Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have you learned??

Hi Lisa, My self being 75 I find that I have learned that almost no one cares. I live my women life about 70 % of the time. My wife an I go out together quite a bit. My wife is taller then me so as I pass very well there is no problem for me. My wife was a model an a part time actriss so she has give me a lot of tips to make me look better. I have loss a lot of weight so that helps, as I find that most women my age have sometimes a bigger roll then me. Jo

I've learned to accept other aspects of myself, unrelated to crossdressing, that I was embarrassed about.

Great thread Nicole. Sheesh, where to begin on this one...

1st I guess would be that since I was 7 or so, until my late forties, about 40 years according to my mathematics, I felt like a failure as a man. For those four decades, I was basically trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Not being able to do so (which cannot be done lest you break one of them) always made me feel I was a failure. Why can't I just be like other men??? To myself I have come up with a slogan, I am not a failure, I am just feminine.

I have learned just how powerful and how toxic denial and repression can be, both with my gender variance and my substance abuse. I have learned just how complex the human mind really can be. I have learned how much stress I had been carrying about all my life.

I have learned now why minorities are or can be sensitive to their being a minority. I never understood that sensitivity until I discovered, or at least admitted that I myself am a minority. I have learned how there are a great many wonderful loving caring and accepting people there are, and conversely, how many unloving, uncaring hateful non accepting people there are as well.

On the lighter side, I have learned to walk in heels, flutter my eyelashes, and do my nails all fairly decently.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Read only
    This is a great thread Nicole! I've learned that we're all human beings and despite my 'I'll fight ya'...icon...that's really not who I am! I might be living in a bubble of acceptance buy I've learned that people generally accept... other people...

As for the 'male privilege'...that's still a topic for hot debate that I'm not ready (comfortable enough) for!

I've learned that accepting and embracing who I truly was has enriched my life so much more.

I realize that it's all part of the journey that for years I tried to ignore and suppress. By embracing that journey I've learned that expressing my feminine side is a part of me and always will be.

I've also learned that I really love to shop!!