Thread: It's true, the muggles don't really care!

It's true, the muggles don't really care!

Well, I'm In London at the moment, a long way from home, so I decided while I'm here to dress and to venture out into the wide world for first time, and is t it so exciting!
    I cant believe how excited I was as I stepped out from my hotel and into the busy streets of London, albeit at night, now to build the courage to go out when I return home in a day or so. I had a few stares but know one seemed to care or make any comment, what have I been worried about all these years?
    Thanks to all you ladies here on CD.com, who have been trail blazers and have shown me it can be done!
    Cheers Rosie
    Last edited by Rosemary+; 07-24-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I assume muggles are regular people?
    Go out in the day its much better.

Tracii, she is referencing Harry Potter

I have always found the UK and London in particular to be very tolerant. London is full of clubs and events that cater for different life styles, but other parts of the UK are also just as tolerant. Manchester in particular has a gay quarter with several pubs that have a large CD clientele.
    As an example I was sitting in a coffee shop in a small town in the western part of England. Nearby was a mature cross dresser who was carrying on a conversation with her table mate in a fairly loud voice without really modulating it to remove the masculine tones. Glancing around I saw that nobody was paying any attention at all. For them it was just another customer. When in London I have encountered similar reactions.
    Go out as much as you can in daylight or in the evening and have a good time.

Bravo for you Rosemary! Out and in London no less! I am impressed! Best wishes for continued successes! Hugs Lana Mae

The best for a girl in London, is that it is so busy/bustling that people have no real time to stop and gander....long way to go to gain another step of confidence......but each step is closer to that goal you set for yourself.....when you are back home I would bet the extra step of confidence will let you move forward......enjoy each step

Yes, Tracii, the word "muggles" are people not of your community. Although it was coined in Harry Potter stories it is common usage in most non-centric communities to reference those who are not "us"

Glad the OP got out. The world is a wonderful place
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Rosemary,

As a true English girl and a Greater London (outer) dweller, I love the capital. Central London is an easy place to get out and about. Have a good look around, even the normals can be a bit strange . Glad you're enjoying the opportunity, so head to the Soho area (Piccadilly Circus-Shaftsbury Avenue) where you'll really get to feel alive. It's not the seedy place of ill-repute anymore, just lots of bars and general enjoyment.

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 07-24-2016 at 02:10 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Thanks to all who replied
    My Iast night in London tonight
    Just waiting for the sun to go down and I'm about to venture out again
    And I might even head down to Piccadilly Circus!

Rosie
    Let's see how brave I am

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary+ View Post
    ... what have I been worried about all these years?...
    Exactly!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Congratulations!
    Going out in public at night is indeed a sort of graduation.
    Going to the mall or grocery store at noon is the real graduation day.
    Remember, though, to pay attention to detail; blend; and, above all, be aware of your surroundings: stay safe.
    Good luck and good for you to take that first BIG step.

Rosie,

Hope you've enjoyed all your stay in the UK. Remember, you're always welcome so come again soon.

While not definitive, as a rule of thumb when going out the safety factor rises in direct proportion to the size of the town/city you're in. We've all read the threads about finding it difficult to get out in the small towns. There's huge wisdom in going out where there's safety in numbers. Also remember, going out in the day means you're far less likely to encounter morons the worst the wear for drink. Just folks doing their everyday things and paying little attention to others.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Just be confident and keep a smile..... Most of the time time nobody cares, but will respect you!!!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thanks for the explanation of the term. I have never seen a Harry Potter movie.

Thanks ladies
    I went out again after dark last night and it was just as exciting as my first night out. Still only baby steps but oh what a feeling
    Now to get out when I get Home
    Rosie

I hope your travels continue to be safe and fun

Well done Rosie so pleased for you
    Emma xx