Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Name change - filed!

I think Jane spent a fun day getting FFS, ......hope we hear from her soon and that it all went wonderfully.

Congrats, Jane.

As I understand it, I think Mississippi is the easiest state for legal name changes. All I need is a petition for legal name change and $92. That's it. I don't need a Lawyer to do it either. As long as the reason I'm requesting the name change is not for anything illegal, they pretty much will grant it.

Now, as for me on the gender marker. That is going to take a lot more for me I'm afraid. My Birth Certificate is from the State of Michigan. In Michigan, I have to have SRS before they will change my gender marker on that. I can't get my gender maker changed on my Drivers Licence here in Mississippi until I get it changed on my Birth Certificate. Don't you just love the Catch 22's out there?
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.