Thread: So little time, so many girlie things to do!

So little time, so many girlie things to do!

I have 3 nights and two days of Bethany Time coming up and I can't make up my mind how to spend it. Three nights and two full days! Should I:

A. Put on false nails and get to wear them for an extended time staying at home en femme

B. Delay putting the nails on until after getting my hair done at a salon in another town on the first day. I lose time with my lovely nails, but I do get a nice beauty shop experience

I know I really ought to do C: Put the nails on the first evening and go to the salon the following day, but I am not sure I am ready for that!

What do you girls think?

Option C all the way you only live once

I've got an option E;

Does the salon do nails also? Get a set of acrylics for your girl time. You can soak them off in nail polish remover when it's over and it is an experience living with those daggers on your fingers! I've done it a couple of times now and it has always added to the feminine experience.

Good Luck on whatever way you go and let us know how it turns out!

Think it through, then take the option that has just a bit more challenge than you're comfortable with. Enough to make it exciting, but not too far outside your comfort zone.

Karen

If you are going to a beauty salon to get your hair done in a feminine style, how is going with false nails on any more risky? Or are you just going to a unisex salon and getting an androgynous style? Certainly paint your toenails right away.
    Hugs, Ellen

Junior Member Beauty Parlor Bev's Avatar
    I wouldn't want you to be outside of your comfort zone, but I can honestly say that having your hair done while fully en femme is the most wonderful experience! Every time I reach down to adjust the cape and I see my lacquered nails, I get a new rush! Ohh myy! At times you have to push the envelope a bit if you really want to be able to go out down the road! I know the first time I walked into a Beauty Parlor fully dressed, I felt like a condemned (wo)man walking to the gallows! But once that door was opened (literally and figuratively) there was no turning back! It has been wonderful ever since and that was years ago for me. Good luck and enjoy!

Banned Read only
    Bethany,
    It depends if you plan to go out after all the preparation or stay in the closet ? If you're going through all that to stay at home then why waste all that dressing time waiting around in salons. Even now I'm going out I still do it all myself, I feel just as good as some who have been out and had all the prep work done for them.

It's getting the outfit right that makes the difference, people don't see the work in hair, makeup and nails till they're up close , by then you not going to pass anyway, there's always something that gives you away.

Nails on first, salon the next day, followed by intensive shopping.
    Not looking forward to when wife tells me to lose the nails - some time this morning
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Push the envelope and go with option C! From what you have stated this should be about right! I like Linda's option E but also Teresa's idea if you can do your own hair!! Good luck with your decision and whatever YOU decide is what is right!!!LOL Hugs Lana Mae

I think option C also and defiantly go to the salon maybe get a manicure with pink fill and they put clear polish over it.
    Part Time Girl

If option E is not on the table then option C sounds fun!!!
    Caitlin

Another vote for getting a full set of acrylics, either the same place that does your hair, or at a nails-only salon. I started somewhat that way -- only left my first set on for three days or so -- and soon was wearing them full time.

- Diane

I just took my acrylics off yesterday. Got them off amazon (long length) and painted them myself, $15 for everything. IMO, put on nails, the hell with the salon.
    Be careful of the toes you step on today, for they could be connected to the asses you kiss tomorrow.

Silver Member
    Try to work out the logistics to allow either C or the acrylics at a salon. For me being a salon addict, i would do each at a different salon as long as I know they will both be welcoming, almost all are. You should ask the nail tech to skip roughing your nails and don't use the primer and they will come off easier. If one pops off early, have some nail glue in your bag to re-glue it. You will find that having onng nails makes your hand movements and mannerisms so much more ladylike.
    Do you have enough of your own hair to have it styled or is it a wig?
    Also are you doing your own makeup, if you can afford it having a pro do it might be nice too. Now start planning your wardrobe. Whatever you choose, have fun!

If you're going to a salon to get your hair done, the cat's already out of the bag. Do your nails first. Enjoy!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

C. Just go for it, and when will you get such a great opportunity again? I wish I could play with my hair and my nails soon.

Friday night, with the help of a lot of liquid courage, I emailed a request for an appointment at a beauty college to have my hair done, and to get acrylic nails and makeup. I told them in the appointment request that I was transgender so there will be no surprises for them. I expect a phone call tomorrow to confirm my appointment. That alone will b a first - talking to another person as Bethany. I keep waffling on whether to follow through. I look in the mirror and realize I look like a middle aged man with a receding hairline. No chance of really passing, but the experience of really letting my feminine side out makes me want to do this. So may firsts would be in this experience - talking to people enfemme, probably using the ladies room, etc. I really don't know how this is going to go - so much depends on the phone call and the vibes I get from the person calling!