Thread: Steppin' Up

Steppin' Up

Well, last week I wore my blouse, skirt, nylons and forms, with jewelry, to the local ice cream store. I wished I had shaved, but hadn't, so I forced myself not to remove anything while going through the drive through. Well, today I also wore my wig, the first time it's ever been out in public. I wished again that I had shaved, and shaved my arms as well, but again I forced myself to go through with it. I'm sure I gave the kids that work there something to talk about. I guess it's a blow for the crossdressers of this city since I was obviously not trying to pass. Hurray!! I will continue!

One step at a time. Everyone goes at their own pace. It is doubtful you will ever pass. It is just a matter of degrees and almost nobody passes. We all just move along on our journey!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

That happened to me at Wendy's once. No biggie.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Barbara,
    If you go out regular it may be better to make shaving a daily routine, if I dress or not I always shave my face chest and legs every day, hands and arms can usually last the week but I feel far more confident and worry far less what people might think if I'm clean shaven. Going out to me means doing the best I can for my appearance, I am not going to pass but as someone who had passed on her comments about my pictures did say I looked convincing , being a guy in a dress is not for me !

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    It is all about one's own pace.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Reality Check
    It's not against the law to go out in public dressed as a woman but with a beard, but it is considered unusual or "weird" by most folks.

For many of us, doing this could impact our marriages, social lives and careers. For others, it might not.

Personally, I'm all in or all out. There's Krisi and there's Homer. There's no "Kromer".

I'm settled on being a guy in a dress- "I yam what I yam!" as the cartoon character Popeye so famously said-
    I've been going out for the past year shopping or to the museum or park, hardware store,etc. and I think for most people it doesn't matter much- if they know you are a man they know there is a beard there somewhere! Crossdressing is basically understood by most people, and while in some parts of town people look at me a little nervously- [think Abraham Lincoln in a skater dress and slinky top], and teens laugh [but when I look straight at them they settle down], since people understand that for some of us it is important enough that we are willing to be a little odd.

I think trying to pass works because basically women do a lot of work to get all dolled up,and it makes sense that a man would try to do the same work, so that is respected, but it still involves judgment- which is also heaped on women for their efforts. I'm hoping gradually people will just let others dress the way they want, and life will be better for everyone.P1060284.jpg
    We are all beautiful...!

Reality Check
    I see you live in San Francisco. Many folks on the other coast don't recognize California (and San Francisco in particular) as being part of the USA (It's a joke, nobody needs to get huffy about it.)

Seriously, I don't think you would be accepted in my part of the country as well as you apparently are in your part of the country. I'm not suggesting that people would cause you physical harm but walking around town in that outfit would negatively affect your social life and your career.

Theresa, I don't go out regularly, but I do feel much more relaxed when I'm shaved and dressed to any extent. First of all, I would have to deal with telling my wife that I was shaving because of my dressing when I do go out, but I think she'd be okay with that. After all, she has sent me out on errands while I was dressed, figuring that I might not change before I left (she was right). Personally, I think I would like to pass to the extent that I'm not blaring out that I'm a man in a dress, but with my body size and movements, I always will.
    Phili: Cute dress, no matter who's wearing it.

Philli what a nice dress! You wear it very well. I too have a beard. I don't dare go out dressed (my issues). I dream of the day when I can ditch the beard and try make up.

Reality Check
    Does your job require a beard? Why not shave and be done with it?