Thread: Canceled going out at last minute, maybe good i didn't!

Canceled out last minute, maybe best i did.

Last Thursday, i had an appointment at the VA , in Madison Wi, and had planned on packing a dress, swimsuit, wig, heels, hose, but woke up too tired to get things together, and running late, didn't take them. After my appointment, was planning on going to a park, lake with beach, about 20 miles from there. It was a foggy,not so hot day, and when i got to the lake, was surprised there were a number of people there. I doubt if i would have had the courage to don my bathing suit, in front of a lot of kids, and moms. i fished in drab trunks, and swam some. People were right there all day. Later, i drove to another town, with a great bakery, where i went in as Alice last year. But, they had just closed! So, i drove off, headed for the interstate. But, had to stop for a four way stop. And after i started, a police vehicle turns and is right behind me, for four miles, then, of course, its flashing lights and sirens, and pulls me over, for a random check! I was not speeding , nor problems, just a random check. I was stopped in 2005, while dolled up, and it would have happened again, if i was dressed this time, maybe. I am sure the two officers would have been professional, like the other one, but my license would not have matched my looks. Some times, gut feeling, and not dressing on a particular day or night, works out better.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 06-26-2016 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Title error.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Things happen for a reason Alice always follow your intuition.

i'm glad everything worked out for you! see, it is true about woman's intuition...
    paula

I think we gain our womens intuition after we wear our first bra. Hope your day went well besides your setback.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I must add, that i also got lost royally in Madison, in my old pick up truck, was super stressed, and had to ask strangers for help. Probably better i wasn't as Alice, in my mood.

Alice thanks for sharing your trip with us , I always read your posts, you have so much going on in your life I know things dont go easy for you , but you never give up, you always ride things out and come back, you are an inspiration to lots of us that never dare get as far as you have.. Thank you so much for helping so many of us, I hope you get to have a day out again soon. Take care girl and keep posting. Kindest regards Heather

Alice,
    There are no laws for random checks. They had no probable cause to stop you. Granted nothing happened, however there was no reason to stop you and this is a violation of the 4th amendment. You should consider informing internal affairs of the stop.

Very good Alice. Your woman's intuition was pretty good. That for reporting on your trip. When i go to the VA I've always gone as a male. However even then i get mamm'ed sometimes.
    Part Time Girl

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    hi Alice, Heather put it perfectly. I hope there'll be another opportunity for you soon.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Alice,

I agree with Riley. Random police checks are unconstitutional. Under certain conditions police checkpoints can be legal, but random police checks are not.

Grace

Lucky break! Getting arrested en femme would lead to a very bad day

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Lucky break! Getting arrested en femme would lead to a very bad day

Betty, Luckily, I was not arrested, only checked out, by one male, and one female officer. They were nice. I think they must have thought my driving was a bit nervous or erratic. I did get stopped in lady clothes once, and checked for nervous driving, as said.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thanks so much Heather. Nikki, too. As always, i am having major trouble with my cruel older twin brothers, and my attitude is not so nice for going out dressed, like i hoped. Always doing it alone, too, is a little scary. I am hoping i can move soon, but not sure when.

, and pulls me over, for a random check! I was not speeding , nor problems, just a random check.
    This kind of crap is happening all over, and it makes me furious. People conducting themselves in a lawful manner have a right to be left alone! The nazis used to stop people at random and say "your papers please"! Today the cops stop you at random and say, "your drivers license, registration and proof of insurance please". Not a dimes worth of difference! And some people still think we live in a free country.

We've got an election coming up here in August, and a woman came to the door today campaigning for sheriff. She's just lucky I wasn't home! The campaign flyer she hung on my doorknob listed "TSA Training Supervisor" in her resume. I guess she doesn't know the public hates the TSA and everyone connected with it.
    Last edited by MelanieAnne; 06-27-2016 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Last Thursday, i had an appointment at the VA , in Madison Wi, and had planned on packing a dress, swimsuit, wig, heels, hose, but woke up too tired to get things together, and running late, didn't take them. After my appointment, was planning on going to a park, lake with beach, about 20 miles from there. It was a foggy,not so hot day, and when i got to the lake, was surprised there were a number of people there. I doubt if i would have had the courage to don my bathing suit, in front of a lot of kids, and moms. i fished in drab trunks, and swam some. People were right there all day. Later, i drove to another town, with a great bakery, where i went in as Alice last year. But, they had just closed! So, i drove off, headed for the interstate. But, had to stop for a four way stop. And after i started, a police vehicle turns and is right behind me, for four miles, then, of course, its flashing lights and sirens, and pulls me over, for a random check! I was not speeding , nor problems, just a random check. I was stopped in 2005, while dolled up, and it would have happened again, if i was dressed this time, maybe. I am sure the two officers would have been professional, like the other one, but my license would not have matched my looks. Some times, gut feeling, and not dressing on a particular day or night, works out better.
    I feel for you Alice...

I'll be posting my own Police Stop disaster later.

The problem is and we all have to expect it, is that no matter how carefully and within the speed limit you drive, you might get stopped anyway. And this is more likely late at night when the cops just want to lean in and sniff around for pot or alcohol. Then they let you go with a warning for something you didn't do in the first place.
    Not to beat a dead horse here, but I found this on Lawyers.com.

Although an officer may randomly stop a pedestrian to check for identification or purpose in the area, a random vehicle stop to check for a driver's license or vehicle registration is not justified unless the officer has a reasonable suspicion that the driver does not have a license or that the vehicle is not registered. The officer must have a lawful reason or justification for stopping a motorist. A traffic stop that is not justified will not be valid and any evidence obtained by the officer from such a stop will not be admissible in court. Common justifications for traffic or investigative stops include:

Traffic violations
    Defective equipment or equipment violations
    Missing or defective license plates
    Erratic driving behavior, such as reckless or drunk driving
    Emergency response calls
    Suspicious criminal activity
    Last edited by MelanieAnne; 06-28-2016 at 12:34 AM.