Thread: Went out yesterday, last night. First time this year.

Went out yesterday, last night. First time this year.

Went throught a ton of turmoil, from guilt and shame, family and church . But put on my turquoise dress, brought along my black and white sundress, and a sweater, as it was cool. Put guy clothes over, and drove to Dekalb Illinois. Stopped at a community college big parking lot, put on small amount of make up, take off all men things, then got out to take some photos. later, drove into town, at the lagoon park, but many parents with kids around, so stayed in my pick up a while, then found a less busy spot, and got out, took more pics, then back to wait for a family to leave, then out and walked a little, and took more pics. After that, i headed to the park band shell, a half hour before a concert by the municipal band. Got out, and strutted to to bleachers, and sat. Soon, three senior citizens sat next to me on my left, and i said some thing to them about how good the band is there. Two of them were friendly, graceful. One, was obviously not impressed by what she saw and heard! i said something else, but she remained stoic. Oh well, enjoyed the concert, left a little early, stopped at a closed post office, on the way home, and took some photos in the post office, got home 10:30 pm, and did not put guy things back over, just got out as Alice and walked across the street, unlocked the door, with the motion lights on me, and went in. Very tired now. It went well, but it is kind of tough, being the loner, no one to talk with. But, i am used to being alone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 06-29-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Hi Alice, Good for you, sorry to hear about your turmoil. I am happy you had such a good day, I don't know if I could have sat through a concert let alone conversing with the mundanes while en fem. Sounds like a fulfilling trip. Thanks for sharing it with us, I look forward to my time out. Take care, Brenda

Thanks Brenda! I am a very nervous, a bit paranoid person, but, i had to remember, I am the only one who knows me, there, They do not know me from Eve, and blocked the fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    It went well, but it is kind of tough, being the loner, no one to talk with. But, i am used to being alone.
    Alice,

You're experiences certainly mirror mine and I expect many others. When I go out 90% + of the time it's just me trying to blend into the crowd. Occasionally there's an interaction with someone and again like your experience the odd person will be a little "off". However the majority are at worst civil, at best down right friendly. Perhaps for some of us that's our lot in life!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

This is a good story but your photo's date is 2004! Now you're gonna have to make the trip again after setting the date on your camera
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Beautiful dress Alice that's a nice color on you

Ressie, I did go out yesterday, and the camera is the reason it says 2004. It is an older used camera, that is dated 2004. Thanks Leigh, and Helen! I overcame my fear this time.

congratulations on getting out just as said you would.

Aleca, Thank you. I am not always in the mood, or gutsy enough to get out. I do have to go to towns far from where i live. I hope to go out mosst Tuesday afternoons and evenings, to attend the municipal brass band concerts. But, it is an older crowd, there, and i hope there are no confrontations ahead. It is a liberal college town, though. I still lacck the guts to go to a gay bar, or any bar dressed. Alcohol can make people do rash things. But i would like to try it just once. Not really a bar person.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Ressie, I did go out yesterday, and the camera is the reason it says 2004. It is an older used camera, that is dated 2004.
    I had one like that. I had to reset the date every time the batteries were changed. Anyway, I was just pulling your leg hun. Maybe you can make to Saugatuck, Michigan sometime and go to a gay bar filled with crossdressers.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Ressie, I know, Its ok. I need a better sense of humor~ I don't yet know how to reset the dare on these three digital cameras. That might be an experience. Do you go to that gay bar with a bunch of dressers? I would like to try it once, but am not into noisy ear splitting types of music, and crowds. Only once! I always enjoy your posts.