Thread: Finally went outside in heels

Finally went outside in heels

I've been out and about in my ballet flats many times, and have walked around the block late at night in my heels, but yesterday I finally got up the nerve to go out in public in broad daylight wearing my black heels.
    I didn't walk far, only about a quarter mile or so, but there were people, and I did cross two streets at a busy intersection.
    This all might not seem like much to the more advanced cross dressers, but it was a major milestone for me, becoming more confident in my dressing. I enjoyed those few minutes.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

It is a milestone - glad things went so well

Great , Amy!! Onward and upward! One step at a time! (pun not intended) Hugs Lana Mae

Amy,

Getting out there in daylight is a major step (no pun intended) for any of us. Just pick your locations with care so as to stay safe, it's very easy to get caught up in your own success and get carried away. Having said that I hope this is the start of a whole new chapter in your CD'ing journey.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by AmyVanessa View Post
    I didn't walk far, only about a quarter mile or so, but...
    Wouldn't this be more of a quarterstone?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good for you.
    Keep stepping it up a notch or two each time you go out.

Congrats!!! I'm still working on my walk before I go out in heels
    Caitlin

Congratulation Amy! I was so scared going out in the light my first time, I was shaking half an hour after I got back. Have fun steeping into the light, and thank you for sharing. Brenda

Silver Member
    Any milestone is a great one. Even the most "advanced" of us, as you say, (and that DOESN'T include me) has had the same milestone at some point and it was just as big a moment to us (including me) as it was to you. I am proud of anyone in this forum who pushes their personal envelope because it advances the visibility and acceptability of us all.

Ah yes, I remember my first time out in heels. Thanks to my supportive wife, I'd been practicing walking like a woman to the point she thought I looked good. She suggested I wear my 2" heels for the first few times out. Good advice. It was an exhilarating experience. I couldn't wait to wear my Pleaser 4" heels. Unfortunately, we live in a small nosy town where most women dress very plainly...drab and never wear high heels or pantyhose. So, we went to an out of town shopping center. I was nervous and almost "chickened out", but her encouragement pulled me through. She reminded me...smaller steps, shoulders back, elbows in, no eye contact, etc. We walked around for a while and left. She said she saw a few glances, but probably because no one wears heels or hose around here. Sad.

awesome. only reason I havnt wore heels is I can't seem to get my size in store. one day....

wearing heels out, listening to them click on the cement, really is an experience. Last year I went to a metro park and spent quite sometime walking around the walk paths and while it didn't hurt my legs or feet, it really felt like the whole world could hear those heels with every step I took. My SO was with me and said I did pass pretty well though she felt under dressed next to me and we only came across one guy on a bike as he pedaled by fast enough not to get a good look, still it felt great.

You'll do it a bit longer and a bit more often now that you have made it out there cause you'll always want to. I know I do but the opportunity hasn't presented itself to me yet
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

My first walk outside in heels (4" pleasers) was this past winter. I cannot tell you how many times I stood inside my Hotel Room door with my heart beating out of my chest. until I finally decided damn everything, I am going for it. I too was shaking like a leaf for half an hour afterwards, but then again, I never felt so alive. Believe it or not, each time gets easier and easier...

I have only gone out in heels a few times. The farthest I've gone is around the block walking our dog.

Amy, Way to go! Short walks in black high heels is so exciting! About a month ago, got nerve to walk at a university park, in my five inch black heels.

I have never gone out in heels but I love wearing them I drive in them all the time

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyVanessa View Post
    This all might not seem like much to the more advanced cross dressers, but it was a major milestone for me, becoming more confident in my dressing. I enjoyed those few minutes.
    One of the things that you hear from amateur athletes is the term Personal Best. It doesn't have anything to do with anyone else. It is personal. So, for right now, this is your Personal Best. Glad you enjoyed it.

DeeAnn

It's amazing to just go for it and it only gets better the more you go out

I'd be interested to know what kind of heels the OP wore in her first outing? That important detail seems to have been left out!!

Were they kitten heels?
    Or 4" stilettos?
    Or 5" platforms?

These were my 2-inch black pumps. My beginner heels, they were the first pair I bought for myself, and now the first I wear out.
    Thank you for your kind words ladies. My next entry will be about wearing them in stores.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

Platinum Member
    Hi Amy, You are out there now, There is no turning back anymore......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Three giveaways:
    1. Failure to “blend”.
    2. Too much makeup
    3. Oversized wig; breast forms; heels too tall
    Good luck and stay safe.