Thread: Being closer to mom than dad

Being closer to mom than dad

Growing up I always felt closer to my mom than I did my dad. I always prefer to spend more time with her .I would love to help her clean house and cook rather than play sports.Also I would enjoy going shopping with her and often wished that we could be buying dresses rather than male clothes.

Aspiring Member
    I was always closer to my mom than dad. However my mom was the sports fan, dad could have cared less. Mom encouraged me to play sports and try new things. I taught myself to cook when I was around 12ish, with a little help from mom. That is something I love doing to this day.
    Sara

yep, I so was the mummys little helper, but sometimes dad had a few cool car projects or renovation projects
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Being the youngest of 4-boys by 5 years, I spent a lot of time with my mom and was always going shopping with her.

I think that is what introduced me to the ladies departments and underwear and dresses in the shops and I would feel how soft the materials were in my hands when passing garments on display.

My dad went to work very early before the rest of the family got up and we were in bed when he came home.

If we were lucky we may see him for a few hours at the w/end, this was up until I was about 10 years old.

So I think that this could have played a part in me liking female clothes.

Martina
    Last edited by Martina; 06-17-2016 at 01:39 AM.
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Martina ,I feel the same way a girl trapped insides of a boys body had my mom only knew.My dad died when I was 11 years old so my mom raised me on her own .

I was closer to my mom than my dad - learned to cook when I was 9 and always hated house cleaning - gets in the way of playing

I would say it was similar for me. I loved my dad, and he tried very hard to be a good and supportive father for my little sister and I. For cub scouts or school "dad's club" support activities, he was always there. On vacations he took us camping and fishing and on trips to the mountains and the beach. It was always clear that he was proud of us and loved us.

But for day to day things, and for any emotional and personal issues, it was mom we turned to. Father could hardly talk about emotional issues, and really couldn't talk to us about sex at all. That fell to mom to provide for us. When puberty hit, it was mom who 'explained about the birds and the bees', and dad was nowhere to be found. He never even had the chat with me about, "Son, if you do have sex, use a condom." I learned about birth control in school sex ed class and Navy boot camp.

Mom took us shopping, for clothes, shoes, food, and whatever. When my hair needed to be cut, more often than not she took me to the same beauty parlor where she got her own hair done once a month. If my hair didn't need a trim, she still took me to the beauty parlor, and I could stay there and read, or go to the public library to wait for her, about a block away. She taught me to cook and sew and do laundry just like she taught my sister. On family vacations, my sister and I often spent most of the summer at the beach with mom, while dad worked and came out on the weekends and for the week of my birthday.

My dad had a daughter born premature, and with dystonia, later severe speech impediments. She was taught that boys were bad, men were bad, sex was bad, having babies was bad, and is 68, never had a man. Then my parents had twin sons, both have been in prison for nazi related felonies. Then i came, really unwanted. My dad resented me mostly. My brothers resented me, and beat me up in the crib, never have stopped criticizing me severely. My dad and brothers were jealous of me, becuase my mom gave me most of the attention. At 13. i started sneaking into my sister and mom's things, and shortly after that, my mo wanted me to go to a "shrink", but my dad would not go with me. he had and has issues, too, he never faced. I know all too well, that i resemble my mom quite a bit, when all dresseed up. Similar facial features, and long legs. But, i also resemble my very difficult father in temperament, and receding hair. Much taller than him, and her, though. I think my dysfunctional family has affected me dressing, and not liking my maleness much at all.