Thread: First Father's Day without my Father.

First Father's Day without my Father.

To start, I would like to wish everyone a Happy Father's Day.

But that isn't what I'm posting about, exactly.

I'm one of those that has lost their Father in the past year and I have no children. This day isn't going to be an easy day to get through for me. However, I will manage to do it somehow. I always manage to pull through the tough situations. That was something my Dad gave me growing up. The ability to survive and deal with the tough situations.

For me the toughest thing about getting through this day is before he passed, he knew about me. But, I hadn't been able to open up enough for him to see any of the real me at any point on any level before he passed on.

I had wanted to hear him at least once call me his baby girl, or something like that.

I know I was the Son he was proud of, but I was also the Daughter he never truly knew that needed her Daddy at the same time.

The other thing that makes me a little sad is that we shouldn't have to dedicate a special day out of the year to show our appreciation for the ones we love and are close to. We should show them we love them every day of the year.

So, I would like to say that, for those of you that are in a similar situation as I am in on this day. Know that you are especially in my thoughts today.

To everyone I would like to say, "Don't ever hesitate to show the ones in your life that mean something to you that you care about them and love them."
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Thank you for posting, I know how hard it can be when we are reminded that we no longer have one or both parents.

I was fortunate that my dad knew me before he died in 2014, but that doesn't make it any easier.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Big hugs, Rianna.

I do consider myself very lucky. I did get to have that very important closure. I got to tell him how I felt before we pulled the plug and let him go. I think that's how I have been able to deal with his passing better than the rest of my Family.

I still miss him in lots of little ways though.

However, I made it through yesterday in a big way. After I got off from work, I was able to get me some hair therapy.

I went over to visit a good friend of mine and she trimmed my hair and layered it so I can take advantage of my natural curl. After she finished, we sat and talked and had a lot of fun. I ended up staying out a lot later than I planned.
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

I lost my Dad just over ten years ago, how time flys! Yet he is still very much with me in spirit, I think of him often usually with a tear or two. I was lucky, I had my Dad for just over 97 years, not many have the love and council of their parents that long.

Emma, I know that you must miss Your Dad deeply, that is to be expected, and I expect that you will miss him for the rest of your life, that is also to be expected. Please remember all of the good and important things that he taught you when you were young, he took that time and effort because he loved you.

I'll remember you in my prayers.

Hugs, Bria

Thank you Bria.

I will always remember the things he taught me and the time we did get to spend together.

I'm actually looking forward to July 3rd. That was his Birthday.

On that day I will be disappearing for most of the day. I'll be taking his Golf Clubs and plying Golf in his memory. Shortly after he passed I promised myself that I would at least play a round of golf in his memory annually on that day.

Some of my fondest memories were the times he took me out to the course and taught me how to play.

One memory that happened shortly after I got out of the Navy was when we played a game together at one of the local courses that is no longer there. One of the holes was a par 3 with a water hazard as the fairway and the green was on top of a hill.

I hit my drive and the ball headed right for the water. When my ball struck the surface, we thought it was going to the bottom. Not so. That ball actually skipped across the water six times, hit a rock, and then hopped up the hill to land about two feet from the edge of the green.

We just looked at each other, jaws dropped. Most amazing shot we ever saw, the way it appeared to defy physics.
    Has nothing to fear

Rock meet Hard Place.