Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passing In Fem

Banned Read only

Passing In Fem

This post is not for the full timers that pass. Being a male to female crossdresser with a non-accepting and negative society toward Cding and wanting to be your feminine self which includes wanting to dress female and go out, do you now buy/dress androgynous? Such as do you wear female clothes that aren't so much clocked as female but allow you to pass/blend unless carefully scrutinized. For example when running errands wearing a bra with no forms and panties, fairly tight girl jeans with passable girl shoes. Tucked with a flat front, maybe even hip pads to make the jeans look and feel more feminine. Fem tee or top. Slight makeup. Fem jewelry. Do you buy/dress this way now where you use to buy/dress only in male clothes? Do you get a sense of satisfaction and "feel good" feeling as you're out in public dressed and passing as described and the feeling you are helping the CD acceptance by society? Also the mental/emotional satisfaction that it's not hurting anyone, it's not unlawful, it's what I want to be and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    I will admit being in a different situation I only go out dressed for a social meeting, I drive the thirty or so miles to the venue which is small hotel and conference centre . So I basically meet other members of the TG community , of course there members of the public who I have met and the hotel staff along with the SAs that run the clothing and makeup stands.

I don't worry any more about the question of passing, I always try and do my best and only wear skirts or dresses . Yes I admit it is a big difference to dressing in those circumstances and walking down my local high street or a shopping centre. I shop all the time in drab but I will say one thing and that's the statement about non-accepting and negative society. All the SAs I've met know I'm shopping for myself, the girl at the makeup counter was happy to demonstrate how to apply makeup on me , in full view of the public. I haven't encountered a negative response yet but I still have to take the next step and go out dressed in that situation, that could change how they respond. I guess I have to really decide why and when I need to do it.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes Deebra I do this at times, I have a pair of women's shorts that are very androgynous and wear them out and sometimes I will wear them with a ladies tee, I feel comfortable this way and sometimes it's because I just didn't have time to fully dress

I basically wear women's paints and tops 24/7. I do not wear bras or makeup, but do wear dangling earrings most of the time. I am very comfortable and happy with my look. I have never had an issue with anyone and never a problem trying on dresses

Richelle

Banned Read only
    I think the answer to your question lays with the cross dressers view of femininity. Until I started perusing this site it really never dawned on me to underdress. I tried it several times wearing a bra and camisole, panty and hosiery. It did absolutely nothing for me. Sometimes I do wear support pantyhose for the neuropathy in my legs. I only wear dresses, heels, hosiery and all the appropriate undergarments. It's what I call the "June Cleaver" 1950's look. Unless I can go full bore I rather wear my comfortable male clothing.

Feminine instincts, yes we have them and we want to be feminine. Today I have a bra on, shorts and my lady tennis shoes doing work around the house. But when i go out I want to be totally fem and reflect that and have at least a skirt on with a nice blouse. Hair down and makeup. Nice lipstick and be a woman when I go out as one. But if male, I have boots on jeans and a nice T-shirt or other shirt. Hair is in a pony tail, a male one low on the head being as male as I can with nice nails. Yep feminine is what we are in various degrees.
    Part Time Girl

Other than the rare occasions when I have to wear a men's suit, shirts are the ONLY piece of male clothing I wear in drab (since others notice the buttons being different).

I go out in public frequently. I always present as a woman, totally. I do enjoy being treated as a lady. If I am going out as a man I wear male appropriate clothes, except for my underwear.
    Hugs, Carole

Passing for me mainly means that my outfit choices are situationally appropriate. It also entails a degree of mannerisms, sitting/walking properly, and so forth. I don't worry about being clocked or changing my voice. My height alone (6'4") makes people wonder, and my voice is about entirely too bass-y to do much about it outside of common feminine intonation. So if I'm neat, clean, presentable, and carrying myself in a way that the average woman would? I'm set.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Bianca, Thanks for sharing about your height, and mannerisms, walk, sit, etc. I am 6'6" and people do wonder right away.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Deebra, it sounds as if passing to u means looking like a blend of male and female. In my case I would describe myself as a man in a dress.

That is not what passing means to me. It is when a man or male to female trans passes as a female. This has only happened to me a few times. And, I was treated very differently than when I go out as a man in dress!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Let me explain further, dressing as I described will enable a male crossdresser that because of face, height and build will not pass even dressed fully will allow him to buy and wear girl clothes in public, get that being a woman feeling that comes when dressed and out in public and PASSING. For those of us that are into girl clothes daily, want to dress this way full time, love the look and feel of how girl clothes fit and feel on our body, this is just a very good way to live full time with no negative comments or looks.

Deebra, I think i fit your ideals perfectly. my wardrobe (s) consist of around 90% female clothing now. most is fairly androgynous and passes in either mode so i dont really have to think about what to wear to appease my feminine self. My wife is comfortable with this but will tell me if she thinks i look too feminine to appear male. all my underwear is from the ladies department as are most of my trousers and tops. Shoes however are the most difficult to get right, nice slim trainers or Plimsoles (not sure if that is just a british word LOL) unisex sandals etc are OK, but formal shoes for women are really just that and don't fit my style. Obviously i do have very feminine clothes for relaxing around the house and i am lucky enough to have an SO that will pick out clothes for me as well as choosing my own. The main thing we look out for is age relevant clothing. No point in a 55 year old trying to look like a teenager! i think i do go out occaisionally a bit to femme, but then the nail polish would have given me away anyway, so don't worry too much. The only comments i have had in public, is "nice nails" so why worry. Its a free world and as Eddie Izzard says, "they are not women's clothes, I paid for them, they are MY clothes"

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    All the way or no way, but then that's me.
    Different strokes for different folks.

Banned Read only
    Colleen thanks for the thread, there has got to be many, many more that do this and feel so happy and free to enjoy the toned down feminine presentation. If we could do more we would but "it is what it is" and what the Good Lord gave us. Great wife you have !!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Seems you are describing a tweener or a 50/50 person like me.
    Very little of my wardrobe is male clothing and I don't really think about it so they are MY clothes.
    People sometimes mistake me for a woman from behind just because of my clothes and long hair but I'm OK with that.
    I guess that might fall under the blending rule or as it seems you are getting at "passing"to some degree but still being male I never really gave it much thought.

Aspiring Member
    I've never worn anything overtly feminine in 'male mode' - camisoles and many cuttings of blouses are completely out of the question. For that matter, breast forms would also be too obvious given that I'm extremely thin. Even in male mode, I still try to blend as well.

That said I inconspicuously wear women's T-shirts and jeans when presenting 100% male. It's considerably more comfortable owing to the tighter fit; it's fairly obvious after a while, however. The cap sleeves are the dead giveaway most of the time, but I'm out of cares to give.

I believe in starting from the head down in terms of presentation, and for me I'd rather go all or nothing to blend.

From what you are saying it's basically a mindset or state of mind more than it is how you are dressed. I personally don't dress to further any cause, I dress because I want to.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have tried going out with a bra, no padding or very minimal, and pantyhose but found i didn't like always felt someone was going ot clock me with a bra on. But it never happened. I have been out in drab to many places to buy feminine stuff, makeup, dresses, lingerie. Never a problem
    I have also been out dressed to blend or maybe a little more to all kinds of places make up counters, malls movies dress stores, never had a problem. I know I have been read but it was no big deal and I had a great time but I hae a great time almost every time I go out dressed.
    So for me it is now either all the way or why bother. but what ever works for you. generally most folks could care less
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I just got back from my weekly grocery shopping and saw this thread. I am wearing Liz Claiborne stretch jean Bermudas, Aerosole sandals, Bali panties but a men's polo so I do sort of fit what you are describing. Yes, there is a sense of satisfaction doing this because I could never pass. In the right environment I'll also wear a bit of makeup and small clip on hoops. Same sense of satisfaction. My dressing is evolving. I love shoes and finding ones to go with this mode is a challenge as i e. I just got some Rose Petals loafers in black and brown which I wear with peds. They look terrific with shorts or skinny jeans. Incidentally I wear a size 13 woman's shoe and I got a great deal on the loafers on Amazon.

my guideline is that when I'm a guy I dress like a guy: when I wanna present like a girl I dress like a girl

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    ... Being a male to female crossdresser with a non-accepting and negative society toward Cding and wanting to be your feminine self which includes wanting to dress female and go out, do you now buy/dress androgynous? ...
    I can't follow your assumption from point A to point B. if one wants to dress as a female, then that is what on should do. When you are hungry, drinking a glass of water doesn't really do the trick, does it.

The world is not out to get us and the normals are far more accepting that you assume.

Banned Read only
    Jen,
    I agree with that comment but on occasions it may only apply to our faces , what happens sometimes when we turn our backs is possibly something we don't want to know about .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Teresa that would be living in fear would it not?
    People will talk thats a given but its your fear of what they MIGHT do or say so in effect you are perpetuating the fear.
    Once you get over worrying about what people think the rest is easy.
    Whats the worst thing to happen if they talk anyway? Oh sure they will assume you are gay right but if you have a wife then the thought will be well he must not be gay then.
    So where does that lead too? Nowhere because you can own it and get on with your life.

can't pass and been dressing that way for close to 15 years. "Girly" fem went out when the oldest daughter asked her Mom why I was wearing her (Moms) jeans. And they had no "bling"; she recognized the cut. Once she got married (and left home), I went back to fem jeans/slacks tops/non-discript blouses, always have fem shoes (don't own any male shoes or underwear) and if not a bra then a cami for nipple patrol (yes they are still big). So my everyday wear is totally from the womans dept but not "fem" looking and I feel great about it. Odd really, not passing now but 35 years ago when people saw me and my wife they assumed she was the "former" male