Thread: I tried to be careful, but . . the summer sun wins again.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

I tried to be careful, but . . the summer sun wins again.

I found a quiet place off the main road with no traffic and decided it would be good to just sit for a while in the shade of my jeep liftgate and enjoy the view, pleasant temperatures and light breeze as I had a small impromptu picnic. I used some sunscreen even though I was in the shade, just in case. So today I discovered I have a bit of a sunburn, except for that area covered by my bra. No time in swimming pools or hot tubs for a while for me.

Just a reminder to apply sunscreen both in quantity and in time for it to do it's job. Don't forget to use it on your feet if you are wearing cute sandals and don't want to share the pattern of straps with the world.

Are there other summer time tips we need to remember?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Good point Sarah. It's the little things we forget that bite us in the backside. Just this morning I went out to walk the dod with lipstick on. Glad I had a tissue with me.
    Angie

Seawater might not be your wigs best friend
    Shave you tummy

IMG_20160225_115825a.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

in a similar vein Sarah, tops/blouses that are light/thin while you might not be able to see your bra through them, you may still tan/burn through them which leaves you with the same tan lines, just softer (been there done that)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I put on sunscreen every morning. Rain or shine.

Just had yet another skin cancer removed. This one was quarter+ sized and took 6 stitches to sew up!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sun glasses, UV blockers to stop from squinting and forming those crows feet and maybe a hat. Alcohol in the sun is a no-no to keep hydrated.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Many sun screens cause cancer. Better to do without sunscreen so you can get the vitamin D.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

moderation ladies, MODERATION!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Banned Read only
    Sarah,
    It's a point I've been watching very carefully, I've been trying to avoid farmer's arms so when the sun is shining I do strip down to just a pair of shorts so there's an even coverage . On one occasion I was wearing my denim mini and thin strap vest top and fell asleep in the garden , yes I did have strap marks that night which didn't match my nightie straps .

Sandal strap marks, they are fading but still there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keely

One of the Reds

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Out here in the desert, the sun is a real issue. I've been fortunate that I've had no issues.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Do tell Angie G, how do you get lipstick on the dod (dog) before venturing out en-femme?