Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boldly Going How I Have Never Gone Before... flying en femme

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill999 View Post
    I look forward to the day I can go for a drive and think it a big deal.
    Hi, Jill, and Welcome to this wonderful forum! I drive en femme (at least from the waist up) almost every day, and have been doing it for years. You can, too. See my "driving while pretty" post for how I do it, and love to do it.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi, Pattie, and welcome to the forum. You will love it here, believe me! I would sure like to know what your job is that you fly en femme all over the US and Canada. Please share with all of us.

Thank you all for your kind words and expressions of appreciation.

Jenna, totally appreciate your compliment on the picture. Felt very natural and in the right place.

Rogina, so true about arriving early and giving yourself lots of time to traverse the various TSA checkpoints. Being open about who was behind the lipstick and being early are keys to an enjoyable flight. Come to think of it, no matter how you are dressed that has been my experience, too.

Betty, thank you for noting the nugget in the text which was helpful to you. Being comfortable away from the airport is so important to being comfortable at the airport. Sounds like you will be doing some flying. Best wishes for a pleasant experience.

Kristi, what is uncomfortable and potentially awkward to you is a legitimate concern if you believe it to be so. Not for anyone else but you to decide where your comfort level is in social situations. There will always be those who are uncomfortable around crossdressers, and crossdressers who are uncomfortable around others. Again, what you believe to be true is true for you. I would be the last person to try to convince you otherwise. Be you. Be true. Not much more to it.

Cheryl, I am so pleased that you found my account helpful. I enjoyed the experience, and will be doing it again. Took me a very long time to take this step. Sounds like you are on the runway, ready for takeoff. Please tell us about it when you have taken a drink from that bucket.. hope it is full of Champaign. Bon Fem Voyage.

Jill, driving is a lot like flying. Takes time to be comfortable, and only when you are ready should you venture out. This is not a contest of how far we can stretch the comfort zone. It is about enjoying a special slice of life which is unique to a small percentage of the population. If it is just the application of lipstick on occasional evenings or driving to the gas station or flying en femme, anything which allows you to explore and enjoy this part of your being is a good thing. Be as good to yourself as you would be to others.

Stephanie, thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments of appreciation. I enjoyed the experience, and hope that by sharing not only some of the preparation but also details of my experience others, like you, can better understand how much our own preparation and attitude can influence the experience. You will be Great! Five days! Wow!! Looking forward to your story. Wishing you a tailwind and soft landings.

Phili, sounds like you’ve got it together! Whether we think we can, or we think we can’t, we are generally right. Would be delightful to share a seat on a Boeing with you, any time!

Pattie, paint me green (not really my best color, mind you..) with envy. Flying all over as you do sounds wonderful!! You are such a tease.. please share a bit more of how this works. Would love to hear more.

Jenny, thank you for adding another perspective and your experience. There is a certain comfort to be gained by knowing others have gone through similar experiences, and are happy to share.

I flew back again from Phoenix two nights ago, this time en drab. Had been working intensely for several days and did not have time to change. The airport seemed different, yet the same. I think the sensations I felt while en femme were heightened and more intense than those experienced two nights ago. Could also be that I was exhausted from my work schedule, but I don’t think so. Whether flying or driving or shopping at the local market, I find myself a bit more alert, a bit more sensitive to the environment. I think that may be part of what women experience every day. Being alert. Being sensitive.

I am pleased that several of you have gained confidence and/or helpful information from this post. Helping others is not uniquely a female quality, however, it is generally considered more closely aligned with women, so we can all embrace and enjoy. No matter how we dress. Thank you for letting me share this portion of my journey.

Best to all.
    Lauren

Platinum Member
    Hi LaurenIt was a wonderful read following your adventures of flying very lovely......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm flying to Atlanta the last weekend of October for a zombie run. I plan on hitting a street parade before reaching my motel in Perry. I want to wear my cheerleader uniform on the flights to and from and might just show up in it based on your report. But in case the uniform is too much for Southwest Airlines I'm gonna have my guy clothes or at least some leggings as a back up. I'm pretty excited about it - and if I can lose the belly fat by then I wouldn't even mind a strip search!
    Marcelo

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Yes, I have some travel advice but you’re not going to like it or, for that matter, take it.
    Why make it any more difficult than it already is?
    The idea is to stay SAFE, and if you want to go through the gauntlet at the airport with the TSA agents, good luck.
    It’s not yesterday: it’s a new day and it’s up to each of us to pay attention.
    If you want to live in your fantasy world at your own peril, that’s entirely up to you.
    My advice is you’re making it a lot more complicated than it has to be.
    The idea is to stay as safe as you possibly can.
    I suggest you pay attention.
    Now if anyone out there wants to make an issue of suggesting NOT to stay as safe as possible should be our #1 priority, good luck with that.
    By all means have fun, but not at the expense of staying as safe as you can possibly be.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-30-2016 at 12:37 AM. Reason: be nice

And the threat is???? Cheryl Flint...

Yes, Cheryl, please elaborate and to which post are you replying. Mid-August I flew from Oakland, Ca to Kansa City, MO and back, spending 3 days totally en-femme. I took no male clothes. I breezed through baggage check and the TSA check points with no issues at all. Went all over Kansas City, taxis, Uber and the hotel courtesy car, went shopping at their famous outdoor shopping mall, Country Club Plaza, nail salon and a Blow Out Hair Salon to do my hair and makeup done for a wedding. Also went to a local Mexican restaurant, well known Kansas barbecue restaurant and a small dive bar across the river in KC, Kansas. Totally wonderful experience where I never thought twice about who I am and where I was, except to just get the most out of that unique experience.

Lauren, congratulations on the joining the Flying Pretty Club. It really is a fun experience and should be tried by all. Thanks for sharing the before and after stories. Greatly appreciated.