Thread: Getting a little braver

Getting a little braver

I mainly am an under dressing crossdresser even though I have dresses and wigs and makeup.
    I have been getting in the habit of wearing a bra to work, and when I get a chance I wear my forms.
    It is very exciting and scary to go into a store in drab but with boobs. I try to be discreet and act normal. So far I have not had one negative experience and I hope this helps me get used to taking steps.

Randi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Trying to reconcile discrete and guy with breasts.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

What do you wear to work, do your bras show much?
    I hope to be as brave.

Jamie,
    I wear different bras and sometimes panties.
    I want to think the bras do not show at work, but I think they actually do.

I have been wearing a sports bra or a Haynes comfort.
    When others are not being observant I will put in my breast forms too. When I do that I wear very loos shirts though.

Randi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Gold Member
    I have been wearing a bra every day for over a year now.
    At my Legion Post Bar, there are the back rubbers and the shoulder
    grabbers, but no one has noticed the bra straps yet.
    I under dress 24/7 and wear women's jeans.
    I am almost cross dressed, just no wig or jewelry.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    Randi Sue, I am perplexed by this. You don't want to be seen as a cross dresser but there is little more odd than a man with female breasts. Why not just cross dress and go out?

Bad news Rader, everyone has noticed, no one has said anything.

Yet.

To you.

I guess I will never understand this perceived stealthiness when it comes to wearing bras in guy mode. Really, it doesn't exist.

Unless you are an Eskimo and dress like one.

Also, trying to reconcile bravery with wearing a bra...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz1b View Post
    I hope to be as brave.
    Brave???
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 08-04-2016 at 09:15 PM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Most people want to be nice. Maybe that's why they don't say anything? I'd have to take into consideration the size of the boobs too. A cups won't get as much attention as DDs. We want pics!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    I agree that people notice. I've seen one woman lock on me from halfway across a large store as I was going up the escalator. When I went to get my car fixed the guy checking me in couldn't look me in the face he was so obsessed with my boobs. Sometimes it's funny and other times I'd like to slap the obnoxious. Had one woman as I was walking out of a gas station yell, THAT MAN WAS WEARING A BRA!

I wear a lot of silk blouses and bras under them. I'm a b/c so I have projection. I love lace bras. More than once I've had men and women look down my blouse just to see if it really is a bra I'm wearing. Most of the time if women notice they will just smile. Guys don't know what to do.

Reality Check
    I would rethink that wearing a bra to work thing. Being seen as strange or weird will not help your career. You need a job to put a roof over your head and to put food in your mouth. And to buy pretty clothes.

Wear the bra outside of and away from work if you wish, but dressing as a male with boobs is going to draw negative attention. Why not go all female and do your best to pass as one?

I love to cross-dress, but as a result of my enhancement activities, I need the support of a bra all the time.

For various reasons (lack of time, surroundings, chance of meeting friends etc) I often go out under-dressed with no makeup, wearing my (nude) bra under unisex or maybe male clothing.

I have never had any real reaction to my bra, whose straps & band are some times visible. I don't flaunt it, but my projection is there, my band & straps can sometimes be seen, and I have even suffered the embarrassment of a dropped bra strap! The feeling as I ran to the rest room was very erotic.

I am sure that women have noticed me, but they have never commented.

If I wore a black bra under a tight white top, or if I wore my florescent pink bra under any top, I'm sure I would be noticed.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post

Brave???
    Well even mt Daughter, Who works as a bartender, and gives my a hug every time she sees me, has not said
    a thing. even when we are alone. So just maybe I am pulling the wool over everyone's eyes, At least I can
    hope I am.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post

Yet.

To you.

I guess I will never understand this perceived stealthiness when it comes to wearing bras in guy mode. Really, it doesn't exist.

Unless you are an Eskimo and dress like one.

Also, trying to reconcile bravery with wearing a bra...

Brave???
    As much as I'd like to go out totally enfemme, I have only gone as far as Randi as well. Wearing a bra and forms but being subtle is a matter of trying not to be obvious, but possibly or probably noticed, yet still pushing yourself towards that ultimate goal of total dressing, something I am not brave enough to do. Saying 'Just do it" isn't a possibility just because others do it.

I don't really know what to say, but I'll try.

There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity, and in my mind, the line is the bra strap or the bra band. I don't believe that any bra on a male or a female is invisible, unless you're wearing a ski jacket or something over it. I did go out once underdressed in a bra, but I fully expected to be seen and didn't care. Actually, I was flying and it was a pre-form TSA test.

I underdress in panties quite often, but I'm not even sure that panties are invisible. Think VPLs.

My other thought is the question of who is more likely to be notices: A man wearing a bra and forms, or a man tastefully dressed for the venue with makeup, forms and a wig. IMHO, the man with just a bra and forms is more obvious.

All this doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, but be realistic about it. Just because no one says anything doesn't mean the don't see anything. Just think about the time in Jr High School when your supposed friend tped a sign to your back that said, "Kick me."
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.