Thread: MLB Ballparks dressed?

Silver Member

MLB Ballparks dressed?

I enjoy watching baseball games, but because there isn't a MLB franchise in my city, I don't get to go very often, maybe once or twice a year. My nearest team is in Seattle, and when I go through the gates, a PA announcer lists the rules of conduct, including words to the effect of "This is a family friendly environment, blah blah blah."

The message I'm hearing is loud and clear: "Don't bring your LGBT crap in here, buster." And I've never tested it by wearing a skirt or dress to the game, however inoffensive it might be (if a woman wears it). I get it. Sports and athletes are less progressive than average, and the venue is private property, not public.

But I still want to ask, does anyone have any experience attending a pro sports event while dressed? If so,what tips can you give?

When I was in SF, I never had a problem at the AT&T Park. Never had a problem. Know others who have visited other stadiums around the country and they never had a problem. I would not think Seattle would be an issue. When I hear family friendly environment, I hear don't get stupid and obnoxious drunk.

Back in May, another crossdresser and her girlfriend and I went to an Atlanta Braves game at Turner Field in Atlanta. We were treated like any other baseball fan. As near as we could tell, no one really gave us any particular attention. I wore a baseball cap, t-shirt, casual skort, and tennis shoes. I was dressed like many other women in the crowd. I'm sure I must have been read by at least a few, but it didn't present any problem. If you dress appropriate for the venue and are clearly there just to see the game, you shouldn't have any problems. Have fun at the game. I did.
    Turner Field.jpg
    Phoebe

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Phoebe has it right, dress like most any female would and not like a 2 dollar hooker and you should be fine.
    I went with a few T girls to a minor league game here and we had a great time.
    There were 5 of us and as we bought tickets the group of women in front of us asked us to sit with them so we did.
    Had a blast with the ladies and they said they had a great time with us.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-19-2016 at 07:13 PM.

I imagine the announcements were referring to bad language and abusive behaviour rather than acceptance of the LGBT community.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The announcement has nothing to do with LGBT and I don't know how you came up with that idea.
    Is it possible you haven't quite accepted who you are?

Banned Read only
    You're looking for a controversy where there isn't one. Those announcements are aimed more towards the people who tend to get drunk and rowdy.

Dress like you're supposed to be there and not the Kentucky Derby.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    ...when I go through the gates, a PA announcer lists the rules of conduct, including words to the effect of "This is a family friendly environment, blah blah blah."

The message I'm hearing is loud and clear: "Don't bring your LGBT crap in here, buster." ...

Suzanne, you are reading between lines that do not exist. "Family Friendly" means: do not drink to excess, do not curse, keep your clothes on. It does NOT have any connection to LGBT. In fact, Seattle is probably the best if not second best (AT&T Park in SF) place to go. Seattle is extremely LGBT friendly.

Banned Read only
    I've gone to many Seattle Mariner and their minor league affiliate many times since the inception of the Mariners. Those announcements are aimed at poor behavior of fans and has nothing to do LGBT community. Frankly, if you get out of line at a Tacoma Rainiers game you'll get the boot. Family friendly means no foul language. No getting drunk.

Suzanne.

In the past you might have been correct. Safeco field has been in the news in the past. In 2008 a Lesbian couple got tossed form the stadium. They never really got to the bottom of what transpired. A lady complained about their behavior. What it doesn't mention is where they where sitting. Where they in the family friendly section. IE No alcohol. No Swearing. Where they near it? How much where they kissing? That is had to tell. One person's heavy petting is anothers peck on the cheek. BTW. That area is for little kids to stay away from the drunks.

Here is a link to the article. http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=4964861&page=1

Also. Here a copy of the code of conduct from fans. You should be fine to go.

Guest Code of Conduct
    The Seattle Mariners are committed to creating a safe, clean and friendly experience for our guests at Safeco Field. Our staff will proactively intervene to support an environment where guests can enjoy the Safeco Field experience, free from unacceptable behavior, including the following:

Foul/abusive language or obscene gestures
    Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption
    Use of tobacco products, in any form or electronic cigarettes
    Displays of affection not appropriate in a public, family setting
    Obscene or indecent clothing
    Any disruption of the game or event, including throwing of objects or trespassing on the playing field or in other restricted areas
    Sitting in a location other than the guest's ticketed seat
    Fighting, taunting, or making threatening remarks or gestures
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I've known other tg/cd girls who went to mariners games at safeco presenting female and they had no problem. I'd agree with the many other folks on here. Family friendly isn't about LGBT necessarily. It's about not being disruptive and causing a problem for others at the game.

hmm seattle is a pretty liberal town compared to the wenatchee area where i am so I like others here do not feel the message was directed at those of us who choose to go "dressed" to a game some incidents Like the one natash mentioned I can see happening if the people involved are over the top behaviour wise there are some I have seen in the gay community that go out of their ay to make a public statement by their actions ,if you go dressed and act as a publicly polite and civil individual then there should be no problem
    hugs phylis anne

Silver Member
    I guess I was extrapolating from my own experience as a player. Where I play, the locker room talk runs from conservative to Redneck, so you avoid LGBT topics and get on with the game.

A couple of years ago, I went with my team to a major international tournament, and we did most things together as a group. On our way back to the hotel after dinner, I was persuaded to take off my shoes and splash around in a fountain. Some of our group spied my burgundy painted toenails and the word spread. To my surprise and dismay, the attention my toenails got, while not negative, was excessive and it became an on field distraction to some.

So, no, I don't have a lack of self acceptance. What I do have is an incomplete understanding of the finer details of American culture and attitudes. While I see there are overall improvements in public acceptance, there are still places where problems can occur.

Silver Member
    Even if you dressed like you were going to the Kentucky Derby, I doubt the management would give you any problems. As long as your private parts are properly covered I can't imagine wearing a skirt or dress would be a problem. Might get some looks from other fans, but I doubt the management would care as long as you are properly covered where you need to be when in public.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    A simple colorful floral themed spring/summer Kentucky Derby style dress worn to a MLB game might not be too startling. But sipping mint juleps while everyone else is guzzling cheap tap beer might be a giveaway that you do not quite fit in.

And, wearing one of those wide-brimmed "Southern Belle" hats adorned with flowers, feathers, bows & ribbons will NOT endear you with any nearby spectators trying to view the ballgame.

Come to San Francisco..... not a problem at all.... we just had Hello Kitty night here last week....

My only concern is having my makeup run while sitting in the bleachers on a hot and sunny day. I usually wear shorts and a tee shirt over white tennis shoes.