Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorable Times in Drab where you got to Feel Girly/Feminine?

Silver Member

Memorable Times in Drab where you got to Feel Girly/Feminine?

Curious about others memorable experiences, where there were in drab and somewhat unexpectedly they got to feel girly/feminine? I had many back in the 80's going for my men's haircuts and my very cute hairstylist would at times draped me in a floral or leopard cape or other times suggest a conditioning treatment and the next thing I know I wearing a pink plastic heated conditioning cap to "let it penetrate.
    I have others I will add if this is of interest.

Last year had to go to the ER for kidney stones. On the discharge paperwork it said for her to take it easy for a fuel days. Really felt good on the inside even with the pain of the stones.
    Lets all enjoy what we do

Had my face made up at a Macy's on a Saturday while in drab. Looked pretty good. LOL
    Part Time Girl

Sara, one of my memorable experiences was similar to yours. I went to a men's salon in Europe for a straight up haircut. Got the standard package with the haircut, 10 minutes of hot towels to the face, face message, eyebrow trim, fingernail buff, finished off with a shoulder message, all undertaken by a cute young thing. Wasn't what I expecting, and certainly wasn't cheap, but it was very pleasant.

Gold Member
    About 4 years ago, My wife dressed me up in a French Maid's outfit,
    Complete with fish net hose, and with a white apron, I look real cute.
    I had no wig at the time, just my bald head, and mustache, and 5 O' Clock
    shadow, I was a real drag maid.
    My wife had me handing out candy to the "Trick & Treat" on Halloween.
    I had a blast; The mothers all loved it, lots of LOL's and complements on
    "Costume". Only one "Dad" looked at me and shook his head.
    Not dad for over 100 people, (Kids included) saw me in "Uniform"
    I wish my wife was here to help me repeat the performance. I felt real
    Girl like that day.
    Rader

Used to have my eyebrows waxed in a salon all the time.

I also enjoyed taking my wife to get her nails done. I almost always undressed, though.

Also enjoyed holding her purse. I slung it over my shoulder without any hesitation.

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    There have been several but the one I loved was when I was taking photographs at a wedding one of guests ask me to pose with five adult bridesmaids , I squeezed in the middle and put my arms round the satin waistline of the girl either side , how I wanted to be one of them.

I think the other maybe going into Boots and asking for a colour test on my face , the SA was lovely, she analysed my skin with the meter and chose wheat , despite saying she was only going to do some spot tests she made up the whole of my left side. I was in drab, with booths open to the public being made up, what a girly moment !

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    My tweener (the girl friend between marriages) convinced me to get a perm.
    At work the first day, the guys screwed with my but the women were all over me.
    It was fabulous!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Silver Member
    Carla, I too went through the perm phase with my first wife (I was a CD then too but didn't acknowledge it at all). She got them routinely and then she decided to get one from my hairstylist. I used to go with her since I have always loved the salon atmosphere and sure enough my stylist suggest I get one too. So a week later she back there with me, this time watching me get my perm. The 2 of them had a blast making all sorts of comments about how cute I looked getting my "first" perm! That the purple rods went well with my blue eyes. and wanted to know if the "perm" setting on the dryer was too hot for me or did I have what it takes to be pretty.
    We enjoyed dueling perms for years. I have many great tales over those years.

Lauren, you reminded me of a trip to the beach with a group of friends and most of the girls went on a amusement ride and they all handed their purses/handbags to me. The other guys cowered and there I was with a menagerie of cute bag slung over both shoulders. The gals really gave the guys a hard time about their fear of a handbag.
    Once in VS strictly shopping for my wife, I was told if i wanted the instant $5 off coupon they were offering GG's i would need to get in queue and try one on just the same, very memorable!
    Last edited by Sarasometimes; 06-16-2016 at 07:23 AM.

LOL....trying to remember last time in drab

Every few months I have a manicure, pedicure, face and back massage by one of the women in a local salon. I get the best package deal they offer and it is not that bad, cost wise. Well worth the cost anyway.

I love it when the ladies at church ask me to work the kitchen for special events. Just me and all the ladies. Very girly. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Mine was at the World of Wigs where a most beautiful lady adorned me with the sexiest long strawberry blonde wig and said I looked good!

One time that really sticks out for me was one night during a jazz dance class. The dance we were learning had these really sexy hip thrusts in it, and it felt very feminine to me, especially given than I was surrounded by women doing the exact same move (the class had 20 women and only 3 guys, if you include me as a "guy"). Ballet class also makes me feel very feminine, the stretching of the legs and pointing of feet, the delicate arm movements, etc. are all very girly.

Trip to the salon, cut, hair washed, brow wax - my stylist is great

Silver Member
    Bridget and others, I have had so many of these types of moments during drab salon treatments and to this day they still are very pleasant bonuses.

I had a female friend, years ago who loved to shop and I would "tag" along. She was about 2 inches shorter than I and she would, at times, discretely hold up a skirt or pants to me to see about where they would hit on her, or sling a handbag over my shoulder to see how it looked on someone. She would always thank me for being such a "good sport" and wondered aloud about the pack of men standing just outside the "DMZ" De-"Men"itarized Zone, otherwise known as the women's or lingerie departments. I also frequently ended up holding her bag while she used both hands to look through the racks. Of course I was loving it all along.

The time I went to the store that caters to CDs to get my wigs trimmed. Sitting in the chair, dressed as my male self, wearing the wigs while they're being trimmed, and a couple of women walked in to shop. Also tried a couple of different breast forms on that day. And this was also the first time I had outed myself to a complete stranger (the shopkeeper).

I had gone on an overnight trip to get a makeover at Amanda's in Bethlehem PA. The morning of the appointment I applied Kiss press-on nails and painted them classic red. Although I hated to do it, I took off all my makeup and dressed in drab for the 3 hour ride home. However, I couldn't part with my press-on nails, so I left them on, even when I stopped to fill up with gas and then when I stopped at Micky D's to fill up on coffee.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

1958 I was 5 years old in the hospital roomed with several older kids. They were teasing me, calling me by the feminine version of Robert - Roberta.

1975, I was thin with long blonde hair hanging out with my friends at an apartment complex. A woman that lived there wanted to take me to her apartment, said she had a dress she wanted me to try on.

1977, A woman thought I was gay because I was thin with long blond hair.

Being whistled at as I walked down the street in the '70s.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    Petra isn't it great when strangers accept you.

Another salon surprise was when I went for a facial to my regular salon for my men's cuts, the esthetician suggested that I get my eyelashes dyed darker. She said she lots of guys who get them done and that she had time right then. Being a sucker for a pretty face and it sounded a bit fem I agreed. After my facial she led me back into the main salon to a reclining salon chair, put a cape on me, reclined the chair and opened a eyelash dying kit. It had a selection of crescent shaped pink sticky paper things which she sized to my eyelids then I was asked to close my eye for about 15 to 20 minutes. She applied some color to my lashes. as I laid there apparently a small crowd of clients gathered to see what she was doing as I heard numerous voices talking about what was going on. 20 minutes later she rinsed it off and my lashes were more noticeable amd my eye looked brighter. I had her do it on occasion and then she moved to another salon.

Hi all, I'm a newby here. I guess I've been in outer space. What is "drab". I think I can guess, but I don't want to assume anything. Thanks, Nancy Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    Petra isn't it great when strangers accept you.
    I wasn't accepted by a customer when I tried on wigs at a salon, but I didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    Hi all, I'm a newby here. I guess I've been in outer space. What is "drab". I think I can guess, but I don't want to assume anything. Thanks, Nancy Sue
    DRessed As Boy = men's clothes are rather drab aren't they?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Thanks Ressie.. Glad I asked ! I was totally wrong. Yes, compared to my wardrobe, my guy clothes are drab. Sorry for your rude treatment at the wig shop. Their job is to help all customers and increase revenue....duh.

To put some of the responses into historical perspective: In about 1935 - I was 10 - my father, a well-known New York attorney and "man about town" took me to a shop with perhaps ten barbers. He got his usual shave first with hot towels from a large gas-heated oval contraption, then a straight razor with whipped lather, at the same time a manicurist rolled up to put clear polish on his nails and a shoe shiner did his shoes. The "elite" in all large cities considered that the norm --- nobody considered it sissy in those days.
    Julie
    Summer-wear time

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My wife convinced me to get a facial peel (abrasion) at the office of the plastic surgeon she uses. Talk about walking into a woman's world and being treated incredibly well! Trust me, you will love it, and it is simply feminine all around you, and the staff does want you to "get in touch with your feminine side"!