Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now where has Donna been?

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar

Now where has Donna been?

Hi all,

It's been quite a while since I last visited, let alone posted anything but I did need a little time to myself. Needed to sort a few things out and time to finally leap that last hurdle...

Work was a pain, but, as they found to their detriment, don't throw amateurs in the ring with a professional. Having waited nearly five months suspended whilst they decided on a formal charge, it took all of 48 hours to have everything dismissed and an apology offered. In brief, I was just a little intolerant of a few 'mature' ladies at work exercising their right to be incredibly trans-misognistic suggesting quite forcefully that my 'silly dress ups' we're not appropriate for the work place. After disgusting and offensive language was used towards me, and on more than a few occasions, I stated that I would no longer turn the other cheek, but slap theirs. Mmmmm 'assault or make threats against another officer...'

So I'm back, any vestige of the former boy is long gone, life is 100% Donna. And how much joy is gained by doing that last ever purge, all the boy clothes thrown out or donated...

HRT is progressing well. I have no problems in public, passing surprisingly well...

I have reverted to my substantive rank (Detective Inspector) and I'm currently in our tropical north conducting research for a number of high level reviews into various aspects of our remote operations, weapons carriage, use of force and a few others.

If I could possibly highlight a negative, the role I'm in is uniformed, shirt, cargo pants and combat boots... They call it unisex, but us girls are just wearing the same as the boys with the exception if the shirt buttoning on the opposite side. And after I bought so much gorgeous office wear...

I reckon I'll still visit this place every so often but I guess I'll just eventually slip quietly away into my female life... My family is all still wonderfully supportive and life could not be better.

Thanks to all here... Could not have done this without you...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Call me Donna, please

And just for a laugh, when I first signed up, two and a half years ago I looked like this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Call me Donna, please

Silver Member
    You are looking great Donna

Banned Read only
    Simply, WOW!!!

DeeAnn

I can see you're all topsy-turvy with joy.
    Well done!!!!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

My most sincere congratulation, you are another reason to be proud of what we are :-)
    thank you so much also for sharing everything with us
    Gilda
    hopefully becoming the real "ME" now

wow, just wow. Great photos and well done for taking on those haters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

congrats on your new life you look great.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

A determined person with a pure heart is hard to stop! Congratulations Donna, you defended to your true self and have earned your place and the respect of others. Carry on!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Congrats on the Courage and Fortitude to be where you are

You look radiant!
    Life Is One Big Dilation

Aspiring Member
    Talk about weight loss. Awesome, you look half the age of two years ago. I like the third picture, mostly because my questionable sense of humor knows that Aussies live on the upside down side of us. Just kidding. You are an inspiration.

Ineke

Good on ya Donna! Very proud of all of your hard work and accomplishments!! You've come a loooong way. You look so pretty and happy!!! It's great to see. Hope to hear from you from time to time.....

Best,

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Surely, Donna, that is a picture of your father.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Wow Donna, you have come a long way. You defiantly look better and I hope the best for you.
    Part Time Girl

Ah......I'll repeat it..... WOW

Banned Read only
    Donna,
    I remember all too well, how explosive it became, I was surprised your marriage survived. I can only say how pleased I am that's it's all coming together, you are nicely into transition, you have a good job and an intact marriage I really hope the future is mostly plain sailing now.

If we don't hear much from you I certainly wish the very best for the future !

PS , You've got to work on the uniform it's far too drab !

Donna,

You look awesome. Happy to hear that things are going well for you.

Gold Member
    I am very happy for you Donna! It is great when it works!

OMG!!!

Donna - I'm sincerely so very pleased for you, what you've been through the past few years, how you've managed to stop thumping walls and now just mildly threaten your work colleagues... What progress! Seriously, I'm sure you put them straight and have genuinely helped the awareness of what being trans means for those that follow you... And it seems to have worked wonders for you...

I know it isn't in the least about how you look - but you do look so much better than before, and about 20 years younger too! (At least... )

It'll be a loss if you don't come back and share your ongoing experience for other Aussie girls and for anyone that needs a role model - despite (or perhaps because of) the past tensions you've experienced. Hellfire! You've impressed me and I'm just a regular guy...

Wish you the best, babe...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Wow..... That`s Amassing....
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Bloody amazing, good on yer.

I hope you'll check in from time to time so the less adventurous among us (like me) can continue to live vicariously through you.

Hugs, Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Gone to live my life
    Hi Donna,

So glad to read that things have finally taken a turn for the best and you are now free to move forward in your life both personally and professionally. I know it has been a difficult year but that seems to have melted away and your smile at work . . . well I totally get that . . . pure exhilaration finally being able to be yourself.

Cheers

Marcelle

Thanks girls, I'll say it again the friends and the support I have found here have been truly amazing.

And in another twist, I've now been invited to write our policy, procedures and guidelines for staff transitioning within my agency. This includes guides for supervisors and colleagues...

I doesn't suck to be me anymore ;-)
    Last edited by Donnagirl; 08-02-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    Call me Donna, please

Congrats Donna!!!! !!!!!!!
    Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind... 11:11