Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: summer duldrums

Sara for many years I avoided going out during the hot times of year. However this year I've had more opportunities to spend time traveling including fulltime weekends.
    I learned to deal with the heat. I've put together a nice summer collection. Summer clothes are lighter and cooler, I wear jeans, skirts, tees and blouses. I don't use any excess shape wear, I'm happy with my figure.
    As for makeup, I go easy on the complexion stuff and emphasize my features...eyes, brows, lips. And I tie my hair back.

I'm always close to air conditioning, be it the shopping centers, the car, truck, the RV, my home and indoors in general.
    Of course I save the dresses and the rest for the evenings and cooler days. I've learned to manage the heat and it worked for me.
    "Missed it by that much!"

In the summer, I just skip the hip pads, butt pads and body shapers. I don't look as girly, but I'm more comfortable. And not all girls have hips and butts anyhow. I also have some summer-appropriate dresses. My favorite is a kind of lacy white dress that is really supposed to be a bathing suit cover-up.

The big problem is heat-proof makeup. I'm also looking to buy a pixie style wig to keep cool.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 07-25-2016 at 10:18 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    I would love the opportunity to be en femme during the summer months. But, alas, my wife is a teacher. No more needs to be said. I'm originally from New York where the temps and humidity and THI indexes soar. In western Washington a "hot" day is 75 degrees with 40% humidity. That's like June in the east or maybe May. I don't break a sweat here. When school resumes I do get a chance to break out the summer cute dresses for four to six weeks.

I love wearing summer dresses and sandals. I still wear hose with my footwear but switch to a suntan shade.