Thread: My true image

My true image

After reviewing some pics of myself, I wondered, am I being true to myself if I want to use make-up to alter my appearance to look like a different person? After viewing many pics of members who posted here and look like GG's, for those who do and can it's wonderful and I'm sure a part of how they identify. But if I am honest with myself and just the clothes are an expression of a facet of my personality why would I not want to look like myself ?, sure make-up to hide(many a flaw) and/or enhance my appearance and soften the edges towards the femme but still be the face I see in the mirror of my birth gender. I mean a female version of myself.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Read only
    I forego the makeup all the time. I make sure I am clean shaven, and, if I do want to look somewhat casual with makeup it is lip gloss/lip stick. I like the sight of lip stick on the rim of my coffee cup. I do not know of too many women who do full makeup when resting at home or doing domestic chores. My personal opinion is makeup should be used to accentuate a woman's features, and, not applied like plaster on a wall to hide perceived defects.

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    I always said I would prefer to look like my old avatar the same goes for my new one only more so. It feels so right when I look like that, it's as natural as I can get . I know you have the advantage of your own hair, mine just wouldn't grow enough all over to achieve that. It's an odd thing but I didn't think I could wear a wig for any length of time but it just doesn't bother me, the more you do it the less you are aware of it.

I try to look like a hot 30 something male (at 50 it no longer works),
    I try to look like a 30 year old woman (and fail except in my mind).

But I also enjoy looking like a 50 something female - so a shave and lipstick works on those days.
    I think it's not about tring to put forward an image, but to just be happy with where your at in life
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Allisa, it sounds as if u like seeing a familiar image in your mirror.

Personally, I prefer seeing an attractive, young woman who doesn't look anything at all like me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would say that a lot depends on what you are really trying to accomplish.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning