what the GGs do! Get the right clothing. it's not only how much is exposed but what the clothing is made of as well. Weight of the clothes is also a factor. Heat is not the real problem, it's humidity! I am amazed how the GGs around here survive it. Today at noon it was 86F (30C) and 70% humidity!
    You've got to use the right makeup and get into AC every chance you get, that's how!

So don't whine you can't get around how hot and humid it is. Sure you can, it just takes some adjustment in your procedure and presentation. I dress year round and don't care what the weather does. Bring it on!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Absolutely adore summer, and would love to be outside now on a patio in a cute summer dress and sandals, with my hair tied back. Alas, do my fears I'll have to stay in the backyard. Perhaps its time to work up the courage venture off to the anonymity of another town for a long weekend.

Aspiring Member
    Part of why I struggle in the summer is I like fall & winter clothing I like the colors & styles. I am going to have to get out and shop for lighter weight clothing. I know shopping is a sacrifice, but one I am willing to make.
    Sara

I love summer here, it's not too hot, generally in the 80s. I like summer skirts with a tee shirt, flats, and I still wear hoes. Summer dresses and sandals always make me melt, I just have trouble finding one that actually fits me. Fall and winter are fun too, wool skirts, boots, a little more privacy.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Funny, I'm the opposite. Warm weather makes me feel like wearing a thin dress and nothing else, except maybe a very light thong... In winter I just want to wrap up in man-layers and get toasty.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I just bought two new summer dresses. Can't wait for the opportunity to get out and about in them no matter how hot/humid it is when that opportunity arises.

Karen

Aspiring Member
    Shorter skirts, lighter clothing, no large coats!

I'll take the summer!

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    The +30 degree (about 90 Farenheit for those on the other side of the pond) evening here in London got me thinking about this very topic. I've basically decided I'm a winter dresser. I need the hip pads, breast forms, corset and stockings to really feel transformed, and that just doesn't cut it in this weather. My one night out into the real world was in January, and even then I was sweating underneath all my finery. It makes the purchase of a good foundation absolutely paramount!

For me, those cute, floaty summer dresses will just have to be put to one side. Nothing stopping me from wearing short dresses though, even in the middle of winter!

Jemima x

I dress about the same amount of time in warm or cooler weather. Summer I love the short minis and tall heels. I tend to dress in more sexy clothes in the warmer months. Cooler weather I tend to underdress more.

When I feel like doing it, the weather doesn't matter all that much to me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The season of the year is not important to me. It's never "work" to dress. It's all second nature for me. Thanks to my wonderful wife, I have a special wardrobe for each season. Tonight, capris, sleeveless blouse, full make up, etc. no hose...(boo hoo), sandals, etc. We'll probably go for a country drive.