Thread: A First Date

Silver Member

A First Date

I was going to post about my first time truly out in another thread. As I started writing I decided to tell the whole story about what was really my first date. I don't want to take over the other thread so here goes.

Back in 1961 I wasn't sure what I was or who I should be. I realized I was straight and not interested in guys, but did like appearing as a girl and enjoyed playing the role in a non sexual way. Over the years I morphed to liking the clothes more than appearing as a woman.

It started as a joke and liberated me in that I could truly pass and live as a young woman. A friend challenged me to go as his date to a drive in movie. At the time I didn't think he had any idea I was a cd. He didn't, but was interested in me. It was a sock-hop night for couples at a drive in movie. Entry was free for contest couples and prizes for the best couple and car. Over the 3 weeks of getting ready for the event everything took on a bigger picture. Originally we were going as cartoon characters. My landlady knew of my CDing and suggested she would help me. She had a beauty shop. As my friend and I started talking more about it we moved toward pulling it off as a serious entry in the best couple/car contest.

I decided I would go as Sandra Dee. I had a nice blond wig. Bought a skirt similar to one she wore in a movie. I had petticoats that my sisters had given me. My features were very fine with light blond hair. That afternoon my landlady transformed me in to a teen girl. She told me to shave and put on my panties, bra, slips. She did my hair and makeup. It was exciting setting there in my lingerie getting ready for a date. We talked about my enjoyment of dressing and her wishing she could have had a daughter. Then I put on my white blouse which let my white bra be easily seen. I put the skirt on over my head with her help so as not to mess up my wig. She was surprised that I knew to pull my skirt up and adjust my blouse. On went my bobby socks and shoes. I WAS READY AND NERVOUS!

As a joke my friend had to come in and meet my "parents" which was my landlady and her live in boyfriend. He came in and was dumbfounded. I did not look like his buddy who cruised the hangouts on weekends. We took pictures of us like we were going to a prom or event. Mother, Father, Daughter then the couple. It was fun and I bonded with my landlady and her boyfriend as their new "daughter".

My friend had a 57 Chevy convertible. The top was down, so on good advice from my landlady, I made him put it up so my hair wouldn't get blown around. We went to the drive-in event and put the top down before we drove in. I had a pretty headscarf to cover my hair. The car, him, and my outfit drew instant attention. While we waited for everything to start several of the entries were up dancing. As I have explained before my sisters had taught me to dance as a girl, and I was more comfortable dancing as such. We had a ball dancing with the other couples. The first movie started and we went back to the car. I sat in the center of the seat so we looked like a couple. During intermission between the movies all the entries had to drive through the rows waving and getting honks for judging. The second movie the judges wondered around and we knew we were in contention. Since all the judges were guys, I made sure my skirt, was pulled up to show plenty of petticoats, but not too much. I also curled up my feet on the seat as I leaned on my "boyfriend".

At the end of the second movie they announced 3 cars were winners. One was ours. The moment of truth and could we pull it off? We walked up to the snack shack holding hands like the other couples. We lined up and they called third place which we weren't. The guy gave his girl a kiss. Then we heard we won. An unexpected kiss. The prize was several car passes and money for the snack bar.

We went back several times that summer playing our roles and cruised the drive in restaurants as a couple. We were good friends as I was too feminine for him and I was not into guys.

Liz, That is an awesome old memory and it sounds like you had a great time being Sandra Dee. Thanks for sharing it.
    Part Time Girl

Great story and nice memory

Hell-o Liz,
    What a fun story. Drive ins are/were such a blast,
    But you took it to another level!
    Now, the petticoats are easy to come by, but that Chevy?
    We're gonna have some trouble reenacting this thing!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Liz:

You really put a smile on my face this morning. What a great story about real friends, great times together, and an amazing landlady (especially considering the era it happened in).

You didn't say whether the judges and the crowd knew you were't quite "as advertised"..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Very nice Liz and very wonderful.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Great story! Thanks for sharing!!

Banned Read only
    Did you enjoy being a girl, holding hands and sitting close to your boyfriend, a kiss from your boyfriend? And did you continue to dress and interface with both sexes as a girl? One would think to be able to pass that well and your landlord and her boyfriend were all supportive that you wouldn't spend a lot of time as that girl. Tell us more.

I would love a date like that it was perfect.

Banned Read only
    In my thread #8 wouldn't should be should

Amazing story. Better than my best fantasies.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    More of the story. I had to move from my first rented room because the woman didn't like perverts. I rented the upstairs from my new landlady. She went upstairs and it was obvious that I had a lot of girl's clothes and makeup etc. Anyway turned out she was cool with it as was her boyfriend. I worked at a large upscale department store. I had first choice on sale items. Even in drab sometimes people thought I was a girl. In a t-shirt I had natural boobs which guys looked at. I had been out before, and even gone shopping as a girl. That was back in the days of women's stores. The SAs were friendly and often the owner's, so they just wanted the sale.

Back to going out on dates. He was 3 years older, liked to drive and had cool cars and money so it was fun to ride with him. It became sometimes weeknights, Friday, Saturday and Sunday standing dates. I always went as a girl after the drive-in. With my soft voice and no beard it was easy to get ready. We would go to the movies, dinner or what ever. I had no idea that I could or would be arrested if caught. I realized that he liked me, but preferred me as a guy. His parents knew about us. We went to his home for dinner one night to meet his parents. It felt strange, and exciting. They seemed to like me and his mother went out of her way to treat me as a girl. Told me I was as pretty as he described and loved the dress I had on. Asked where I shopped and about designers I liked.We went to his home several times after that. His mother invited me to lunch and some shopping. I felt like a daughter or actually like a daughter-in-law looking at the spring dresses with her. In summer I wore sun dresses often, one was strapless and luckily I had enough breast tissue to make it real. One night I wore a red dress with fringe which received rave reviews. They were excited to have him be seen with someone who made us look "normal". Eventually his mother asked if I had any aspirations of being a bride. I knew from my friend that his parents were open to it. After a several months we realized that we both needed to move on. Platonic relationships were fine but we weren't ever going to be a couple. He found a new guy guy and I was happy for him.

I started going to the drive-ins as a guy to meet girls. I did have one girl who asked about the blond that was driving my car a couple weeks before. She had seen it go through once. I told her my sister borrowed it while I was out of town.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

You didn't say whether the judges and the crowd knew you were't quite "as advertised"..

At that time I had no trouble passing. Even in my teens it was often pointed out that I should have been a girl that I was too pretty to be a boy. Often girls didn't find me attractive because I was too fem. I also had a waist quite a bit smaller than my hips. Neighbor girl told me she would love to have my legs.

I was very comfortable in dresses/skirts etc. As my aunt told me comfort in your costume is very important to passing. It is like wearing a bra full time with forms. Your movement changes. I was lucky enough to have small breasts and in that time frame most young girls were Bs or maybe Cs. While I hated them in guy mode it was fun to be able to wear a bra without foam falsies.

Thanks for a story that made the end of my work week really nice , i am of the 50's ,60's era too lets see where did i put that poodle skirt ??
    hugs phylis anne