Thread: Why I love children

Why I love children

As a special treat my partner and I took our kids to a trampoline park the other day. You know lots of interconnected trampolines and foam filled pits for doing tricks etc. in.

So we are jumping and a little boy, around 6 or 7yrs old, comes up to me (I'm jumping around with our kids. I used to do gymnastics and LOVE trampolines. Such fun!), scrutinises me for a second and asks "Are you a boy or a girl?" (As I'm in my daggiest tracksuit pants, flattest sports bra and no makeup I'm taking it as a compliment). I reply "I used to be a boy, but I'm a girl now". A second passes as he processes this then he says "OK. Do you want to watch me jump in to the foam pit?".

Pure acceptance.

Nothing like children for bringing you back to earth then lifting you as high as a kite again

Untitled
    Posts like this show that there is hope

I was once told that a new born mind is a blank canvas, it is only when experience and teaching enters the arena, that the mind becomes tainted
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

It reminds one of the song from "South Pacific" that said "You've got to be taught to hate."

Unfortunately there is a lot of hate teaching going on these days.

Hugs, Bria

Unfortunately, our obsessive prurience has found it's way into our socialization. Hopefully, the future will bring more acceptance and understanding of things outside binarism. Examples like this make it look that just might happen. We live in hope...that's for sure. Glad you had a fun moment, Kate. Kids can be so sweet in their innocence.
    Last edited by Nigella; 07-23-2016 at 11:16 AM. Reason: That is a banned topic

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    That reminded me of an incident on a train station last month. A little boy had asked me a question, then came back with "You look like a lady but you sound like a man", so I gave him a very brief explanation then he replied "OK, what train are you getting?".
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

These interactions bode well for the future!.... The world has many problems at the moment but that is a sentiment held by people throughout history!!! Some of the younger trans people I do public speaking panels with are so impatient for 100% acceptance NOW!!! Things like that happen more like a bucket being slowly filled with water and these kids you speak of are drops of that water.... We are SO FAR from the attitudes of the world of my youth that shamed me into pretending to be someone else for half a century!!!... Onward we go!!!

Take Care,

Ashley
    Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind... 11:11