Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you bothered by your male form when crossdressing?

I have been doing more physical work lately, and bicycling, my arms , bicepts are looking bigger, and much more masculine. At certain angles, my photos look ladylike. At others, not near as much. I can fool people from a distance, but not within say 40 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    Does it bother you?
    Of course it bothers me. That's why I don't look in mirrors when I'm wearing girl things. Let's face it, most of us don't resemble in any remote way the female that we're trying to appear as. Why torture ourselves over something that is out of our control? We didn't choose this situation. But we have to live with it. May as well make it as nice as possible.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The breakthrough for me was realizing that I could feel totally feminine, and not have to change anything about my body. So I just buy things that look good on me [to me] - it hits the spot of letting me cross the divide, and enjoy my feminine side without trying to excuse my body. It is true that to others I mostly look like a man wearing a dress, but because I am not asking them to think of me as a woman, it is less complicated for them, and that works well for us all.
    We are all beautiful...!

Banned Read only
    As a senior one experiences a loss of muscle. I've been able to maintain a figure that is 42C-38-40. Once upon a time I was a 38-30-36 and 175 pounds. My legs are still nice. My arms are were never overly muscular. All my 140 dresses are designed to obscure or hide the waistline; sheaths, empire waists, wraps, a-line. Those styles work well with my six foot height and 195 pounds. The biggest challenge any male is going to have is that visceral belly fat. Being 42-38-40 isn't so bad, but, 42-48-42 would be a killer.

Oh god yes! I dont like my shape at all. I did used to body build some years back, before I came to terms with my crossdressing. Because of that I am still quite muscular and find it difficult to hide, along with that I hate my midriff I have been dieting and more active but its like I always say about food a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips or in this case my belly lol Its so easy to gain weight yet sometimes near impossible to lose :P
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

Yes, particularly in recent years where I put on additional kgs and of course the natural aging kicks in. I have to "upgrade" my dresses to size 12 instead of the usual 10. I need spend much more time in make-up and also increase the frequency and intensity of my fitness training.

It bothers me I can be quite Ocd with most things so am quite hard on myself with getting it right but I have way to much hair and a solid build

It bothers me, but not excessively, just remember, that even bio women are not perfect either...
    about me what annoyes me the most is my potbelly, thats why i am doing running whenever i have an hour free.
    That said, being 1.66 m tall, 5" 5' for US/UK whenever i gain a bit of weight its easy to spot...
    Gilda..

Yes it bothers me quite a bit, I think that is why I have so much trouble figuring out if I am more than a CD. I try to mold my male body to be more feminine through exercise, keeping thin and targeting what muscles I can to build hips and a butt. I don't like to wear body shaping garments, but do need some to fill out my bra. Keep my body hair shaved and the hair on my head long.

Aspiring Member
    While I may be comparatively thin, I'm mostly at odds with my shoulders and arms. The illusion is quite visibly broken; if not for them I'd have a fairly rectangular figure. I don't shave these days; that said I don't dress very often so I'd be better off covering up for those moments.

Not at all Amanda. Knowing who and what I am underneath reassures me really.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

5'11", and stayed between 145-155 for most of the years as CD.

Have "ballooned" to 170. Need to get back to the 150's ASAP.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    As men, we put on weight differently than women. We either get fat with a big belly, not hips, or we gain lots of upper-body muscle. I don't know about you, but I can't stand it when I dress. When I dress, I want to look as much like a woman as possible. Does it bother you?
    I'm 5'11 and 170 lbs. My body is OK, only a little belly fat. My concern, when pretty, is my largish, wrinkled hands (backs) and my large nose.

I must admit, I am. I want feminine curves, I want sleek smooth legs, and yes I want breasts. I would never get hormone therapy, as my kids would be screwed up forever, but I long for a feminine body

My male form is part of the reason why I wear a DDD bra stuffed beyond capacity. (That, and I have a thing for large breasts.) The extra large "girls" make my belly look flatter.