Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The neighbours

Once I got past the issues in my head and my wife and family.
    Now I find that I am thinking less and less about those times I step out the door.
    I would bet money that the neighbors have seen me dressed, they don't say anything.
    And if they do, Do I really care, Note so much anymore.

This is my life, Only one chance to play it out. It would be nice of the people around me can be
    comfortable and enjoy life as well.

But honestly if they don't care to see me dressed like I prefer, I suggest they look the other way.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I take steps to not have my neighbors see. Most of the time, I change outside of the house, so there's no problem. A few times I have left after dark en femme. I have a garage, so I'm able to get in the car, open the garage door, and zip out pretty quickly. That combined with the fact that it's dark out means its very unlikely anyone will see anything. I've also left once during the daylight. In that case, I carefully looked out my windows to make sure no neighbors were in their yards, and then did the same thing. Taking off the wig and wearing a men's jacket can provide extra cover, assuming you are not the type who normally stops to chat with neighbors while in the car.

I live in a condo association and have really only run into one neighbor while I was headed out to a show while dressed. But for the most part just do my thing. I have been dressing and going out more this summer, longer daylight hours. On one occasion as my wife and I were getting dressed the neighbors were eating dinner on the common patio space which has a view of our home via a double wide screen door. They have kids aged 8 and 5. I decided it was time to tell them about my dressing and let them know just in case the kids ever see me and have questions. More of a courtesy coming out.
    Rebecca Bas

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    You may find that it isn't how you react to the neighbors knowing about the other you.

You may find out it isn't about how you react to the neighbors knowing about the other you.

You may very well find out that what really matters is how your SO reacts to the neighbors knowing about the other you.

My suggestion is to be honest with your SO. You have to be honest with yourself first, BTW. Then give her time to get comfortable with the new situation. Keep your dressing indoors until she is comfortable with your new situation. This can take ten seconds or two years. It's all up to her and how well you help her deal with this. Once she tells you she is comfortable with you indoors, then ask if she is ready for you to go outdoors and how she wants you to handle the social interactions. Those are way more important to her than you. If she says NO then stick to it. You may find a support group that meets in a place not exposed to the general population, where you can go, transform, and be "OUT", albeit behind closed doors.

Just be considerate of her. She probably didn't sign up for this and it could throw her for a loop.

Having spent a lot of time today thinking about this I can't decide, do I tell them or do I wait for them to find out? it is easy to say do I care? yes I do, I want everybody to know the truth, but the problem is what do people do when they are told the truth?

Hazel xx

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy L View Post
    My neighbor across the street is retired, has big eye and an even bigger mouth, so no I don't go out.
    I have a couple of neighbors that snoop and gossip. And one or two know my uncle who lives a few blocks away. I'm just not ready for a can of worms to open up to my family, so I don't share CDing with my neighbors. Of course, they may have suspicions, who knows for sure? I'm not gonna worry about it.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I have pretty good neighbors now and do come up to me when I am dressed as Lisa.They talk to me.Use to have a couple bad neighbors I had to call the cops on a few times.One stole from me was one reason why.

Silver Member
    I am sure that my neighbors do not know that I crossdress. Though I am fully underdressed when I go to my car, my outer dressing is usually done away from the house, but I can and often do wear thinner outer garments (including dresses or skirt and top) under my male drab. My shirts are a size too large which helps conceal my bra and small forms. And, if I wear trousers, they cover my thigh-highs. I will almost always shop dressed this way, too. Its a turn-on for me to know and feel same, but still present as a male. Did I mention very light makeup, too?

I used to dress away from home. Now with being a widower and my kids out on their own I just go out dressed. So far nobody has said anything to me, but I'm honestly not too close to any of my neighbors.
    I don't dawdle, I go into my car and when I get home it is straight in. Maybe they think I have a girlfriend LOL.

I have lived in this neighbourhood for about 28 years. Up until now no one has seen me dressed.
    Although our most immediate neighbour may have spotted me dressed indoors (we hardly ever chat).
    Another neighbour is heading slowly towards transitioning and has been out dressed on occasion.
    When I do eventually go out dressed (in daylight) how that will be perceived will be interesting.
    At 65 I am still reluctant to retire, as I still enjoy working and the financial benefits that brings.
    To come out may bring forward that day, depending on how people react.
    Last edited by joanne51; 08-13-2016 at 06:32 AM.

I couldn't get away with my neighbours knowing, I live in quite a backward small town, worst thing is I have church elders either side of me and my mother in-law directly opposite (she's great by the way) I couldn't risk being outed, that said I frequently get out in my enclosed back yard, most of my outings are out of town, works fine for me.

I have good neighbors all things considered, yeah some are noses and others mind their own business.

They have seen me dressed up leaving and returning to the house on numerous occasions. Nothing has ever been said they still waive and speak to me, and whenever there is a cookout I still get invited.

Don't waste time worrying about the neighbors, just saying
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Eight months ago I would only exit the house under the cover of darkness. Today, I go out in the bright sunshine. What a difference. Practice and a little confidence.
    In my situation, I can be seen by neighbours when I leave the house and walk to my garage, and I can easily be discovered by other neighbours as I pull out of the driveway. But the urge to leave and explore the world; to shop and feel the wind under my dress is stronger than the fear of being seen by someone next-door. Yes I do know my neighbours, and speak with them when I see them, and when the day comes that I am discovered by one, I will not feel ashamed (at least I hope not).

I do want to note that if your makeup is decent, and your dressed to look like a stereotypical female (with forms and a good wig), then the majority of people you call friends and neighbours will not recognize you. Even my SO, when she has seen me driving in my car, doesn't even recognize me. Don't let your fear prevent you from a great experience.

If using a hotel is the way to begin, then it may be worth the expense. I went to a city three hours away with my SO. She was attending a conference and I was planning on dressing for the day. Little did I know that the hotel was downtown and it required us to use their valet service. That meant I couldn't sneak out of the hotel room and directly into my car. I had to walk the long hallway, take the elevator downstairs and present my valet ticket to the man at the front door. AND wait for him to drive my car to me! It was nerve-wracking for a few moments but I got over it. What else could I do?
    Last edited by BettyMorgan; 08-13-2016 at 11:46 AM.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Hazel no need to tell them let them figure it out on their own.
    When the family across the street moved in about 3 months ago thy saw my girl side first then a week or so later they met my guy side.
    The lady made the connection but the husband didn't at first but its all good, they know and accept me as a good neighbor more than the fact I'm the neighborhood tranny.
    The lady came over this morning as I was watering my lawn and said I hate to ask but I figured since you dress have you got any extra green nail polish?
    I said sure matte green or green sparkle?

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't care what my neighbors think, I don't hide I come and go as I please if someone is out I wave and say hi. No one has ever confronted me about it. I'm not doing anything illegal.

Aspiring Member
    Although I haven't dressed in a while because of an injury to my left shoulder, I am hoping come fall I can once again start dressing as a woman. I do want to start going out as a woman and to do my grocery shopping as one. The woman across the road as well as my next door neighbor has seen me dressed as a woman before but it has been a few years before. My next door neighbor when she saw me she just waved like she normally does when she see's me outside. The woman across the road slammed the door shut. Neither one has never said anything.