Thread: Fathers Day

Untitled

Fathers Day

Here in the UK we have a saying

When is Mothers Day? Oh about 9 months after Fathers Day

But all joking aside, no matter what I have been through to realise the woman that I am, I will always feel proud when our daughter calls me Dad. She has been with me since she found out, supporting me in the early stages by going out with me in public, threatening to "deck" anyone who says anything to us, telling people off when they have been rude, dealing with her peers in her own way and educating them.

I am proud to have this young woman I call my Daughter, but I am prouder to say that she can still be comfortable calling me "DAD", just as I am comfortable to hear her say it.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

awesome comment.

My dad still calls me "son".

I don't even pretend to care.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Dad to my son always... Son and Daughter to my dad depending on if he's on a role either is fine... Just don't call me ~hit head!
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

My son has quite the sense of humor. I asked him what he was buying me for Father's Day. He said nothing! I asked why not. He relied, "Because you a have a vagina now!" I love that kid. He calls me Fommy now.
    Life Is One Big Dilation

Have a wonderful Father's and family day! I get to go to the country club with my wealthy son and his family.... but dang it I have to eat salad to watch my weight lol!
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day

To all the Fathers out there, have a great day

In NZ Father's Day is the first Sunday in September

My kids call me dad, I cannot expect anything else Like many of us, they have known me as dad all their lives

I am still proud to be called Dad, but Suzzane I love the word Fommy - congratulations for you and your sons humour

Pen
    Last edited by PennyNZ; 06-18-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Gold Member
    My kids are all at different stages. My relationship with my son is broke because he can't get his life together. He calls me Dad. My oldest daughter called me Dad privately and Sue publicly. Recently she sent me a text saying she would always call me Mom now and "I have no one to call Mom and if anyone deserves the title, it is you". Today I received roses with a card that said "Happy Last Father's Day". My youngest has called me Momma Sue since pre-transition.

i'm always going to be "dad" to my kids, too. But, I did get a lovely bunch of flowers from them on Sunday - my first ever flowers as a gift. :-)))
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Nigella,
    I nearly considered walking away from all that support, the thought just hurt too much . My daughter fights my corner as well but I insist now she that does get caught in the middle of my wife and I.
    I'll remain dad and grandpa to those that matter !

I had to smile because most of my family gave me chocolate for father's day, I commented to my wife that some of it should be stored away and not eaten all at once. So she turned to me and stated that I wanted to be slim and then pulled the lack of approval face, I said yes I do prefer to be slim, it's a pain when clothes don't fit ! Then I gave her a gentle poke in a small area of stomach showing between her top and trousers, she then grinned and replied OK Mr size 12 I get the message !

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    My three boys call me dad in most situations and I'm really happy they do. In some public areas I'm 'Aunty Donna', but they know I'll always be Dad.
    Call me Donna, please