Untitled

In the Year 2525 - Transitioning TSs Only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FgSmdfRUus

Many, Many years in the future
    In the year 6565
    You won't need no husband, won't need no wife
    You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
    From the bottom of a long glass tube
    But, should you be fortunate or unfortunate to be discovered by some bone digger how do you think they will view you?

I have had a number of discussions which are based long the lines that gender is written into the DNA. Some futuristic bone digger will look at your skeletal remains, look at the bone structure, skull, maybe extract some DNA and declare this was MAN.

My response has been that I would not care, lets face it unless I ended up like this futurama_vol_5_heads_in_jars_full.jpg

I would not know anything about it.

That is my view, but does this type of thinking bother you?
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Gold Member
    I doubt anyone will care about what gender or sex the dead are/were.
    Loved ones or famous people die, the living grieve for a short time, the world moves on.

What is not going to happen - some bone digger getting curious about the history of some random dead person or even ancestor, having their remains exhumed, and testing to see what their true sex/gender was. That would be pointless and expensive. As would preserving their heads in some glass jar.

Society is more focused on people who are able to be productive and are doing such. That is why some people's identity has more to do with their job than anything.

So for a TG to worry about "what if someday after I am dead, they find out i was really a man?" is wasted worry. No one is going to care.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Untitled
    That is my thinking too Erin, I am happy to discuss the issue, however, even today, it would be very doubtful that DNA would play a part in determining gender
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

To quote Homer Simpson:
    "Heeheehee I'll be dead by then!"

So I guess it won't really matter, though I suppose they'd know what's up considering the name on the tombstone.

Nah, it doesn't bother me.

Plenty of arguments can be made along those lines; Never have kids, never have a period, never parallel park again, etc.

I barely care about what people think of me now, I certainly don't care what they'll think about me when I'm dead. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    To misquote Spike Milligan and slightly out of context I'm not worried what happens to my remains after I die, I just don't want to be there when it does.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Gone to live my life
    Hi Nigella,

Nah . . . it won't bother me. Then again it won't be possible as I am going out in a blaze of Viking warrior glory . . . being cremated

Cheers

Marcelle

Gold Member
    I think I am going to be turned to ashes. I am leaving that and all the arrangements up to my kids. They will be the ones paying for it and putting me on the mantle or staring at random green grass is a field of upright stones. But scattering me somewhere is easier and takes away any tests. Now the more obtuse point may be that I am intersex, so what markers will I leave behind if I am not destroyed?

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    resureck me... Hahah I'll reap havoc everywhere. It will be mad science.
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

I feel the same way my Dad felt about passing on. The Land is for the living. So as he was cremated, so will I also. So for the most part it doesn't matter to me.

That being said; unless some kind of genetic sample of me is some how left behind on a personal affect that can positively be connected to me through surviving records, they will only know of me through any surviving records of who I was. The woman I am.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Interesting question. Yeah I would care a bit. Reason being I am finally being the real me. I would be perceived as something I am not. OK I guess physically I am but it would not reflect WHO I am. Obviously not a big deal - I'll be dead but sticking with the hypothetical theory - yeah it would bug me. I think I will get over it LOL

Untitled
    Thanks for the responses

First they have to find me... Since we're quoting songs "all we are is dust in the wind". The key phrase in the song "if man is still alive, if woman can survive..." They'll look at the bones, say "gee this guy didn't take care of his body" Wonder why the pelvis is slightly wider then ship me to the British Museum because the Brits always send the mummies home to mummy

The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If I ever die all they will find is ashes... don't want to waste the land!
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack

Ashes to ashes,
    Dust to dust.
    Like an old Ford,
    Parts of me will rust.
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I don't really ascribe to any organized religion. I kind of consider myself spiritual, but more along Maslow's ideal of fulfilling innate human needs. So after "I" whomever that may be, am done with this vessel, I don't really give a darn. Someday sooner than later, I think our existences as TS individuals will be so common, no one would possibly care. Were oddities today, but I suspect we wont be a hundred years from now.