Thread: Out in SF for a week

Out in SF for a week

I have been out in SF for a week and decided to stretch my legs, or horizons a bit. In the past my dressed world has been Divas, Aunt Charlies, the Cat Club, and some of the shops around Union Square.

Divas is a transgender bar. The plus is that you will always be welcome there. The bottom floor is a neighborhood bar. The third floor has exotic dancing. The minus is that many of the girls are working and the guys are there looking for that. Aunt Charlies is a semi-gay bar in the tenderloin. It is tiny. It draws all kinds of people. They have drag shows a few nights of the week. The Cat Club is an alternative dance club, with different nights Bondage a Go Go (S&M theme), Dark Shadows (Goth), 80's, etc.

I went out to the Mission, between 19th and 22nd Streets. At Doc's Clock I had some drinks with a group of people that were hanging out. Between 19th and 22nd there are about 3 lounges or bars where I stepped in and enjoyed a drink. On 19th I went to Bissap Baobab for Salsa night. The crowd was a bit young, early 20's and I was way overdressed, but talked with a few of the girls there. Sadly, no one asked me to dance.

I went to the Cigar Bar near Montgomery Street for Salsa night. They had a live band in a smallish room. The music was incredible. There were lots of beautiful girls in slinky dresses. I was way overclassed. I did not get asked to dance, but I had nice talks with the bartender and with some people that stepped out for the evening.

I went to the Cat Club. Previously I had only gone for their Bondage a Go Go night. That night, everyone is dressed over the top, and a crossdresser barely merits attention. So, I tried the 80's night and the Goth night. I had some interesting talks. One guy was intrigued and asked why??? I explained that for me that dressing brings excitement to me and a sort of release. It is sort of a trip to a an exotic world, for the evening. He asked about, why risk the humiliation? I did not understand that question completely, as I do not get placed in a position like that from strangers, and if I were to encounter someone I knew, they almost 100% would not recognize me. I met another lady, who I had met before and we discussed similar issues over drinks for a long time, but in a more positive light.

Overall, I have found that I am welcome just about anywhere, and going to these interesting places really makes for a great experience.

Sara, yeah I dressed there and stayed at the Union square hotel and walked all over the place and visited some of the places that you mentioned. went on the trolley form on end the wharf to have lunch. So fun to be a girl in San Francisco. But I did not meet anybody I knew except for business were I had to be dressed as male. LOL But it was a great trip.
    Part Time Girl

Hell-o Sara,
    Sounds like you had a fun visit to S.F.
    I've been out with friends there a few times, but
    have only been to Divas once. It's true that there
    are quite a few "working" girls, both inside and outside
    the place, but the guys seemed to be pretty respectful.
    They also had lip-sync stage performances in that 1st floor
    bar while we were there, and I believe it was the 2nd floor???
    that had another bar and a pool table.
    You should give me a heads up next time you're out this way!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Silver Member
    Maybe we should have a check in page, like foursquare or something!
    That way we can meet more forum denizens.

(I really don't know foursquare. I barely know facebook. This I my only social media)

Sara,
    Sounds like you had a good time! I do not get to travel much although SF is on my bucket list so maybe??? I am so glad you had a good time! Hugs Lana Mae

Banned Read only
    Sara, why limit yourself to such clubs? The whole city is open to you and there are endless great eateries and bars waiting for you.

I spent the weekend just doing my thing here in SF, both cis and trans scenes... Nobody seems to give a crap either way. Honestly, I found going out to cis clubs to be just... normal; even the bouncers didn't blink at my dude ID... SF seems pretty tolerant of whatever

Hi Jennifer, I really like going to clubs and bars. For me, they are great venues to meet different people and get into great conversations. A sit down restaurant seems kind of lonely for me. It is kind of odd to ask someone or another group to join their table, where at a bar, a wine bar, or a club it is really easy to share a drink. Pretty much all the places I went to were non-gay, non-transgendered places (Divas for about half an hour and Aunt Charlies for a couple hours). The Cigar Bar, for example is a fabulous place, an upscale crowd, attractive people, a nice neighborhood, Jackson Square, and live Latin Music, I am not sure what kind of place I would find more interesting than that. The Phoenix Hotel has a great bar. There is a gin bar located on the corner of Polk and Turk, Whitechapel, all cater to an educated, interesting clientele. I did visit a lot of restaurants too, Brenda's New Orleans restaurant in the Tenderloin, Citizen's Band and Basil Thai in SOMA.

Silver Member
    Sara,

I like that answer! Jen does like to encourage us to feel free to go anywhere, which is great advice, but I think that it IS nice to mingle with people that have something in common too!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.rafaela View Post
    .... A sit down restaurant seems kind of lonely for me. It is kind of odd to ask someone or another group to join their table, ..
    This is true. And if you're a club loving soul, I can't argue with that.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Maybe we should have a check in page, like foursquare or something!
    That way we can meet more forum denizens.

(I really don't know foursquare. I barely know facebook. This I my only social media)
    Meghan, that is what this subforum is for if I understand you right.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...Places-to-Meet

I am in SF also. A quick stop at DIVAs and then on to other places (Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli's, etc). Too much to fit into one trip. It is too big a city to constrain yourself to one location, so I am glad you got around. Try some sightseeing too, if your comfort zone goes out that far.

from all the responses you can see why i love to live here and dress the way i do