Thread: Tan lines - from women's sandals.

Tan lines - from women's sandals.

A few months ago I found a type of women's sandals that I absolutely adore. Grasssoppers Coral, is the name and style. (Coral is't the color.) They are not excessively girly, so I can wear them quite comfortably in male mode. Yet they still look cute. They are also the most comfortable footwear I have worn in a very long time. I initially bought three pair while they were on sale, one set each in black, bone white, and navy blue. Unfortunately, they have gone out of stock at the store where I bought them. Seasonal item, and all that. (I did find a few places where I can order the same sandals on-line, including from the maker. Just ordered two more pair!)

The weather lately has been splendid for walking outside with my dog, and I've worn them almost exclusively for the past two months. I actually wore out the Navy pair already - the heel strap snapped while walking my dog. Gee, in the last two months I'd only walked 120 or so miles in them, while walking the dog, and while shopping or out elsewhere. I've been averaging over 2.5 miles of walking per day, according to my phone's pedometer. (And honestly, the strap failure was my own fault. Rather than unfastening and refastening the heel strap, I'd been in the habit of leaving the strap fastened and slipping it past my heel, which placed unnecessary strain on the strap.)

Anyway, I realized a few day ago while showering that my toes and most of my feet were getting a nice tan, but that I now have definite tan lines where the sandal straps cover my feet!

I'm going to have to get in some tanning time in the back yard, without footwear (and probably just wearing a bikini bottom) to even out my tan!
    Last edited by Ceera; 07-26-2016 at 04:50 PM.

If the sandals themselves are fairly unisex, then wouldn't the tan lines be, as well? It doesn't sound like something you should worry about too much. Some sunscreen on your feet might be a good idea when you go out to walk the dog.

- Diane

Very cute sandals, too bad they don't come in extra wide...

Melissa

Melissa, the Grasshoppers Coral sandald do come in both standard and wide widths. And the way the velcro straps fasten, they ared more adaptable for width than most shoes. So they might work for you.

I wouldn't call them women's sandals as much as unisex sandals. Interesting, I don't have a comfortable pair of unisex or women's sandals. Open to ideas, but I need a very cushy slide and low/no heel.
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Those seem alright, As for the tan lines...nobody will notice...probably maybe.... This post is written like you got people in your life that don't know about your way of life yet you wear those sandals every day? As for me i will probably indulge in gladiator sandals some day... The tan lines from those are gonna be crazy =)

I would love to have those tanlines! Fun!!!!