Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair STYLES and the CD/TG/TS

Hair STYLES and the CD/TG/TS

OK, OK, I realize that I am in the minority here, what with my "boycut" and all, and I do realize that a few more "feminine gestures" ("flipping" the hair out of your eyes, tucking behind the ear, etc., etc.) are on tap with longer hair (and I have a few longer styles), but I do notice that almost no one has short hair in their pics.

Do you all really hate short hair, or what is the deal? No right or wrong here, obviously, but what with so many "real" women wearing their hair in shorter styles, I was just wondering why so many go for the longer styles?

if you notice, I for one have a short hair style. I'm not sure how I would look in a longer style. Need to try that out one of these days. I just might look back in the mirror and fall in love with a longer style. LOL I think a lot of us that do have a longer style, have it because that symbolizes a more fem look than a shorter style does.

girl next door
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas
    that symbolizes a more fem look than a shorter style does.
    I think that's definitely part of it.

Also, I think that many of us wear longer wigs because it helps us appear more femme. Some of us gals are lucky enough to be able to pull off the short hair thing. I'm afraid I don't qualify for that category.

Also, a longer wig hides any back of the neck/back hair. Ewwww, I know, I know, but you asked.

Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    I think the predominance of long hair/wigs is CD's starting out by going for the opposite of the masculine gender stereotype. I also think many genetic males wouldn't be able to pull off a short hair look and appear very femme. It's a really sophisticated look, if you can pull it off, to my mind.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

Hair

Tracy

I wear long haired wigs I guess because I wear my male hair very short and I'm balding. I do think that most guys like long hair but women really look better with shorter hair.

I love your hair in yoru avatar, please don't ever dye it of let it get too much longer. You look perfect the way it is!!!!!!!!!
    Dana Fleming

my wig covers the back and also comes round the front to cover the neck. Which I must say I need.
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

i personally love short hair. my SO wears her hair short and she looks sexy as could be. she (like myself) wears it all spikey and crazy most of the time.

Funny you should bring this up. I liked your hair so much I may get a short wig.

I used to go for the longer styles Tracy, but finally came to the realization that a shorter style was much more attractive and suitable for my age. (54) I still think I look much younger than that when dressed, and now I no longer look like I am trying to look 30 years younger than I really am anymore.

Trying now to "age" in the female mode with dignity, grace, and style, as much as possible. (while still retaining that "old fart...but still a tart" quality as well!)

..too me its just a matter what suits or frames my face better ...I have tried shorter ....thought hmmmm not too bad ...but the longer auburn wig... I've grown too love ..SCREAMS ME !!! ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlyn
    ..too me its just a matter what suits or frames my face better ...I have tried shorter ....thought hmmmm not too bad ...but the longer auburn wig... I've grown too love ..SCREAMS ME !!! ..
    Oh tis you Sher...tis you....SCREAM ON sis!!!

It really depends. I can not pass as a girl right now with shorter hair because in fact at my height long hair just looks in proportion. This is sort of a minimum length that girls will go to, and if you are shorter than that you draw attention.

I can not wait until I have a long ponytail that I can have flipping out of the back of my hair
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

Short styles

Just love my short style wigs,,,,a nice change,,easier to wear also,,,nothing flopping around in your face etc,,,although thats nice at times too,,,,just nice to have the perogative to change!!

Tracy, Just be glad you can pull it off, having short hair and still looking very fem and natural. I had mid-back length hair for 20 years, it's over rated.

Mine is a longer wig, due body type and facial features. Having broad shoulders, a longer wig helps in making them look smaller. Plus when i had my make-over, a longer wig was suggested for me.
    Just got mine in the mail today. Used one of the Boutiques wigs for my make-over.

Platinum Member
    i a long hair lover and have not cut mine in way over a year no wigs for me and i think long hair works for me...........

GypsyKaren
    Actually, I keep going shorter and shorter...I was finding long hair to be a pain to deal with. I kinda like the length I'm at now, though I have been toying with the idea of trimming the back a bit, haven't decided yet.

Karen

My own hair is a few inches below the shoulder now, but I think I look better than I do with short hair (such as in my current avatar). It is a pain in the butt sometimes, but what are you going to do?

Tracy, I think you look wonderful in your shorter cut hair, but it is due to the shape of your face -- it complements it.

I think it's probably easier for most of us to hide stuff, or change proportions with longer hair. Having said that, I prefer to keep it shorter because it's less trouble to style.

Tracy, Your hairstyle is perfect for your face and very feminine. Most of us simply cant wear really short hair. Thats not to say that the long styles look good on everyone either, in fact they dont. You can carry this very cute and feminine hairstyle you look great.

A few years ago I was in a position that enabled me to grow my hair a little longer. However my hair, as straight as it is, required setting and styling. My wife helped me with that but it did require so much more preparation. See below. So much easier to put on a wig and go! I tried shorter style wigs but they just didn't look as good. Long hair makes me feel more fem too.

leigh04.jpg
    Regards,
    Leigh

mine is not that long

Aspiring Member
    My wig is what you may call medium length.
    I would love to have my own hair long enough to be able to style nice and femme, but unfortunately it is getting pretty thin.
    I went to a wig consultant that specializes in wigs for cancer patients and also does a lot of work in the TG community.
    She tried on 3 or 4 wigs before she came up with one that she felt was right for me and i liked.
    I comes down just to my neck on the back, and shapes around just above the middle of the ear.

I love the look

Denise

I tried shorter wigs and on me they looked like wigs so I went with a longer style. I also have a size large head that might have something to do with it. I like long hair but wish I could wear a short one very now and then.

What Me Worry
    I just love longer hair. When we were in HS my now wife then girlfriend had long (down to the top of her backside) hair blonde and I loved it then and I still do.