Thread: going out becomes addicting

going out becomes addicting

I live in south Alabama so I feel it's best not to go out dressed much. I don't try to pass so that makes me stand out any more. I often go out in leggings and flared jeans and stuff. but not near as much in skirts. the other day I donned my teal skater skirt and went driving. I went and for gas. I stopped for a drink. and on my way home I went to Starbucks. and they're busy! got home and had to go out again. I can go long periods without skirt wearing in public. but once I taste that freedom, I want more and more. this time I went for more femme look. a black skirt. maybe a skater style. really short vsecret tank and their halter bralette poking out the top. I roamed around a store for awhile in that.
    now I can't wait till the next adventure.

I know what you mean that's the way I feel, most of the time I'm in drab mode when I'm out and about. When I get all feminine looking from top to bottom looking and feeling like a female I just can't wait to leave the house just to be in public presenting myself as a female, I just love that feeling. If I could I would dress 24/7, but I don't think my wife would go for that, even though she has said that maybe she would let me dress up every day a week. I just haven't had the time to take her up on that deal.

Cant sleep? I wake up sometimes and just am to awake. So I go out with girl jeans quite a bit, depends on what IM doing as to shirt type. My nice clothes are pretty well all girl clothes at this point besides some decent mens T shirts. I mix and match for how I feel. Me I really like heels, I havent been brave enough yet to wear any of my pumps out in town or any of my boots, to hot for that right now... I did get to goto the club last saturday and I do want to try that more femme or even en femme soon. I know its liberating to be yourself, pretty nice feeling isnt it? Sounds like you had a fun outing,
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

I know the feeling. In rhe closet for months, then finally plan an outing, guts to do it, go out, carefully, and survuve! Then want to go out again soon. But always be safe, aware.

Absolutely 👗 , Very addicting... especially when you have achieved the "completely" dressed phase. Most mornings, I dress just to go out and get the paper. I'm always "wearing" underneath. We went to a movie recently. I had on a bra, panties, a touch of makeup 💄 and thigh high stockings. I was very comfortable. The urges to wear as much as possible to go out is always there. I'm in heaven when I dress completely. We live in a small, nosy town and have to be very careful, so we go shopping at an out of town mall. My frustration is its out of style to wear stockings, which are my # 1 favorite. 😟

Only you know how accepting or not your area is, so please be careful. Yes it is addicting and as you grow(expressing your femme self more) you may find it becomes more of a challenge to push the envelope. I'm not saying you'll end up the same as me, I live my weekends en-femme 99% of the time, but I did start out wearing skirts only to see how I would be perceived, then gradually advanced to where I am now. Good-luck and enjoy yourself in your dressing.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yes, addicting. I've often gone out wearing bra, forms, t-shirt, jean skirt and sandals with painted toenails.
    It never ceases to amaze me how practically no one seems to notice or care.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    I don't think "addicting" is the right word at all.

Rather, it is liberating. And it is especially so when you give up on the notion of "passing."

Jennifer is right, the more you get out in the real world, the more you feel free and be yourself. At a minimum at least wear what the other ladies around you are wearing. (No clubbing dresses in the Kroger!) and just be yourself. If they clock you, so what. Just carry on and let them go back to their utopian world. You'll begin to enjoy it even more.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

It is very liberating. Especially feeling air where you've never really felt it before

It's liberating for sure, but shopping for more clothes can get addictive

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I agree with Jennifer that while addicting may be true but it really is more about just finding a comfort zone where even if you know fully passing is extremely rare you just find yourself comfortable presenting en fem no matter what your doing while out, shopping, eating out going to the bank, or washing the car.

oh yeah. I'm definitely addicted to shopping. I've amassed over 220 panties. 31 bras. over 10 skirts. bunch of yogas and leggings. and want want want more!

I love going out and have gotten pretty comfortable going into stores. It is interacting with people that I still have problems with. I pass pretty well until I start speaking.

I think the "addicting" part is that you feel free to be yourself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I think the "addicting" part is that you feel free to be yourself.
    I agree Kate. Being who you are, in public, and not being concerned about anyone else is very freeing.

As suggested strongly by my gf, I recently traveled with her to another city and dressed all day (while she attended a conference). She thought that would be good for me as I fear bumping into someone I know and being recognized in my home city. Wandering a city, shopping and eating, where I know no one was awesome. So awesome that we're already planning girl vacations in other locations!