Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doing things different in guy / girl mode

Doing things different in guy / girl mode

Does anyone else have things they do differently in guy / girl mode?
    Not talking about how you look, or act, but things you do.

Example, if I'm out as a guy, I'd go to a bar, watch football, order a beer and a hamburger.

if I go out in girl mode, not that I've left the house yet, but am hoping to be going out later this week, I'd order something like a salad and a glass of wine
    When I'm dressed at home or a hotel, I like a glass of wine, but don't drink wine as a guy.

Is it to feel more femme. I think so.

What other differences do you notice in the things you do....

I would hope most here would use the women's room. Make sure they didn't flash people and smile more. Other than that wh would you change what you do in public? You are the same person.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Nothing changes for me. Why should it?

My appetite doesn't change depending on whether I'm wearing jorts or a skirt. Why should it?

Food and drink and gender neutral.

If drinking wine and eating salads makes you feel for girly then that's on you.

I have to step carefully around a number of landmines here, but in general when people first start to accept their transgender nature they explain it to themselves as having two separate personalities and, of course, they act that way because that's the model in their head. Often they'll have distinct behaviors depending on the personality at the wheel. Again, in general, it's not uncommon after a while for them to find that they are really always the same person with just different presentations. So they start to get rid of behaviors that don't really fit -- maybe you drink wine because you feel for some reason that it's expected of a woman or maybe you drink beer because you feel it's expected of a man. At some point you might abandon one or the other as not being what's right for you. Or you may relax and realize it doesn't mean anything and drink whatever you feel like and eat salads because you want to watch your figure so you look good and burgers when you feel you could just use a good burger (and you'll have the salad tomorrow )

I don't want to say it like it's the only growth path and you're not fully OK if you don't follow that particular path. You may always have the two-personality view and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just I note many people end up following the path that takes them to a single personality with behaviors that suit who they are rather than what they think is expected of them. I know I did. (Still sounds a little self-congratulatory and I don't mean it that way.)

The message is do what's right for you at any given time.

Banned Read only
    I use the time to decompress a bit and certainly, I'm not out racing bikes. My makeup wouldn't hold up very well. But while I do more sedate things when dressed, I don' t take on different likes.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    There is no reason to change what you do.
    I don't know of any trans law that says you have to change or stop doing what you like to do just because you are in girl mode.

There are people that think you have to change everything to be "real" or authentic.
    Here is an example of this kind of thinking:
    I have a friend that started going to church and he ended up selling his two Corvettes,his bass boat/ trailer and pick up because he said it wouldn't look right to the other church members.
    I told him well OK but if you ever get the urge to go fishing ask one of the deacons because I know two of them have really nice bass boats.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-30-2016 at 06:02 PM.

As a guy, I have a type A personality and love competition. Dressing offers me the opportunity to lay back and relax. I tend to want to find someplace quiet and low key. We have a park close by where I walk, take my book, find a bench and read or just enjoy the comfort of what I'm wearing. I love to feel the breeze blowing on my face and bare or hosed legs. Dressing doesn't affect what I read, what I eat or drink.

Seems to be its all about acceptance that darn thing in our heads some stronger than others that if it wasnt there none us would be closeted.
    Just my 2c
    Emma xx

Male - Rum & coke
    Female - sweet white wine
    Male - steak
    Female - Chicken
    Male - Star Trek movies
    Female - chick flick
    Male - car shows
    Female - botanic gardens
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Aspiring Member
    How I get into vehicle is different when in female mode, how I walk and bend down, checking my hair and makeup.

Nothing different for me other than the clothes I am wearing.

In some ways, yes. However, I feel I would do these anyway, but being dressed makes it more fun and fulfilling. Cooking, sewing, doing art are some of those endeavors.

Hi I am with Sharon B Getting into a car as a women is a art. I hate mussing up my hair. With that said I am a master electrical an a jack of all trades for me now they all blend. Jo

I'd say a lot of us probably have wine tastes with a beer pocketbook.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Reality Check
    If I do anything differently when dressed as a woman, it's a conscious act. Things like how I walk or how I sit. I'm doing them on purpose, just strapping on a pair of boobs and a wig doesn't change how I think or what I eat or drink.

Yes, I use the ladies restroom if I'm dressed as a female. Again, it's a conscious decision.

While my personality doesn't change when I dress, I just think it's more fun to act like a girl and do more girly things when I do.

For me, as a male I do things in moderation. Now, I drink red wine. But I like beer and when girly, I drink wed wine or the beer, no difference except I may be a beer drinking lady. But there are a couple things different. When in heels in particular I walk like a woman. don't really do that in male mode and makeup... well there are things a woman does that men do not do. But beer and wine, I know many women that drink beer.
    Part Time Girl

Kendra an ohio crossdress kendracd's Avatar
    absolutely, when in girl mode I do girly things cross my legs when sitting, sip drinks instead of gulping..even tend to sit when in the rest room(even if I don't need to sit),don't get into action movies tend to gravitate to love comedies so yes, the dress changes you completly

Quote Originally Posted by missNikki View Post
    if I go out in girl mode, not that I've left the house yet, but am hoping to be going out later this week, I'd order something like a salad and a glass of wine
    When I'm dressed at home or a hotel, I like a glass of wine, but don't drink wine as a guy.

Is it to feel more femme. I think so.
    I'm a GG.

Why are you so strict with yourself as a guy? Men drink wine and women drink beer. It's OK for you to drink both, whether you're in guy or girl mode. I don't drink now, but I used to love a good beer at a game or on a hot day, or with more casual food, and a good wine with a more elaborate meal.

The choice of drinks or food really has nothing to do with gender. Men do eat dinner salads, and women do eat steaks, baked potatoes, pizza, you name it.

I know a lot of guys who have a huge range in behaviors and dietary habits. Only in this forum have I seen such strict interpretations of what men can and can't do. I don't know why CDers limit themselves so much when they are in male mode.
    Reine

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't really dance too much in male mode but in female mode I can't stop and my bad knee is still swollen from last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I don't know why CDers limit themselves so much when they are in male mode.
    Personal opinion? Because they're pretending to be men in male mode so people "won't suspect" they have a female side. So they take very stereotypical male behaviors and enforce them on themselves. Then when they let the female side come out they choose stereotypical female behaviors and presentations they've been suppressing so tightly. The answer for me has been to find and inhabit the middle ground where I can express all the behaviors that make me happy and not have to express any of the ones that make me feel caged/trapped. Not saying it's an answer for everyone, just me.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Personal opinion? Because they're pretending to be men in male mode so people "won't suspect" they have a female side. So they take very stereotypical male behaviors and enforce them on themselves. Then when they let the female side come out they choose stereotypical female behaviors and presentations they've been suppressing so tightly.......
    That may be what you do personally, but I really don't think most of us are "pretending" to be male. We are male and have been all our lives. We do what we watched our fathers, uncles and brothers did. We do what we've seen other males do.

When we dress as women, we are pretending to be women. We hide our male body parts and put on "fake" female body parts. We try to imitate women in the way they walk, sit and act. It enhances the image.

The whole guy/girl thing is arbitrary and children have to be policed to stay within the lines. To ReineD's point, I think it is exactly because we stayed within very emotionally restrictive lines that we so deeply need to break out.

Now I am coming out to people this changes rapidly. When I wear a skirt and cute top, and then people go - ok, fine- getting back to our conversation... means that I am no longer spending energy trying to manage staying within the lines. The feelings can flow as they come. The outcome so far is that I now have the outlook of many women who decide whether or not to wear a skirt and cute top based on all sorts of reasons other than needing to claim the right to feel.
    We are all beautiful...!

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    The choice of drinks or food really has nothing to do with gender. Men do eat dinner salads, and women do eat steaks, baked potatoes, pizza, you name it.

I do think so many here like the TG world because they think they can do things the couldn't do as men. In today's world, I don't really know any behaviors that are exclusively male or female. This week the Olympics start, they have male and females in most the of the sports (although still divided by gender). The even have female Greco-Roman wrestling.

We get stereotypes embedded in our minds and we have trouble breaking them. For the last 50 years people have been promoting that women can do anything men can do, and they have taken that to heart. Yet men seem reluctant to take on anything they feel may be feminine. Just shows that women care less about limits. They seem to strive to break barriers. Men tend to be afraid of what their peers will say.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    Of course,

I drink less to avoid a trip to the bathroom.
    I eat less because my corset won't let me.
    I eat less messy stuff so I don't ruin my makeup.
    I might be slightly more inclined to have a wine, but that's a cover/blending issue if I feel out of my element. And if they don't have better beer. Or if it pairs better with dinner.
    I don't stand to pee, a cover thing or lack of urinal, plus it can be a mess with girdles and hose.
    I call myself Meghan, cause it fits better and is fun.