Thread: Flying almost pretty.

Flying almost pretty.

So I had to fly for work. On my way home now.
    I packed a pair of high heel boots and a satin blouse which I am wearing now in the airport. No makeup or wig or anything to help my figure but it is fun anyway. I keep wanting to change but so far I am being brave.

On one trip, I once flew almost pretty. I was wearing a fuschia/pink women's polo shirt with a bra underneath, but with no forms. I was pretty sure that I wouldn't meet any work colleagues on this flight. But as I was waiting for the rental car shuttle with a couple, I'm almost positive she noticed my bra (but he didn't).

On another trip, I almost got caught by a work colleague. I was waiting at my gate, right across from a 10-minute manicure place. I was thinking, who would know. About 10 minutes later, while I was still building up courage, a work colleague came into my boarding area. Yeah, who would have known -- everyone at work.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 07-28-2016 at 09:41 PM. Reason: clarification the these events took place on two different trips.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

When I accepted to myself that I am a CD I had the opportunity to visit a member of our group in Denver for a long weekend. I decided that the only way I could not chicken out and not dress was to bring no male clothing besides what I wore to the airport. I did do the whole weekend dressed and had a great time and met some very nice people out there. My friend was surprised that a newbie was so at ease from the gitgo. No pulling me out of the hotel room.
    On the return I did the almost pretty trip. A Hawaiian floral shirt, white woman's shorts, clogs and foundation (since we stopped at a Mac store on the way to the airport). It felt nice and stayed that way until I was close to home.

Nikki that sounds like a great weekend.

Steffi, did he or she notice the bra?

To elaborate on my adventure a bit. I put on my high heel boots and changed into the satin blouse in the men's room before security. I had TSA precheck so I figured I would not have to take by boots off. They are king of a pain to get on again. But as i was going through, the buzzer went off. The TSA agent said is there metal in your shoes? Well, there was no help for it now, so I slid them off and put them through the scanner. I walked through and nothing else was said.
    I almost reverted to my male crocs at that point and I did slip them on until I could find a place to sit and slide the boots back on. Then i walked to the gate it felt so adventurous.
    I flew to my layover point in Chicago and saw i had a long walk to the connection - but I decided to just do it. And I did, my heart was pounding. I made it to the gate and waited to board. I did get a dark look from a young woman sitting across from me, of all the passengers she was one of the few also wearing heels. By the time the flight landed my feet were hurting and I slipped out to make the walk out of the terminal. Today my feet and legs are sore. But it was worth it.

I am looking forward to next time. Maybe I will have a wig by then.

Marja - I clarified my post above to answer your question.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.