Thread: Ponderings from an old queen........

Ponderings from an old queen........

With the growing acceptance of our culture, I often wonder what I'd be like if I'd been born 30 or 40 years later in life. I started with Mother's things at a very early age and once able to venture out, I did without a care. To me our little town seemed like a big old world and who would know little ol me dressed up so pretty. When I look back, I do so in astonishment at my daring, for certainly putting two and two together wasn't very hard in such a small town.

Today everyone has a camera in their pocket, instant proof of what they saw last night. Do the girls of today that feel compelled to be seen worry about such?

Is it easier in high school when everyone knows you like to wear women's clothes?

It's clear we are everywhere, we can be found on social media easy as pie. Makes me wonder how many of my high school chums were just like me?

I wonder is it easier today to be open about our needs? Or was it easier behind the closet, so to speak?

I do know I'd been passable a lot sooner in life if I'd had all the makeup tutorials available today and for that I'm sad.

In retrospect, I suppose I'd be a full time girl if I'd know then what I know now, how could I not be, one can be so pretty today.......

Just some longing thoughts, I felt like sharing.........

I most certainly agree with you, it does seem a little easier now. The younger ladies in my support group seem to have no problems going out and presenting themselves to the world as their true selves. The internet seems to be the biggest enabler for us, just knowing we are not alone. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Must be catching especially among my age CD's. I've wondered almost the same thing except about the camera, now you given me something else to ponder. Back in the good old days we were just happy to have a few of moms old hose, girdles, old lipstick, slips and etc. to play dress up in when we got old enough to stay at home while mom ran to town to get something.
    I would bet though that in answer to your question about high school being easier would be how big your school is. There was some very rough and tumble football jocks ( me being one) in my high school and ID have died on the spot if any of them knew I dabbled in moms stuff. It might have been easier in other states but in Texas many are rural and most are very straight forward on their thinking and most of the followers do what the school leaders start.
    I would bet some of my cronies in crime had inner feelings and soft spots about feminine things in high school, but I also bet that if they pursued the feelings they would have had to move out of town back then.
    I agree about the girls have more ways to be pretty today than back then. I love my makeup and it is a far cry better today than moms old lipstick, rouge, powder and blush. The under clothing though, I'm not sure as I think the slips, panties girdles, bras, and hose felt dang good many years ago. I can also say maybe it was because I was a young lad that enjoyed the feelings and expermenting with a very big imagination more than I do today at a much older age.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If I were in my 20's I would have already transitioned.

Silver Member
    Ah yes I've often wondered how I would be living today if I was in my early 20s. I was fortunate to pass in my teens and 20s. I enjoyed being able to experience being accepted as a girl. While today I wear women's things gone are the days of passing. On clothing I enjoy the present, but have loving memories of slips, garters and nylons. It was such fun letting just enough lace show when sitting. The fun of a hand sliding up your leg and finding skin at the top of your nylons. In my case I was fortunate to find a girl who enjoyed my dressing. We enjoyed going out with two guys as their platonic dates.

While today the world is more liberal about gender issues many other things make it a challenge to remain under cover. Trolls walking the isles of Walmart and other stores taking pictures to put on social media are ever-present.

I, too, wonder what it would have been like in the 50's and 60's if I could have been able to pass as a woman and experience the thrill of being to pass. Unfortunately, those years are far gone and I have only the remaining years to try to fulfill my dream.

I've worked as a therapist in drug and alcohol rehab programs for over 11 years, mostly with adolescents (and worked with the glbtq community as well. I've noticed gender being more fluid, and issues being accepted by the youngest kids, like the high school age kids now. They are so accepting. I might have been dressing in public if I had this access to acceptance.

That's what I always wanted, a safe person or people to be my self. Some days a dude and some days a chicka.

We set up signs on the kids doors who were exploring there gender. They would say different things for different kids, but they basically said male, female, both, neither, other. The kids would express themselves however they felt and were always accepted.

This next generation will be and is very tolerant. They may be the most tolerant and willing to explore gender ever!