Thread: En-femme at a restaurant where male me is a regular

En-femme at a restaurant where male me is a regular

Today I went out in the afternoon en-femme, primarily to get my acrylic nails touched up and get a pedicure. I got out of the nail spa at the start of rush hour traffic, so I went shopping for a few hours at a large mall, which fortunately I didn't need to pass through a congested area to get to. Bought several new sets of earrings, then headed for home once traffic had died down.

It was dinner time when I got home. My daughter and I have been in the habit lately of going out to dinner on Wednesday nights, to a local restaurant that has a 'free pie with your meal' special on Wednesdays. The thing is, while I went to that restaurant a few times with my daughter while en-femme when we first got to this town, for the last three months or so we've been there almost every week with me in male mode. So the manager and most of the staff all know us as regulars... But they know the adult with my daughter is her dad. And the waitress that waits on us most often knows I am a widower.

I didn't feel like getting out of girl mode, so we went there with me en femme.

The manager acted like he didn't know me. In my male mode, he would know we don't care if we get a table or a booth. Either is fine, and we will take whichever is open first. But he asked Ceera her preference, and he didn't say 'welclome back, good to see you again,' like he usually does.

We happened to get a waitress who was unfamiliar with us, but two others who would usually at least greet me in male mode, even if I wasn't in their section, also acted like they didn't know me, and walked past us several times without a second glance.

On the way out, I tipped and paid in cash, rather than using my male self's debit card. Everyone had been pleasant and treated me like any other female customer. But despite me having my daughter with me, no one seemed to realize the lady with her was her dad.

I'm impressed, means you were looking good.
    Serveral serving girls know both aspects of me and I always get asked if I'm having my regular - which I do
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Really a great experience.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have found the same thing when I go in a place where I usually go in boyish mode.
    They never come out and ask questions maybe because they want to be polite.
    I wouldn't care if they would ask, I'm not hiding anything.

I recently had a similar experience. I went shopping at my regular Super Walmart while dressed en femme. First time. This is the walmart that I do all my shopping even dressed as my guy self. A few employees recognized me. I had several customers say hi to me. That never happens when I am in guy mode. My concern in Walmart is running into someone that knows me. That has happened several times but each time I was in guy mode. Anyway no problems. Did considerable walking almost all over walmart in all areas. No issues nothing else happened.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Eventually Heather you will run into someone you know if you go out enfemme frequently.
    Its happened to me but I don't make a big deal over it.
    If they recognize me so what? I'm not hiding.

I'm known in both "modes" at several establishments and I am treated generally the same but some times I find that en femme I am treated just a bit more "delicately" and even have had(both) my names remembered. I have one very nice woman refer to my male clothing as my "uniform" and always compliments me on my femme outfits and even asked once if I was "going out on a date later" because I was dressed a bit more "festive". Ceera maybe they were taken aback by your femme presence and did not want to make you feel uncomfortable in a public setting.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.