Thread: Acceptance brings people out

Acceptance brings people out

Last week the Massachusetts legislature did their final vote on a transgender acceptance bill and the Governor signed it and there was great rejoicing.

Today while driving down my street I saw a couple out walking. I've seen them before when I was out walking (en femme) and we always smiled back and greeted each other as we passed. They seemed very friendly. What I saw today, though, was that he (err...she? err...the usual male of the pair) was out walking in a mid-length wool skirt and a very nice long-sleeve top (chilly day.) I'm so thrilled! I wonder if the new law drew them out? I'm hoping next time I see them we can stop and trade pronouns.

Good for Massachusetts and the couple out for a walk!🌺

Good for Massachusetts!! Now we need the other 49 states to follow suit!!! Hugs LanaMae

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice!
    This is what America is about. What made this country great was the opposite of what is happening in too many places here now. We used to accept folks that were different. Folks with different ideas. Folks that looked different and from different cultures. They only needed to want to fit in, and work hard to make their dreams come. And, as long as they didn't hurt or bother others and supported our country, they were welcomed.

The trans folks I've met, (100's, at least), have been pretty remarkable. To me, they represent the hopes and ideals the made America a success. I applaud Mass for being in the forefront of those recognizing this fact!

I hope u see many more trans come out of hiding, Jennie. The more they do, the more vanilla citizens will realize how lucky they r to live near a trans!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That is awesome news,
    hopefully the rest of the world will start accepting and follow suit.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    Great story, I honestly think there are a LOT more of us occupying this planet than the typically accepted .3% (and how did 'they' get that number)?

My good friend Sara is on the Ma. Governors Council and guided that bill all the way to being signed. As a Ma. home stater,I wish that all states could just accept and protect our rights.

I am pretty amazed that Massachusetts got that bill passed since they sided with Texas on the bathroom bills. So great for the them to that.
    Part Time Girl

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    ...I'm hoping next time I see them we can stop and trade pronouns.
    This made me laugh on a crappy work morning.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I don't think that will happen any time soon here in the heart of the Bible belt. Too many over the top bible thumpers of all faiths, and too narrow minded to see the big picture. ( After all the potty bills started in this neck of the woods. )

that's awesome Jennie, maybe you have some new friends there?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Jennie,
    I hope you're right in your assumption, maybe next time you see them you may get a chance to strike up a conversation.

I thought about a couple of points here , first I had a thread recently titled, " Everyone knows a CDer," I've found the more I talk to people about my dressing the more I hear about other CDers .

The other point is the UK national census in 2021 is planning to introduce more questions to help the TG community . It will want a clearer picture of the numbers of TSs in the various stages of transition and possibly the numbers of the TG community in counselling. the idea is to provide a better service , obviously the statistics will be used to give clearer idea of what part of the NHS budget to allocate.

Another interesting change is the dropping the requirement for a doctor's letter before an alteration to gender can be made on UK passports, apparently other changes are being planned to allow TGs/TSs greater freedom .

So the UK could start to see changes in the community and many more people coming out of the closet.

Great news for my home state!

Just hope some of the old stiffs can start to accept it too!

Just to put the frosting on this -- today is October 1st 2016 and the transgender protection bill is now law in Massachusetts. We are fully protected; bathrooms and locker rooms are sorted by gender identity, not sex; people falsely claiming to be transgender for improper purposes can be cited (so no Mike Huckabees in our locker rooms. ) Yay Mass!!
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Great news Jennie. Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

That is good news for the transgender population of Massachusetts. Congratulations.

Mass has never been one of my favorite states, mainly because of the
    sox, pats, bruins and celtics! but i will make an exception this one time
    and applaud them!! yay Mass!!
    paula