Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody actually having sex?

Is anybody actually having sex? Trans only please.

A friend posted a Facebook question about orientation among trans people. I was surprised how many people answered asexual, or asexual (not by choice). It made me think of my close friends, members of my social/support group, and other trans people I know.
    Regardless of age, or stage of transition, we seem to not be having a whole lotta sex.
    I was in a relationship for a short while, and in my case (pre op) I found sex a bit confusing. As a male(?) I found sex VERY confusing. Some I know have changed preference, which is supposed to be impossible, and don't quite know how to deal with that. Alot of us have a very hard time finding a partner.
    Who's having sex, and who's not? Would you if you found a compatible partner? Are you still attracted to the same sex as you were previously? Is your ideal date staying home and watching T.V.? Is it important to you, now, or in the future?
    Not a survey, I just want to see how some other people feel about this. Please don't make this another who's gay, and who's not thread.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 07-21-2016 at 02:24 PM.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Self imposed celebasy at the moment....
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

For the past 20-25 years never really had sex with someone, my partner was not into sex anymore and I couldn't be the active partner for long. So I guess I am Asexual (Not by Choice). Mostly just masturbation and that has become less and less.

Since her death, when I was 63, I have decided to go out and explore what is possible. I have had 2 hook-ups or whatever with men. Mentally satisfying but not physically for me, for them it was. I am afraid that I may not have satisfying physical sex anymore.

As I transitioned I realized the idea of just Hetro/Homo Sexual was too limiting. Always loved women but not as a man could. Never thought of men as sexual partners before SRS. I describe myself as Lesbian w/Pan-Sexual tendencies, as I can enjoy people no matter what they are physically. I have a hard time attracting women, as I am not the active one, but I am trying. In the first 10 years or so Post-Op had partners of either sex. My partner never really thought of us as Lesbian lovers, just lovers.

As far as staying home and just watching TV, I can do that alone. I really do want someone to have fun, go out or staying in, and hope physical sex is part of that.

Jenn- You, Erin and I talked about this last dinner. It was followed by an embarrassing silence.
    Georgette- I think alot of us think in terms of attraction to the person, the parts become secondary, if important at all.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 07-21-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Paula
    People that know me, I don't get embarrassed about talking about sex, past/present/future. I am too old to not talk about most anything.

Mostly it has been with TG/TS friends, and their replies have been all over the place. Had a talk with a CD friend and she says she is Asexual in both modes.

Hi Paula!!!

Sex? ... Yup!!! I'm engaged to a wonderful man and we probably have about the same amount of sex as the average couple in their 50s... He once said to me that people probably envision a lot of crazy kinky sex when you're with a transgender woman and here we are at Target looking for electric toothbrushes and coffe maker filters....

I had relationships all my life with women. I never had any interest in being in a gay relationship with another man but had always wanted a relationship with a man,...as a woman ....One interesting aspect of all this as the way my attraction morphed... I found as transition progressed that my attraction to females melted away... When I looked at a woman who I might have previously been attracted to, I found myself experiencing mostly just envy...("wish I had her hair, skin, eyes etc...) A transwoman friend put forward a theory that resonated with me immediately... That what I had always thought was a healthy attraction to women was on some level, hero worship... As I thought about the greatest relationships of my life... I think she was right...on some level, I wanted to be those women!...

Note: I cut and pasted some of this from a previous post of mine on the "Dating" thread

Cya!
    A
    Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind... 11:11

All sex on hold at the moment - I am in the midst of trying to figure all this out myself- I definately feel there is much more to the story than I've discovered so far... Sex with women is nice, but just doesn't seem right anymore. Sex with men seems complex as i'm not a gay man but not transitioned far enough yet to feel comfortably female in a sexual situation. Stuck in neutral might be a good description?

Edit: no mention of partners/my own genitals here... Thats another question to be figured out

After 9 months since SRS feeling in that area has not come back as fast as want it to so sex at this time would not be that great for me, I want my first time to be all it can be, so I wait.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Can I refuse to answer on the grounds it might incriminate me (wink wink)
    Call me Donna, please

To me Asexual means no real interest in sexual contact. One can still be romantic. My partner and I were romantic, but not sexual. After some ten years or so, I just gave up on the whole sexual thing. Had romance and intimacy just NO sex.

If my partner wanted to have sex, maybe it would have been different.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 07-21-2016 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Reference to deleted post no longer relevant

I am on a very nice relationship with a very good sexual activity, never been attracted to women nothing has changed there...what have changed since HRT is the intensity of how my body react to sex, it has increased enormously without giving too many details sometimes I need to contain myself because I am afraid to scare the neighbors with my screaming.

Hi Paula, I wasn't sure from the end of your subject 'trans only please' if you meant transgender or post op. Weighing in anyway. Definitely a concern for me although not one that will guide me. Currently no. I am where Ashley says she was early in her transition. I want to try guys but I am not physically female in anyway yet. At the same time I can't imagine having sex with women as I used to - like a man. Plus I would feel like I was lying about my gender.

As I start this transition journey I am prepared for a limited sex life but hope to be pleasantly surprised. I know my reply doesn't really help answer your question because we are in far different places on this journey but I thank you for posting the question as I think about it sometimes.

Thanks for answering Kymberley. I was hoping to get opinions from people in all phases of transition.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 07-21-2016 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Reference to deleted post no longer relevant

No sex for me. I just don't care to anymore. I got that feeling after being on Hrt for about a year or so. How much of that is due to age, 60, I don't know though it would seem odd that it I was quite sexual up to the HRT. Can't get erect so that is limiting. I am intimate with my friend Michelle in many ways just not sexually.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

I think I may be asexual. I don't currently nor have I ever had much interest in sex. Maybe that will change when I get SRS someday, but I can't know for sure.

Virgin. As much as I tried being attracted to girls, I could never get turned on down there. And when I did? Trans related thoughts only. And then after coming to terms...men. I'm not focused on dating right now.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Woman first, Trans second
    I have had a bit of sex lately, though not as much as I'd like. For me, sex and relationships are kinda tied together (not into the casual sex thing), so I guess what I'm really saying is that I've had a few potential relationships get to that point, but they just haven't worked out in the longer term (for other reasons). So I'm dating - lots of dates actually, which is good - but I'm still looking for a partner.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

You girls are making me feel like the village floozy!
    Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind... 11:11

Woman first, Trans second
    I'm just jealous of your relationship - I'm not as chaste as the rest of these ladies.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

After nearly 12 months full time presenting as a woman I am still grieving for my ex. I love women and the thought of being with a man is a big turn off for me.
    Anyway the thought of being intimate with a woman is one of the sacrifices that I knew I would have to make, although there are less intimate physical ways of wellbeing such as cuddles.
    I do have actually no desire for sex, no doubt because of HRT for nearly six months and Spiro for almost a year, so I guess I am asexual (not by choice) who loves cuddles and hugs.
    Don't have dates as such and my favourite times are having a meal out with a close friend.
    I find it amazing how one changes. The old days was out watching a game and few beers with a mate or out with my partner.
    Now it is an intimate meal out with a girlfriend. I never seem to have "pregnant pauses" in conversation over 2 or 3 hours like I used too.

Pen

I was never interested before so I've never done it, now that things are falling into place and I'm 99.9% of the way through transition I think I might be ready.

Thing is now I'm old as balls and I have no idea about anything, a fav Leslie Nielsen quote comes to mind:
    "Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel things out."

That being said I can find both sexes attractive but I'm much more likely to trust other women which is kinda big considering it'd be my first.

There.
    Outed as a 30yo virgin :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
    I'm not as chaste as the rest of these ladies.
    Nice to have a fellow floozy sister Zooey!!!!

Banned Read only
    I'm bi and poly. I'm in two relationships, one with my fiancé, and one with my girlfriend. GRS slowed down my sex life over the past year, but it's still there. (Last year I had two girlfriends, in addition to my fiancé. I got more serious with one of them, and ran out of time and energy to maintain three relatinships.) So anyway, yeah, I'm having sex.

If I didn't do so much activism, I'd have a lot more sex.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    Thing is now I'm old as balls and I have no idea about anything, a fav Leslie Nielsen quote comes to mind:
    Uh, don't try and pull that young lady!

You girls are the best !!!! I love how open and honest everyone is ( well OK those of you posting ). So glad I found this place