Thread: Everyone knows a CDer !

Banned Read only

Everyone knows a CDer !

OK that is an exaggeration but even in my small town the more I talk to people the more they tell me about a CDer they know.
    This story came about when I asked in a costume and party shop if they supply or sell forms for men who wish to hire women's costumes. A really nice SA started to explain the basics about a bra and what to fill it with , so I then went on to tell her that I'd actually come in to buy some balloons to make my own forms. She had never heard of the water filled double balloon idea and was very intrigued. I bought enough to make a two different sizes in white and then the same in black to use inside a strapless bra and a bustier.
    As she was cashing up she then told me about " Angie " who regularly attends a social card playing evening with their partners. She said at first it raised a few eyebrows but now Angie even comes into the shop.
    As I left I told her I may be back to show her the forms, she asked how would I be dressed , I smiled but added I might bring some pictures if she had no objections.
    The next day I popped in , she was impressed with the forms and then I showed her the set of pictures from my social meetings, one of which is my avatar, she was a little shocked. I asked is it because most women have the vision a man in a badly fitting dress with appalling makeup, she said partly, Angie doesn't look bad but I would have totally fooled her .

So now my seamstress friend has told me she has several CDing clients, the male SA came out to me in my opticians when I asked for female glasses.
    The question has been asked many times on the forum about the numbers of CDers, there are definitely more about than was first thought, it does feel like everyone I talk knows one. I guess the best thing for us to do is grasp the nettle and be open and come out, the more we do it the more others will join us !
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-07-2016 at 01:58 PM.

The woman at the blood lab collection point didn't even bat an eyelid and neither did I when I gave her my name & address
    So I reckon there are CDers everywhere.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Wow...I couldn't agree more. I firmly believe there are many, many more of us out there than known. Really....if there was a survey...who'd be honest enough to admit it? Maybe a few. We live in the Bible belt Midwest and I can assure you the local folks are definitely not ready for us. With all the hullabaloo about rest rooms, transgender, etc. I think these issues make us even more cautious. Also, there's no way to account for the "underneathers"...they count. I also believe, the harshest critics are probably Cdressers too....total hypocrisy. I'm one of the lucky ones with a wonderful supportive wife....however we are very careful/cautious. We've ventured out at night...out of town mall, but not relaxed...car accident, police, etc. Last time out, someone recognized my car honked and waved. whew. I'm a 100%er, but also enjoy wearing underneath.

I agree, there are a lot more CD's then are letting on. But I know one thing, I had a very rough week and when that happens, I can't wait to get home and slip into something comfy and sexy too, do my makeup, nails to, and snuggle up on the couch with my glass of wine. It is like the world fell off of my shoulders and I am completely a whole different person. Wonder sometimes why that is. But it an amazing stress reliever so I guess that I will never change it. Crazy how some things are in life I guess.
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

It's not really a surprise to those of us who pay attention. One out of forty. Most people know about 300 others by name. So that would be at least 7 that each person knows, whether they are aware of it or not (I don't count the half person).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    I kind of agree with Nancy about the midwest beliefs but not so sure that they are correct. I'm not ready to crawl out of my closet but I do often wonder what it would be like if I did. The hullabaloo about transgender bathrooms was here in the upper midwest but a times I felt like it was a minority making the noise. There were letters to the editor, writers on blogs, etc threatening all types of actions that would happen if they saw a "man in a dress" enter the women's bathroom. But when visiting with groups of people over a beer or in some other social gathering I found that the majority thought there were way bigger issues in the country than who was using who's bathroom.

My state is very conservative but the minority make the noise and often the majority consider those always complaining about something as pretty much "quacks" and think they need to get a life. Maybe progress is being made and we sometimes don't see it. The most recent big argument in this state dealt with LBGT rights. Lots of noise but most i visited with wondered what the noise was about. There feelings were "Don't we have laws that say everyone is to be treated equally?" And "Why would anyone be denied a job or a place to live based on their sexuality?" Reality is many times more accurate than perceptions.

I remember on The Newlywed Game, many wives divulging their husbands dressing up in their underwear, nighties, dresses, etc. Who wouldn't want to feel such exquisite fabrics against their skin?

I feel confident that many men have dressed up before and like it very much, but cannot allow themselves the latitude to feel feminine even for a thrill. They feel guilt and self loathing that they could consider such non-masculine behavior, so even though they really desire to put on those panties their wife left on the floor, they just can't bring themselves to do it.

But, THEY say that we are about .2 percent of the population.

How many women have you seen wearing male clothing? Are they considered CD? So many women wear a grey hoody, jeans and a t shirt. That used to be strictly male clothing. But, you see a man in a flowered shirt with hair touching his ears, well, he's one of those people ;-)

So glad to hear this from you Teresa. You echo what I've found. Apparently there are loads of trans in my own town, I just somehow rarely see or meet any, but we're here, allover, and probably more like 2% than 0.2%.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Pamela,
    I'm not sure if you saw my thread about the dilemma over the proposed changes to the 2021 national census. They are wanting to get a more definite number to offer better facilities for the TG/TS community. Also there was an announcement that they plan to drop the need for a doctor's letter before changing your gender on your passport, there are more changes being planned to make it easier for our community. It does make the bathroom issue in the states look slightly antiquated .

Even my small town is putting itself on the map !

Yes, I've seen a cd in a local town.. No wig, just a sundress, pantyhose, and sandals. Looked okay and didn't a hoot what people thought. My wife didn't see him come into the coffee shop, by my radar picked it up rights away. She was repulsed, but I was jealous that I couldn't be in his sandals!

Aspiring Member
    Hi Teresa,
    Fully support you and agree with you. I am working my way out - in-laws know, brother, a friend of a wife (wife and kids know for a while). Walkin the dog after 10PM dressed and see occasionally cars (I don't wear makeup).
    Interestingly, It took me over 30 years to come out to my brother, and when I did, he said he felt the same as a kid but the desire to dress didn't stick past teen years.

I've personally never met one in person. I've never even seen one. I'd like to know someone though

Banned Read only
    Charlessa,
    Until January of this year I hadn't met one dressed then, I joined my social group and in one night met about 45. It was a buffet and dance so I ended up dancing dressed for the first time ! Quite an evening .