Thread: I need some advice on how to find LOCAL friends.

I need some advice on how to find LOCAL friends.

I have been fascinated with girls / womens clothes as far back as I can remember! Unfortunately I find my living situation , Well lets just say, Less than PERFECT for my desire to dress! I have great friends and I appreciate all they do for me, However, I'd be out on the streets in a HEARTBEAT if they EVER found out about my " Desire " Once there, I'd be ran out of the STATE!!! How do I find a safe environment,And like minded people to get together with in a small " Town" Like Corvallis, Mt? Trust me I've tried ALL the Friend Finder type sites, And even tried " Fet Life "...Either the people who use those sites are " Not into it, Or they treat it like it HAS to be a sexuall outcome. I'm not saying I'm opposed to intimacy, But a Motel and " Wham Bam, Thank you Mam " Sex just doesn't appeal to me!!! I was married for almost 24 years, And she put up with my desire, But dressing and and a quickie we're not enough for me. She tried REAL hard to make me feel better, We even went out on Halloween once, And she helped me look Fabulous, Even sexy!!! She even encouraged me to dance with SEVERAL men!!! Nobody there knew what was REALLY under that outfit! ! I enjoyed the evening enough to share it on this site!!! And just in case you are thinking that's a reason we got Divorced, It was NOT. She and I remain friends, And she told me that my Dressing had no bearing on why we split. But that was California, This is Montana! I'd love to find an accepting woman to share that with again, But how??? Where???? I'd even be open to like minded men, He** Any living breathing HUMAN, to explore and be accepted by in a SAFE ENVIRONMENT, Would be WONDERFUL!!! Sorry this post is so " Long Winded " But I really need to know how to find people who want to experience this side of me, In a SAFE, ACCEPTING environment. I bought a REAL sexy Bikini almost a year ago, and I've only been able to wear it ( Outdoors ) four times, For about an hour each time! And when I did, I was a NERVOUS WREAK!!! Any suggestions Ladies? Also, An opinion from a GG would be fantastic! !!!! Thanks Vici. (Short for Victoria, Pronounced Vicky )

Maybe if you cannot not find them locally, just look a little further away to bigger cities that you can get to for a weekend of going out and having fun. It is not perfect but could be a decent compromise to at least be out once in awhile, and worth the long drive there and back. It is tough away from larger urban environments, so I wish you the best of luck.

Banned Read only
    Vicky,
    I always think the US would be far more open and accepting than the UK, but so many members from across the pond talk about the difficulties in their small isolated communities with coming out and being accepted.
    I appreciate the fear isn't all in your head you say how difficult the reality is and I believe you. So how do you get out and about safely ? I can only speak from my own experience but I didn't expect to be going out socially with my home situation. All I can say I'm grateful to another member who contacted me and told me about her social group and invited me along. It took almost two years to finally do it but I've found it totally changes my attitude and that of others to my CDing, there's no going back in the closet for me. As for meeting another partner, it could happen for you if you can get out socially, our meetings are held in a hotel so we do meet GGs in various circumstances, you never know given the opportunity you could click with someone. I had to smile at your comment about being on the dance floor , I certainly didn't expect that to happen but at my first meeting a GG dragged me onto the dance floor , it really is a totally different feeling wearing a long dress and heels .
    Like you I would love to share it with my wife but I accept now it's never going to happen , all my family know about my dressing and accept it but I'm not fully out to them because they haven't seen me, which is a big difference.

I had a great trip through Montana, am I right that you call it , " Big Sky !" The down side of that trip was my wife received a speeding ticket !
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-23-2016 at 05:57 PM.

PM members on this site that are in your area or near by cities is always an option. Many members on here have the same wishes you do.

Just for fun, I decided to google Hamilton, Montana.

Yes, it really is in the middle of nowhere, population 4300 or so.

My local high school has an enrollment of 2300, and the local middle school has about 1000.

That's almost your whole town.

I see that you're not far from Missoula. Maybe the state college has some LGBT groups or resources. When I went to my college reunion, I went to a couple of LGBT functions there.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 06-24-2016 at 10:16 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Well Vicky, your going to have to be patient and diligent, Ive been searching awhile, I have 1 local friend so far, I did get to go out last saturday, We werent out long, but I know we all had fun. Id say your going to have to expand your radius like Steffi has said. I have met a couple members from the forum now, I talk to a few fairly regular. Just remember to stay open minded and be patient, searching people out takes some time. Check & see if there are any clubs in the city. I know we have 1 here, I will be going back again soon, : )
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Silver Member
    From the OP: "I need some advice on how to find LOCAL friends." This IS the reason almost everyone should give their "approximate" age and at least the state (county and city, too, when possible) where they live. It helps those wanting to reach out and make friends who have the same interests.

I have tried Fetlife, and Dateacrossdresser, TS Dating, and Adult Friendfinder websites too, and have found almost all men wanting sex, so, am very cautious, and no support groups,close. Although there is a mostly gay group about 40 miles from here, i found out. I like going walking at one university, and going to municipal city band concerts in a park bandshell, Tuesday nights sometimes. It is mainly a senior citizen and family gathering, though, and i am a little nervous, but block it out.