Thread: Wonderful Day at a Beauty College

Wonderful Day at a Beauty College

Thanks to all you who gave me encouragement in my previous post! (So little time, so many girlie things to do). As a result of your comments on that post, I submitted a request for an appointment for a hairstyle, acrylic nails, brow waxing, and makeup application. Yesterday the beauty college called me back and told me they could fit me in for all of the service I requested except that they couldn't do the acrylic nails - would I be okay with a manicure. I decided to accept that and the appointment was set. Today was the big day and what a wonderful one it was!

As I nervously walked into the beauty school, it was the first time in my life that I was interacting with other people completely dressed enfemme - capri pants, pink blouse, sandals, a bra with bust enhancers, lipstick, mascara, purse, and panties. At the desk I quietly told the receptionist that I had an appointment- Bethany. After a few moments the receptionist said very loudly "Oh yes, BETHANY!" I then asked if we could fit in a pedi as well - and she could. After a few minutes one of the students, Nicole, called for me and got my pedicure going. My first pedi by the way. As she worked on my feet she made conversation and treated me just like any woman - including complimenting me on my sandals. A short time later her friend Gloria came to watch and make conversation and she was tremendously accepting also event complimenting me on my earrings at one point. Truly the conversation with these girls was as good as the services I received. It is so wonderful to be accepted for who you are.

The whole appointment lasted four hours. During that time 6 different people performed services on me, including one male student who applied my lipliner. I did not want a guy working on me but it wasn't a biggie either. Every one of these people was friendly and social and non judgmental. I ended my appointment after tipping Gloria and Nicole $10 each and then used the ladies room before I left for home. That was also a first and also a nonissue. If you have never done this, I encourage you to do so. Other than a few moments of nervousness and an occasional look from another guest. It was not uncomfortable at all. P.S If you do this try for a Monday or Tuesday as they are slow days. Below are a couple pictures of my results:
    Attached Images Attached Images

sounds like a nice day where is this school??

Very nice post - thanks for sharing

It is called La' James International College. They have several campuses, most in Iowa, USA.

Thank you

Who would have thought that going to college could be so exciting! It will be a while before I ever do something like that, but maybe someday. By the way, I love the color, when I paint my nails (not very often, too hard get off) I use that color. Thanks for sharing. Brenda

Beauty colleges are great! I used to go to the local one regularly for my mani/pedis - they charged $5 for a mani and $8 for a pedi. Sadly they closed down about 2 years ago so now I'm going to a local strip mall salon that charges $25 for a mani/pedi ... still a decent price!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

There are days that I think when I retire, I'd like to go to a beauty school -- as a student, not as a client. I wonder if I can have a second career.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

That looks a lot like OPI's classic "Pompeii Purple" to me. Am I right? It's one of my favorites.

- Diane

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Pretty color.

The color is Vinylux Tuttifutti. I love it!

It sounds like you had a great experience at a fantastic price. I am envious and have to try emulating your experience.